Ratings for Dr. James K. Smith

Dr James Smith, arthristis Dr at St V's. He was rude and ****. Did not listen to me at all, huge uninformed generalizations and ridiculed my referring drs as idiots because they didn't study in NY. Compared himself to Television Dr. Actually, may have been right in my diagnosis but very bull headed, with no endearing qualities. It is no surprise now that he had available appointments when no one else did. I would not go to him again. He just told me all the other dr's were wrong, he was always needed to correct other less informed doctors because they just sent everyone to him that they didn't know what to do with. He actually told me that there was no such thing as a connective tissue disease and I had been told "garbage" by my other doctors. There was nothing wrong with me, just to take 2 Aleve everyday. ****, ageist, ****. Ignorant personality. Very upsetting. Do not recommend to anyone for any condition.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2009

Went to Dr Smith as a new patient for arthritis. He sent me ASAP to a pain clinic without even knowing anything about me. They wanted to put me on Methadone( synthetic heroin)- again without any info on me! Dr smith was also very uninterested in me basically.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2007

As unbelievable as this sounds, Dr. Smith did seem not interested in treating my illness. He belittled my illness and did not seem to show any sincere caring. He did offer a discount from his first-time visit rates.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2007

Dr. James K. Smith's Credentials

• Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med, Iowa City Ia 52242 (Grad. 1965)