Ratings for Dr. Timothy N. Hickman

He is okay but we are still shipping around to see where we will go

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

Our experience with Houston IVF and Dr. Hickman was fantastic! The waiting room was clean and well appointed, which was great, but even better was the fact that we spent hardly any time there-we never waited more than 10 minutes, even for surgical procedures. The staff was very helpful and informative and they answered all of our questions professionally and completely. It was wonderful to feel like the Dr. and staff really cared about us and our needs and thoughts. Thanks!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2014

Extremely disappointed with Houston IVF and Dr. Hickman (especially their lab). Had a major error earlier this year on the lab's part and now another lab error (oops, did we say you were pregnant? oh sorry, can you come back in for another test? labs are inconsistent today - whatever THAT means). Ive been going there for 2 years. Had 3 failed IUIs and trying to get through an IVF cycle (going on 8 months now). my IVF nurse is super and so are a couple of others. 2 years ago when I started - HORRENDOUS nurses that mixed up charts. "So, you're six weeks pregnant!" really? news to me. (this was told to me on one of my first check ups). I wont go into my issues with them in case legal action is taken. but I can tell you - will NEVER refer this group to anyone. ever. you are definitely a number and it still shocks me when the Dr calls - he only makes time to give me bad news.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2013

I have done IVF before at another clinic and was successful on the first try. I chose HIVF because of circumstances and proximity this time. If my situation were different I would have definitely gone back to my previous clinic, where the procedure was much cheaper and the level of care and expertise was 100% better. They kept getting my name wrong (first red flag), they 'forgot' that I needed a pap smear and they also 'forgot' some very important blood tests. They made a mistake with the amount of meds I needed. They kept asking about my first IVF cycle, its like they were using that to go on. I told them I stimmed in eight days. They were scanning every other day but the dunces couldn't see what was happening. I ovulated on day eight, they put me on an antagon from day nine and only realised what happened on day ten. I have cancer...that was my last chance. I lost my follicles. I paid a great price for their inexperience.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

Houston IVF is fantastic! I had 2 failed IVF cycles elsewhere and Houston IVF gave me the hope to try one last time. I am now pregnant and could not have done it without the knowledge and compassion of the staff at HIVF. The nurses were always very kind and willing to answer my questions. I would definitely recommend this clinic to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

The care I received at Houston IVF was horrific. They tried to heavily pressure me into their $30k+ IVF package basically telling me I was on the verge of menopause (at 31) and it was my only realistic shot at a pregnancy. They told me I was having a procedure for a medical reason and I later found out that it was in preparation for IVF...which I had repeatedly told them I didn't want to do. I feel like they tried to take advantage of me at my most vulnerable time--learning of a scary diagnosis. Phone calls were repeatedly not returned. I got an infection after a procedure and it took days to get a prescription and I was in horrible pain the entire time. Nurses were rude. To add insult to injury, I am now being billed almost $4k for testing they told me repeatedly were covered. After becoming pregnant, they did not refill a RX that I needed to sustain the pregnancy despite repeated phone calls.Sadly, I have now talked to multiple other women who have similar experiences here.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

Hickman and his medical staff are superb in their knowledge and capability, but his billing/insurance department is a a nightmare. 9 months later we are still fighting to receive over $900 we paid to them for services they said were not covered by my insurance that actually were covered at 100%. We have been given the runaround non-stop by 'Ann' and others in the billing department and are about at the point we want an attorney to deal with this. Attorney fees would probably be higher than the amt we are due but at this point it just feels wrong to let this go. They need to do the right thing. Giving them 30 more days before taking legal action. Prceed with CAUTION before you pay them anything. Double check everything on your own and do not depend on them to verify benefits.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2013

You are a just a number here. We had "stellar" embryos on our first IVF but they did not take. Dr. Hickman never once sat down with us afterward to discuss changes in protocol for our future IVF. You never get a nurse on the line, only her voice mail. Communication and sympathy are lacking.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

I cannot believe that there are any negative comments on this board by about Dr. Hickman or his staff. They are beyond wonderful! The best! I couldn't ask for more. I have every faith and confience in him and his staff. He is so smart and seems very compassionate. His staff is always available, my phone calls are returned by 3 everyday, and they are unbelievably prompt and efficient with their appointments.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2011

I can't think of enough superlatives to describe our experience with Dr Hickman and his staff. I was 41 and had tried on our own for 6 months. I live near the med center had one visit with another clinic in the Women's Hosp campus who told me I had a 5% chance of IVF success. I drove 40 miles round trip to Dr Hickman who gave me a 25% chance. We only retrieved 4 eggs that were succesfully inseminated and then "sent in" but I got twins! The staff was always supportive and cheerful. Dr Hickman came in on his scheduled day off to do my first ultrasound. I never felt rushed when I asked questions. **Quite frankly, I wrote my review because I couldn't understand where some of the negative comments could have come from. I would recommend Dr Hickman over and over again. I'd rate him as one of my top 2 doctors - of any specialty and I do a lot of investigating to go to the best.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2011

Dr. Timothy N. Hickman's Credentials

• St Louis Univ Sch Of Med, St Louis Mo 63104 (Grad. 1990)