Ratings for Dr. Richard A. Hartman

I’ve been with Dr. Hartman since I got pregnant with my first baby. He has seen me through two pregnancies. I’ll guess I’ve been to the office at least 30 times in the last 3.5 years. I love his demeanor. He has a great sense of humor and is easy to talk to. He’s not a doctor who shoves a bunch of information down your throat giving you big speeches about what you can and can’t do. If you have questions about what you’re supposed to be doing while pregnant or otherwise, ask him. He always has an answer. I’ve found he’s generally pretty relaxed about things. His staff is awesome. All of the nurses I’ve dealt with have stayed with the practice the whole time I’ve been there. They know my whole family well and were very patient with my toddler when she came to prenatal appointments during my second pregnancy. They enjoy seeing how their babies are growing up. I’ve never felt rushed at any of my visits. He loves delivering babies! It’s clear when you talk to him that it’s his passion.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2011

Dr. Hartman was my doctor at the hospital...I am not a patient of his, nor will I ever be one. He was very rude to me and my family. He acted as if we were uneducated and would not listen to a thing we said. (We spent a lot of time researching the decisions we made and were confident they were the right decisions for us.) However, his general attitude and demeanor were very displeasing and his bedside manner left much to be desired. I believe a good doctor is one who listens to patients, reacts to situations with compassion and has a willingness to learn and/or admit that he/she may need more information. Dr. Hartman is definitely not that. He is stuck in his ways and probably will never change.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

I am really disappointed after reading all the great reviews of Dr. Hartman. I first started seeing him after I became pregnant and he seemed like a genuinely nice and caring OB. However, I find myself increasingly upset after every appointment. I have mostly had to educate myself about my pregnancy- ie what foods I should avoid, normal symptoms, exercise, etc. Not once has he really ever educated me about my pregnancy. I also called their office with complaints of severe cramps and nausea. The staff told me to come in and Dr. Hartman rushed through the visit, and seemed very irritated. I left feeling upset and angry. I WILL be switching OBGYNs and I would not recommend him to my family.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2011

Dr.Hartman is the best I've been going to him since I was 16 years old. I even got to keep him as a physician when I became pregnant. The whole staff is excellent and friendly I absolutely love them.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2011

I love Dr. Hartman,he is so knowledgeable and down to earth! He has been my OB since I was 17, 32 now and nothing has changed always willing to answer questions honestly and openly. He staff is also very helpful! And he wears the best bow ties!!!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2010

I started seeing Dr. Hartman after I got pregnant. He always had time for questions during our visits, was considerate of my concerns, and always seemed genuinely involved in my pregnancy – not “I deal with this every day” detached. The staff is warm and friendly, and they are responsive if you call with questions. The office also has Saturday hours.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2009

Dr. Hartman has the greatest bedside manner. He is responsive and answers your questions. He is very friendly and the office staff is friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2007

Dr. Richard A. Hartman's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Columbia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)