Ratings for Dr. Warren Anquist

I took my child to Dr. Anquist for a simple letter as he was recommended by my child's school. Big mistake. My child has Lyme. Yes, LYME. He made us wait for 45 minutes, basically told us that he didn't believe in Lyme, refused to talk WITH me, refused to even look at my supporting documentation and just kept talking over me and saying that the only thing my child needed was a Dietician and Psychiatrist while painfully poking my child and saying he was being oversensitive, gave us a flyer for a nutrition class for families, said he'd set us up with a Rheumatologist on the slim chance he was wrong then shooed us out the door. My child was in tears and I was furious at the way we were treated. I knew enough to fight for my child (who is currently getting help from a doctor who knows what they're doing) but I wonder just how many kids are being hurt by his arrogance and (dare I say it?) ignorance.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

had an app for my daughter who has anxiety, no help with figuring out how to deal with it, just said to keep doing what we are doing (which isn't much cause don't know what to do) and to come back in Sept. very disapointment waste of time

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

I was referred to Dr Anquist for my son with concerns about ADHD. We went in and spoke with him in length. He did not rush us and answered all our questions as well talked directly to my son. He gave us homework- a book to read. Told us to come back once we had read it as we had concerns on medicating our son. We did go back a couple months later and did decide to go ahead with medication. We were not in any way pressured to medicate. My son is a happier and more confident bay.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

My 2 year old daughter was referred to him for concerns about her speech and hearing. He did not even look in her ears. He went on saying he observed things that were completely opposite to what actually happened and said "well she isn't normal. Normal kids respond differently. " he ignored everything I told him about her and paid no attention to my child

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

I brought my 4 day old preemie infant into Abbotsford Emerg as he wasn't passing stool and he was vomiting - he also wasn't peeing or nursing either, and he was very lethargic. The ER doctor figured he was just constipated (I did NOT think this was the case) and gave my son a glycerin suppository and told me to wait in ER until my son pooped. I was so worried, however, Dr. Anquist was on call that day and came down to pay us a visit and immediately sensed something more was wrong and had us admitted. In the paediatric ward, Dr. Anquist started NG tube feeds and when my son still wouldn't keep breastmilk down he started IV fluids and ordered xrays. The xrays showed signs of a bowel obstruction and Dr. Anquist suspected that my son might have Hirschsprung's Disease. A phone call to a surgeon a Children's Hospital later and we were on our way. On day 10 of life, after receiving confirmation of Hirschsprung's, my son had surgery to correct the issue in his intestines and is now doing fantastically. I am forever grateful for the knowledge and experience that Dr. Anquist had in identifying a fairly serious issue with my infant baby boy. He is an excellent Dr. and we count ourselves lucky that he was on call that day in Abbotsford.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

My daughter was referred to Dr. Anquist 3 years ago for a potential ADD/ADHD diagnosis. Dr. Anquist thoroughly reviewed her behavioural patterns and specific childhood situation with me. At that time he suggested some lifestyle and behavioural changes (sleep schedules, diet and activity, structured timetables, etc) which we could incorporate and then we would re-evaluate if necessary. He definitely did not jump on the medication bandwagon. Three years later, after incorporating appropriate home, school, and social interventions as well as diagnostic testing and reviews, we returned to Dr. Anquist, who again reviewed her file in it's entirety and took an updated profile of my daughter's life, health and challenges. Only at that point was a diagnosis made. Dr. Anquist listened to my questions and concerns about medication, side-effects, long term effects and provided me with honest answers (good and bad) so that I could make the best decision for my daughter. During our follow up visits, Dr. Anquist has been, and continues to be, is a thorough and thoughtful physician, addressing not only my further questions, but also my daughter's.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

We thought out son might have ADHD and were referred to Dr.Anquist. I was honestly worried like many people are that he might not have a thorough discussion with us and might just push medication. I was wrong. He took a lot of time (30 minutes) to talk with us, go over all our concerns, his many behaviour challenges, and in the end I felt confident in medicating my son. The difference in our son is amazing. ADHD is a real thing and he is a happier child now that he is medicated. And so is his teacher! I'm so thankful that Dr.Anquist was able to answer all of our questions and take so much time with us.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

My daughter was referred to Dr. Anquist, and she refused to see him, however he was willing to still meet with me. So far he is very approachable and easy to talk to. The staff was very nice, and the appointment was very punctual and I was not left waiting.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2012

I had 2 kids referred to him, he did not do tests, he simply wrote prescription, he appear uninterested about what I had to say and he he did not follow on my children. I change dr. and they were surprised that my son'd vital organs had not been monitored and that a different prescription for my daughter would have been much more effective and it was. Luckily my son did not develop any complication from the medication and was taken off of it. He appeared blaze and did not seem to care. He also wants exorbitant amount of money for forms. I am happy I got up and went elsewhere.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2012

I find Dr Anquist very easy to talk to, and find it comfortable to "complain" about kids to him.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012