Ratings for Dr. Stuart F. Folick

Nothing but the best to say for Dr. Folick and his wonderful staff. I met Miriam first time over the phone and I could just tell she was a bright and lovely lady. I also met Lynette when I went for my appointment and she was very sweet and attentive as well. Dr. Folick gets to know his patients and genuinely cares about each individual. Even a handful of times in, I've heard the same sentiment from others. Wish there were more like him!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

Dr Folick is the best doctor I have ever seen. I now live in Virginia but still travel back to NY to see him.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

Worst Doctor ever! Worst Officer Ever! Lazy office workers will not put a referral through for you, you have to pick it up and do it yourself! Doctor will make you wait at least 40minutes to an hour no matter how early you arrive or what time your appointment is. Doctor will want to see you no matter what you need, even if its an x-ray that he can not provide in his office for you. Waste of time and money. All Doctor cares about is to get you in and to bill your insurance. Stay Away!!!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2014

What kind of a doctor is this. My 88year old mom went to him because she had pain in her leg and back and after checking her out he said I dont know whats wrong take her to the ER. hey **** you are a doctor thats your job to know what is wrong.Do not take your parents to this **** he should not have a licence as a doctor he should be picking up garbage. I will be reporting him to the American Medical Assocition. He did the same thing with my Dad who passed away 2 years ago.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

The very worst experience I have ever had. Dr. arrived 40 minutes late for his first appointment. By then there were 4 people waiting. He examined me and told me to go to the ER. I did. I was hospitalized for over a week with a heart attack and he NEVER came to the hospital. Who needs a doctor who defers to the puppy brigade at a hospital and doesn't come to see a long-term patient? I honestly don't think he knows the differences in the symptoms of a female having a cardiac episode from a male having the same. He was rarely available over the phone to ask questions. The person who answers his phone and acts as a receptionist is rude and has no problem lying for his lateness. This is a geriatric specialist that you have to walk a flight of stairs to see. Absurd. Not even acceptable as a local physician. I found another doctor who is more human and humane.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2013

Folick is one of the few doctors keeping computer records that will be available to other doctors or hospitals in an emergency. This is the future of medicine and a good thing. So what if he is entering your information and looking up the best information available while you sit on the exam table. I would rather that he get it right than look at my face. Of course he does do old-fashioned hands-on exams and does not rely exclusively on lab tests. A young internist and a liver specialist both incorrectly diagnosed Hep C, but Flick got it right and spared me a lot of agita and unnecessary testing. If you need someone to smile at you and hold your hand, you could do better. If you want old fashioned good doctoring, he's your man! He's worth the wait.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2011

After years of using Dr, Folick, I am finally going to searching for another. His lateness, the office staff, the waiting, the talking to the doctor's back while he types on the computer have finally gotten to me. It is so disrespectful to be handled this way in a physician's office. I honestly don't think he has a doctor's instinct for diagnosing anything worse than a paper cut. There were days recently when he didn't even tell his answering service that he didn't plan on coming to the office, and the only advice they could offer is to go to the ER. This doctor is just lazy, the staff is just rude, their protocol leaves too much to be desired.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2010

After almost 15 years of Dr's not being able to find out what was wrong with my stomach issues, it took just 2 visits with Dr. Follick to find out it was Crohn's disease and malabsorption. Now I feel 1000x better. He has an amazing sense of humor, is extremely knowledgeable and has the tenacity of a pit bull when it comes to a diagnosis. Sure some people may complain that the waiting room is crowded but would you feel better going to a Dr. who has no one waiting to see him?

flag | Submitted August 30, 2010

Doctor mainly examines the computer while you're there, but seems knowledgeable. It's important to ask about things because nothing will be volunteered. A big drawback: the woman who works at the desk who pretends to be caring is rude and unhelpful and creates an unhealthy environment.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2010

Great doctor and staff. I will not go anywhere else. I have referred friends and family to him, and everyone is very happy. I strongly disagree with the poor ratings here. Is there wait time? Yes, but it's because he takes the time to talk to and examine his patients.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2009

Dr. Stuart F. Folick's Credentials

• University Of Chicago - Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1972)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Astoria, NY