Ratings for Dr. Robert C. Young

This doctor would rather over prescribe over the counter meds to destroy your liver rather then prescribe narcotics that work. Scenario: patient has had previous back surgery for a ruptured disc... Patient has MRI scheduled in 3 weeks, along with neurosurgeon appt after MRI. Patient has been laid up for 3 weeks already needs to complete some regular day to day tasks... However is unable to due to pain level. Patient neglected because doctor cares more about himself then the patient.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2012

I injured my knee and was referred to Dr. Young, who told me I had runner's knee and needed to take glucosamine. I was skeptical, because runner's knee is a chronic, achy condition, and I was having acute episodes of serious pain and instability. Nevertheless, I followed his advice and kept getting worse. I finally had to get another doctor to order an MRI, and it turned out my ACL was completely torn AND I had a large tear in my meniscus. I had been walking around needing surgery for 8 months (well, not so much walking as on and off crutches)! Dr. Young had totally missed both of the two major things that were wrong with my knee, and I really wish I hadn't been so deferential to his (erroneous) judgement.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2010

Dr. Robert C. Young's Credentials

• University Of Washington School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)