Ratings for Dr. Rita K. Lum

Dr. Lum was very compassionate and listened well. She asked the right questions and she prescribed what she felt would help, and only prescribed the amount I needed to use between current appointment,amt and next appointment. Staff was courteous and helpful with insurance. Wait was not more than 15 minutes. My son and daughter have also seen her and they think she is top notch.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2011

never on time usually handed out meds without ever being seen after waiting for multiple hours in waiting room with a child ADHD

flag | Submitted April 27, 2009

After going through a handful of psychiatrists, Dr. Lum is the only one who I have not felt like a guinea pig being experimented on with medications not indicated for my anxiety issues. She listens and appears concerned unlike other doctors I've been to who give the impression that I was wasting their time. I feel 100% comfortable during sessions and would recommend her to anyone. Her office always calls the day before my appointment to remind me of my appointment and the longest I've had to wait is 15 minutes. Her staff always greets me by name which makes me feel like a person instead of a mere "numbered" patient.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2008

My insurance pays 100%. Daughter needed refills on her two medications for being Bipolar. Office stated no problem...Office said that Dr. Lum will be back the day after tomorrow and we will have them called in. Husband went to pick the RX's up and they were not called in. He called the office when he arrived home and they said that they did not call them in because our insurance company has not responded to a claim over 60 days old. They said that they would only call the RX's in if we paid the $100.00 over the phone. My husband paid the $100.00 so that we could get the RX. The two medications that my daughter is on cannot be stopped...you have to be weened off of them. We have never rec'd any calls or bills stating that they were having a problem. They apolgized later for not informing us of the issues. But, they more or less held my daughter's health hostage. That to me is bad practice and could have caused health issues if we were unable to pay the $100.00. Shame on them

flag | Submitted July 26, 2007

Dr. Rita K. Lum's Credentials

• Univ Of Ms Sch Of Med, Jackson Ms 39216 (Grad. 1972)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Meridian, MS