Ratings for Dr. Mary E. River

She is an excellent doctor who actually cares for her patients. She explains everything thoroughly and takes the time to answer any questions you may have. She knows her stuff and is very personable. I can't recommend her enough. In fact, I switched to her after hearing such good things from some of her other patients. The staff in her office are great too!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2012

I was supposed to see another Dr. in that office that I had a referral to but they had me come in the same day I called and put me with Dr River. I did not feel she was listening to my conscerns. They lost my blood test and when I tried to rescedule with the original physician I was supposed to see to start with I was told I could not because one of them would not get paid. Absoulutely a joke.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2010

I really appreciate Dr. River. For me, she has stayed as long as I need her to until I understand her instructions, and fully answers all my questions. This is nice compared to some of the other docs I see who are obviously trying to get out of the room as soon as they can. Some of the office staff can get to be a bit condescending and rude at times.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2010

The staff were somewhat unprofessional-talking on cell phones about personal business that could be heard easily in the waiting room at several different appts. When I was called into the room to bee seen by the Dr., the assistant was very proffessional, asked pertinent questions, and stayed until the Dr. came in. Once she was there, she fired off questions, completed her exam,wrote sown the plan she wanted me to follow including the schedule of when to take meds and how much, and then asked if I had any questions. She was very thorough, and listened to my concerns.I left knowing exactly what was wrong, the plan I was to follow, and when to return. My only concern was that again , the office staff were busy talking on the phone with personal phone calls. Surely ther must be another place to place such calls. I would highly recommend Dr. Rivers to everyone.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2009

I felt the doctor had bad, bed side manors. My visit was more like a joke. The doctor should be more caring with her patience's

flag | Submitted December 11, 2008

I have been seeing Dr. Rivers for several years now and she always takes her time with me. I don't mind waiting because I know she cares about her patients. I really can't find anything negative about her or her staff.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2008

Dr. River was over an hour late, rushed through my appointment, and never gave me my test results -- even after numerous attempts on my part to contact her office. Furthermore, her office never returned phone calls, and now claims they gave me my test results the same day as I had my appointment (which is an outright lie, since Dr. Rivers told me my results would not be available until the next week).

flag | Submitted July 26, 2007

Dr. Mary E. River's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1984)