Ratings for Dr. Paul T. Chandler

terrible doctor , seemed to forget what he was saying and would drift off into another subjet. time to go.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2012

I am so glad I was referred to Dr. Chandler 15 years ago this month. I feel like he has saved my life several times because of his knowledge and interest in helping his patients. It takes me over an hour to go see him but every trip is well worth the time and effort. I recommend him 100%

flag | Submitted February 25, 2012

One of the best Doctors I have been to, and I have been to many. No nonsense, practical and knowledgeable. Wish he was here in LA, or that I could find someone as good as he here in LA.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2011

The office is dated...and old. They could use atleast new chairs in the exam rooms. That being said I honestly disagree a lot with what he said...not sure if he is "up-to-date" with a lot of things. I was told a few things by him thats "blew me away" I asked questions and got the feeling he was beating around the bush, like he didn't know how to answer them correctly and was trying to avoid them all together. A few things he knew about, but it wasn't why I went there. He is not a horrible doctor by any means. I say try going and if you don't like then switch. Everyone has different "standards" for their medical care and I will atleast let him give me his opinion, hear him out...but most likely will be looking for a second opinion.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2010

Extremely unknowledgeable. Gave me info on hypOthyroidism when I have hypERthyroidism. Told me there were no benefits to continue to breastfeed my 5 month old and I would have to stop immediately. Said all the extra thyroid was passing into my breastmilk (it doesn't), that meds aren't safe while breastfeeding (they are), and that I'd have to have a test done that I couldn't breastfeed for (but didn't tell me that I also wouldn't be able to hold either of my kids for a full week). He is totally out of date on his information about non-endocrine related things, and talks out his ass.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2010

Dr Chandler is a great doctor. I have been going to him over 20 years and he in the top three doctors I have seen in my 65 years.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2009

I have been going to Dr. Chandler for 16 years. I agree that the office is a bit old and dingy, and you will wait (sometimes an hour) to see him. But he will spend as much time as you need and is very knowledgeable about all questions you have, or can refer you to a good specialist. He really tries to find you options to save money on office visits and medicine. Frankly, I don't know what I will do when he retires.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2008

I've been seeing Dr Chandler for about 15 years. I've tried other doctors but always go back to him. Yes, the building is a bit old and dated. There are supplies stacked in the room where the nurse takes your pulse, blood pressure, etc. The outside waiting room is organized. The inner waiting rooms are organized. Dr Chandler is old but he his good. He's thorough, thoughtful, and patient. He's also very practical..."you don't need this, this works just as well". He has good working hours. And it's not that he is unfriendly. Truthfully he's probably a bit of an introvert. I think he started out in research. He's very well respected and is often asked to do speeches/presentations in the medical world. So don't expect cushy couches, well decorated rooms, etc. Tell him what your concerns are and he will work with you on them.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2008

flag | Submitted March 1, 2008

Office is old, but so is the Doc ;-). I think he's retiring soon (guess) so no need to remodel the office. Very knowledgable, business-like, but not overly friendly. Very patient, answered all my questions in a competent and unhurried manner. The office even called to reschedule my appt for an earlier date when my test results came back earlier than expected. I almost canceled my appt after reading these reviews - sure glad I took them with a grain of salt.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2007

Dr. Paul T. Chandler's Credentials

• Emory Univ Sch Of Med, Atlanta Ga 30322 (Grad. 1968)