Ratings for Dr. Richard I. Ecker

Arrogant bully, staff afraid of him, bad temper, inconsiderate, quack.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2018

Very knowledge in the Dermatology field, excellent results with my Botox injections

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

His staff is horrific, bad attitude and clearly incompetent. Ecker himself is a disaster and does not care about adequately treating patients, but is only interested in money. He is literally a scam with a license.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

I am very pleased with Dr Ecker. He is very knowledgeable, takes time with his patients and very professional. He knows what he is doing. His staff are to be commended also. A 5 star rating all around.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

I've been seeing Dr. Ecker for several years. I have found him to be very honest, open, and does good work. His staff is wonderful. From front desk to assisting in procedures, I find everyone GREAT.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

If only there was a negative number! One of my staff just came back in tears because of Dr. Ecker's payment policy (all up front even though she had insurance), increase in quoted office charge due to HIS adding a recommendation for a service she neither wanted or asked for, and because of his complete lack of attention to her actual medical concern. I'm stunned this individual is still attracting patients.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

This was my first trip to Dr. Ecker's office. I informed him that I have had numerous skin cancers in the past and need to be seen regularly and thoroughly. After a 10 minute exam Dr Ecker sent me on my way telling me everything looked good after he missed a large facial cancer growth. Two weeks later I tried to get back in to see him because I was concerned with an area that was increasing in size and soreness. He was booked out for 6 weeks even after I told the front desk that this was important. I immediately called my family doctor who upon examining me sent me to Newberg to have immediate Mohs surgery to remove the cancer. My new Dermatologist said that I am not the first patient he has seen of Dr. Ecker's. I am not writing this review to be vindictive, I really am concerned about Dr. Ecker's competence. I got lucky so please, please be careful.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

Had a rash on legs that produced pus-filled pimple-like bumps that turned into crater-like ulcers that never healed. Dr. Ecker insisted they were flea bites that I had scratched. He refused to take a culture or biopsy. Told me my house was probably full of fleas. Bathed my dog and not one flea was found. She's on a flea regiment. Went for a second opinion. Was diagnosed with Diabetes! The ulcers are a symtom of Diabetes. I am now on medication and the ulcers are healing. The second doctor asked who diagnosed flea bites. When I told him, He shook his head and said he treats many of Dr. Eckers patients that have been misdiagnosed. Stay away from Ecker!! He's a quack! He could have cost me my life!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

Various treatments for skin cancer were not adequately outlined up front with costs of each treatment. Upon questioning the course of treatment that the Dr decided to proceed with, I was told that I was given choices up front which was a lie. The Dr became very defensive when I asked pointed questions particularly about the number of follow up visits he required. He made me feel stupid and still did not provide much info on the course of treatment so I finally just decided to stop seeing him. He is not personable and belittles the patient.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2014

An arrogant bully who spends more effort showing his patients contempt than in trying to help them.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2014

Dr. Richard I. Ecker's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine (Grad. 1974)

Commercial Insurance Company