Ratings for Dr. Leanne Birkett

A thoughtful, compassionate doctor who is very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

I was admitted under dr birkettes care in 2002, i had relapsed from Anorexia Nervosa which they then diagnosed ame as schizophrenic, bioplar disorder and a psychotic episode. Nope wrong. How do i know the drugs they gave me for traetmemt actually brough on hallucinations. They need to be schooled in how to take a proper medical history and not just slap more labelles on people. Im still traumtized from those hospital stays. And appalled they were my only option for Recovery at that time in Calgary

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Dr. Birkett saved my life. She is a kind and compassionate doctor who is truly committed to her patients. She took the time to work with my family and family doctor. She gave me the help I needed. She stuck with me for years even though I had a very complex illness.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

Very cold and judgemental. Never on time. Staff almost comatose. Would not recommend this doctor or clinic. Their approach can actually be harmful to someone who needs help.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2014

Dr. Birkett is an insightful clinician who has a gift to treat both the illness and the patient. She is a gift to her profession.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2013

She is a very good communicator when I asked question I didn't get straight answer, I didn't feel heard when I took the time to explain where I was coming from. She was very cold and didn't offer me any sense of hope, she always keeps me waiting for a ridiculously long time. I don't believe Dr. Birkett got into psychiatry because she genuinely wants to help people, I'm very dissapointed with her overall. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone who is struggling with bipolar.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2013

I have been to several psychiatrists over the years and have lucked out with Dr. B. She is so kind, caring and empathic. Her nurse Michelle is fabulous as well. I wouldn't want to see anyone else when I compare to the past.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2011

Very knowledgeable, has helped me through a psychotic episode after the birth of my baby. Very supportive and compassionate.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2011

Very personable Doctor, takes the time to listen, don't feel rushed in the appointment. Willing to go the extra mile and contact family members if needed. I'd recommend her...and her assisting nurse, Mona.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2009

great rapport; gives her full attention; very helpful

flag | Submitted August 20, 2007