Ratings for Dr. Hal B. Levy

I have been seeing Dr. Levy since he started his practice and have always found him to be friendly and warm. I never had children, but I did need a hysterectomy (confirmed by a second opinion) back in the early 1990's which he performed with no problems. I too am sad that he will be retiring soon and also rather surprised at the bad reviews and reports of bad care. Never in my experience with him.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2018

After finding finally some honesty (negativity) regarding this doctor, I decided to finally break my 25 year silence. I was referred to him for an abortion that long ago. When I came to the office, the other couples/girls and I in an already traumatic situation were greeted by a waiting room full of new mothers and their babies. Then I was taken back, given another pregnancy test, and taken to a room where pro-life posters hung and I was left to 'think about [my] choice' for a long time. The nurse then returned and took me to a room that hardly seemed adequate for the procedure and I was told to disrobe from the waist down. Dr. Levy entered and explained the procedure briefly and then began the procedure. The nurse held my hand as I cried, and per my boyfriend, apparently screamed as I was heard by him in the waiting room. Dr. Levy said he 'didnt get it all' and turned on the suction machine a 2nd time. And then a 3rd time as he expressed we 'need to make sure we get it all'. Basically 3 abortions back to back. Did u notice that I had NOT been given any medication, not even a pain killer yet?! Yep, no wonder I was screaming. I was given NOTHING, not even so much as a Tylenol. Then the nurse and Dr. Levy told me to redress and they left the room. They also left most of the surgical instruments and the suction machine with contents uncovered for me to see. When the nurse came back for me, she escorted me to a room for observation before I could leave. Despite having rooms where I could lay down, they sat me in a chair. When the nurse came back to check on me (and my excruciating pain), I was pale and crying. She informed me that I could not leave because I was 'pale and too upset' and left me sitting there again. After she left I mustered up all I could to mentally check out so I could appear calm and dug my nails into my cheeks to draw color to my face. When she returned she said I 'looked better and [I] could go'. Once I got up front to the waiting room and saw the look on my boyfriend's face, I busted out crying again which resulted in the nurse grabbing my arm and trying to pull me into the back area again. I told her where to go and that I was leaving. I was also not told of what to watch for post-abortion which was further traumatizing later on. There was no follow up appointment given. No medication given (an RX for later pick up was given). And I am a type 1 diabetic who is high risk in many regards. It took me a lifetime to overcome this and I also have not been able to carry subsequent children to term. I will never forget this experience nor his name. I was scared and young and nieve back then, otherwise I would have sued him and the clinic he worked for. I hade the odd coincidence of running across him two years ago in passing where he happened to come to where I was working. I remembered him immediately. Do NOT EVER go to this man for care! Ever. Go elsewhere. I've forgiven him in my heart, but after reading some other bad reviews, I felt that it was time to finally break my silence to at least warn others.

Submitted October 12, 2016

I absolutely love Dr Levy. I was referred to his practice after having less than stellar care from another OBGYN. I started leaking fluid at 21 weeks and Dr Levy was the doctor on call that delivered my pre-term baby. We were so happy with the care he gave us, that we saw him when I became pregnant again. He propertly diagnosed me with a incompetant cervix and performed a cerclage procedure at 15 weeks. We received the best care from him and from everyone at Rocky Mountain OBGYN and Rose Medical Center. I am happy to report that I carried full term and have a healthy and beautiful baby. I owe it all to Dr Levy and the care he provided us. He had amazing bedside manner, was very knowledgable about my problems, and often worked late to ensure I was taken care of. I love, love, love this doctor!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2013

My wife saw Dr. Levy in early pregnancy and he diagnosed it as ectopic and advised ending the pregnancy. He was aggressive and dismissed our questions and concerns, despite the fact that we had no real symptoms of an ectopic other than high hCG levels (which turned out to be in the normal range). He cost us hundreds of dollars in emergency room fees and intense anxiety. We questioned the diagnosis based on basic internet research, and sought a 2nd opinion. Our new OB was confused and baffled by his approach. Thank God we didn't follow his advice. We now have 2 healthy twin boys. I cannot recommend Dr. Levy, both because of his incorrect diagnosis in our case and because of his aggressive approach. If we had not questioned him, the results would've been disastrous and lifelong.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2012

I was very unhappy with the treatment I received by this doctor. I also had some unusual symptoms during my pregnancy and - at best - was treated dismissively. At worst, I was told that some of my symptoms were reflective of me in general, yet found (after giving birth and all symptoms resolved) that there are multiple research studies being conducted in several countries on these not uncommon symptoms. It made for a very unpleasant experience and I would never recommend Dr. Levy to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2010

I am 28 years old, never been pregnant, and go to Dr. Levy for my annual exams. He is very helpful and knowledgeable about all of my general health and family planning concerns. I will continue going to Dr. Levy for many years.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2010

Dr Levy was my DR with my first pregnancy, answered all my questions & concerns & was AWESOME. He also delivered my child & I had some complications, he was nothing but professional & fantastic, can't wait to have my second child with him as my doctor!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2010

I am very surprised at the negative comments on this site about Dr Hal Levy. He has been my Dr for over 15 years and he has always been helpful, caring, gentle, and very knowledgeable. If I had a situation that required a call back, it was ALWAYS within the time frame he told me. He is a great Dr!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2009

I too am shocked to see negative reviews of Dr. Levy. He has been my doctor for almost 14 years and delivered two of my three children. I always found him to go above and beyond the call of duty as far as responsiveness, patient care and compassion.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2009

I'm stunned to see the negative reviews about Hal Levy. He has been my OB/GYN for almost 13 years and he is one of the best doctors I've ever had. He helped us through a couple of miscarriages and was incredibly supportive....he would call me at home in the evenings to see how I was doing. He was genuinely thrilled for us when we finally had our son and delivered him even when he was not on call. I have recommended many friends and they have all loved him as much as I do. His staff has never been anything but friendly and helpful. It's very hard to believe what people are saying about this wonderful man! I dread to day he retires and I have to find a new doctor.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2008

Dr. Hal B. Levy's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Levy is a board-certified obstetrician/gynecologist and a fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. He has been in practice for over 20 years. He completed his residency at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, where he also went to medical school. He completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Colorado, Boulder with a degree in biology. He is a native of Denver. He has been recognized by the medical community in 5280's Top Docs for many years. You'd never guess it based on how lean he is, but Dr. Levy could definitely be described as a "foodie".

• University Of Colorado School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

UnitedHealthcare