Ratings for Dr. Alyse K. Kanter

Dr. Kanter was amazing! She delivered both of my boys and treated my family like her own! Best doctor ever!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

Not very kind or thorough. Made a point to tell me how overweight I was throughout my pregnancy. Also joked about my baby's size and that I likely wouldn't be able to deliver naturally but that she wouldn't understand because her babies were only 5lbs.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

Dr. Kanter was a terrible doctor. She did not care abit how my pregnancy was going or asked me how I wanted to deliver. She made the delivery process terrifying.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

I saw Dr Kanter for excessive bleeding. I was a healthy woman in my mid 30's, slightly overweight.She ordered tests and prescribed meds to lessen the bleeding.When this did not work, several weeks later, she prescribed a different drug and ordered an ultrasound.She said there was a mass in my uterus which she "thought" was a fibroid, nothing "bad".She again changed the meds as I continued to bleed excessively and said that I was "fat and needed to loose weight", explaining that overweight women produce excessive amounts of estrogen which causes bleeding. I completely lost faith in Dr Kanter. I saw my former OB/GYN in Mass who immediately saw on the U/S that there was something unusual about the mass in my uterus and scheduled surgery. The pathology showed this as a very rare tumor which was causing the bleeding! Dr Kanter needs to look further into things or consult a more educated colleague with things beyond her scope of knowledge. I am alive today because I sought a second opinion!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

She helped us through our pregnancy pretty smoothly. She is very knowledgeable and to-the-point. Sometimes her to-the-point response may seem less sensitive but that is clearly not the case. She is very clear in her diagnosis.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2012

I recently had my first child and being skeptical of doctors and doctor offices due to bad experiences in the past, Dr. Kanter and her office staff are wonderful. Had it not been for their professionalism and caring attitudes, I believe my pregnancy experience wouldn't have been as enjoyable. Not only were the office staff wonderful, I rarely had to give my name when walking into the office other than the first few inital visits, as they knew my name. I look forward to a wonderful doctor/patient relationship going forward.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2012

Please do not consider Dr. Kanter to deliver your baby. My wife and I had a horrible, awkward and uncomfortable experience with her. Dr. Kanter was not our primary doctor. Maybe she’s nicer to her own clients? During the delivery she sat slouched in a corner chair and complained the entire time. She never once addressed my wife by her name. She kept pointing and referring to my wife as “she” and “her”. After 15-20 minutes of her apparent frustration that the baby had not arrived she decided to abandon the delivery. I warned that my wife labors (we have 3 kids) very quickly and the baby will be here any minute. The Dr. (in front of my wife) told the staff “she not pushing right”, rudely dispatched the staff and told the staff she needs to labor down for an HOUR! Within 5 contractions later and no staff our daughter started to arrive. I ran for help and grabbed a nurse who called the doctor back. What should have been a wonderful moment in our lives was destroyed.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2012

excellent doctor-we had a great delivery experience and can't wait to have our second baby with her

flag | Submitted February 12, 2012

I saw Dr Kanter during my first pregnancy,Because of her my husband and I lost our baby girl zoie who was born still at 40 weeks. I called dr kanter after not feeling movement and was told to come in to make sure my baby was still alive. Who says that!! Than upon finding out she passed away Dr Kanter was extremly cold towards us. During labor she was 10 lbs and suffered extreme shoulder dystocia.A week before she had said she'd be no larger than 7.We were than told that I had gestational diabetes. We later found that I had been a borderline gestational diabetic early in the pregnancy and should have been retested as it gets worse. A year later we welcomed a healthy 7 lb baby girl thanks to my new dr properly diagnosing my gestational diabetes.I have been told that if it had been diagnosed we would be holding our daughter right now. This could have been prevented and my husband and I will never forgive Dr Kanter or her practice. DO NOT TAKE THE CHANCE!! a babies life is too important.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2012

Very pleased with the professionalism and the courtesy of all. I leave the office feeling secure in my visit and all of my questions have been answered; if I should have one that is not answered at the time of the visit, they follow up in a timely manner. They are an excellent example of true customer service and caring. I recommend this office to all I know.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2011

Dr. Alyse K. Kanter's Credentials

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1994)