Ratings for Dr. Jau-Shin Lou

For an initial consult my visit was less than 15 minutes, and the written report had several inaccuracies - listed many strength tests that he didn't perform. Not up to date on recent research. Just not a very thorough examination overall.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2011

Jau-Shin's clinic performed several diagnostic procedures on me, including a muscle biopsy, even though I provided them with the results from my first muscle biopsy, which was performed at a different clinic. For the follow-up appointment to the biopsy, Jau-Shin asked me a variety of technical questions that would be more appropriate for the patient to ask the doctor, which made me uncomfortable with his competency in the field of neuromuscular disease. I happen to have a background in biochemistry, but in this case, it was not my role to be answering the questions. What upset me more is that Jau-Shin indicated that he would consult other doctors at his clinic, and then get back to me about the next step. It's been 3 months that I have not heard from him, regardless of my several attempts to contact him! If he deemed it appropriate to perform a (second!) muscle biopsy, he should at least respond to me, whether or not there are significant findings. I do not recommend this physician.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2010

Dr. Jau-Shin Lou's Credentials

• Natl Taiwan Univ Coll Of Med, Taipei, Taiwan (385-02 Prior 1/71) (Grad. 1979)