You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Takanori Fukushima

I was diagnosed with a 8mm acoustic neuroma in May, 2013. Dr Fukushima did surgery to remove it July 26,2013. I returned to work full time after 5 weeks and no serious complications. Highly recommend him and his office team.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

In December 2004 I was diagnosed with a brain tumor causing me to lose consciousness due to the fact that it was pressing on my brain stem. I was told not to let anyone local do the surgery - it was too dangerous. Dr. Fukushima performed the surgery at Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown, WV in early February 2005. He saved my life and I am forever grateful for that. I think he is a wonderful doctor - actually one of the best in the world and for anyone to say otherwise has not had much life experience, or else is the type of person who finds fault with everything and everyone. I did not see him a lot after the surgery, probably because he was flying to Italy the next morning to do another surgery. This did not upset me. When I did see him and interact with him, he seemed to be a kind, caring man.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016

In March 2010, Dr Fukushima removed a 4cm acoustic neuroma. I selected Dr Fukushima because I could not find another neurosurgeon with more experience in removing AN's. My post-surgical outcome has been great. I'm deaf in my left ear, but other than that, I have completely returned to normal activities. Vestibular physical therapy at UNC-Chapel Hill helped me a lot.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

I had brain stem surgery back in Sept of 2014. SCARED TO DEATH!! BUT THANKS TO DR FUKUSHIMA AND HIS TEAM I have recovered successfully! I JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I met with him in July by Sept I was in surgery! Today is May, 2015 and I am back to working, driving, talking, doing my daily activities as normal! I would DEFINITELY RECOMMEND this GREAT man!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

Its 7 years since Dr. Fukushima worked on my Trigenial Neuralgia. I will never forget my pain and nor forget my success in selecting him to perform the operation.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014

I was told by another neurologist that I had atypical facial pain. My facial pain got to be unbearable and the medications caused so many side effects. I had spontaneous pain at times; I even bit the side of my tongue. When a certain spot was touched, it sent tremendous pain through the left side of my face(from under my chin to my head). To make things even worse, the pain would intensify when I would: touch my face, kiss my husband, sing, eat, drink, wash my face, brush my teeth, try to explain something, get excited, talk, sneeze, and even when I hit a bump while driving. It has been painful while just lying in bed. The pain might last a few seconds then subside or might last a few minutes, especially when I was eating. Fortunately, I found DR.FUKUSHIMA, who understood my pain and offered treatment that other neurologists could not. In August 2001, I had surgery for Trigeminal Neuralgia, and it worked. I have been free of THAT CHRONIC PAIN ever since. DR FUKUSHIMA IS THE BEST!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

Don't go to this doctor! He doesn't have a good moral ethic as a medical doctor and a person. My cousin has suffered with a complication after he operated her in 2010. He promised to my cousin's husband that his wife is in the good hand. He was late one hour and no apology at all. One of our neighbor who is Japanese told us that there was a big news in Japanese newspaper last year that one of his patients died because he and his team in Japan operated the wrong brain part. The patient's family confronted this, but he denied it. He thinks he is the best, but his arrogance have made that patient died. Finally, he and his hospital in Japan gave a settlement money to that patient's family to close the case. He also doesn't have a good moral as a person being as a womanizer. There were several cases against him about women too.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2014

The doctor was never seen and he never introduced himself. He was not present at the start of surgery (running late after waiting a long time for him to show up) nor was he present at the conclusion of the surgery. He was listed on an operative report as participating but I never met him and he was supposed to be the primary surgeon. The surgery did not go well at all. There was permanent damage and numerous complications that appear to be lifelong. Did he ever show up? I do not know.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013

Nine years ago my sister in Japan was diagnosed with a ACOUSTIC NEUROMA and Dr Fukushima was contacted. He told us that he was the only one who could do the surgery and don't let any other Dr. touch her. He said he would go to Japan and do the surgery. He made her wait for one year and then did the surgery on 15 Jul 2005. After the surgery Dr. Fukushima said there was a problem with some bleeding and my sister was put in a induced coma untill October 2005. DR. FUKUSHIMA told the family that after some P.T. my sister would be able to function almost normally with some minor problems. Since that surgery my sister has not been able to speak, eat,see or move any part of her body. She has been lying in bed for the last nine years. DR. FUKUSHIMA said he would provide some finanial help for the 24/7 care she requires, we never heard from him again. It is my opinion that DR. FUKUSHIMA is not as great as he says he is and his word is not to be trusted. GET A SECOND OPINION !

flag | Submitted November 18, 2013

Dr. Takanori Fukushima's Credentials

• Juntendo Univ, Fac Of Med, Bunkyo-Yu, Tokyo, Japan (Grad. 1973)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was diagnosed with a 8mm acoustic neuroma in May, 2013. Dr Fukushima did surgery to remove it July 26,2013. I returned to work full time after 5 weeks and no ..."

April 20, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "In December 2004 I was diagnosed with a brain tumor causing me to lose consciousness due to the fact that it was pressing on my brain stem. I was told not to ..."

January 31, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "In March 2010, Dr Fukushima removed a 4cm acoustic neuroma. I selected Dr Fukushima because I could not find another neurosurgeon with more experience in remov..."

September 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had brain stem surgery back in Sept of 2014. SCARED TO DEATH!! BUT THANKS TO DR FUKUSHIMA AND HIS TEAM I have recovered successfully! I JUST WANT TO SAY THANK..."

May 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Its 7 years since Dr. Fukushima worked on my Trigenial Neuralgia. I will never forget my pain and nor forget my success in selecting him to perform the operati..."

March 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Fukushima is a great doctor and is very intelligent. He operated on me years ago and I am very thankful that he is my doctor!"

October 18, 2014