Ratings for Dr. Steven H. Selman

Not much a bedside manner but my kidney transplant surgery was a total success

flag | Submitted May 4, 2012

I had my first visit with the assistant only to learn Dr. Selman would be off on medical leave for another 3 months. First visit with the doc he spent almost 10 minutes with me. The next couple of visits following that he spent less than 5. His trainees spend most of the time with you. I was to have an outpatient surgery with him. This ran 4 hours late. He allowed a student to perform that, I'm not even sure the doc was there for it. After the surgery I was released to leave. I asked to speak with the doc. They paged him multiple times and finally said he had left for a meeting. The assistant said they found nothing abnormal during the procedure. I got a copy of the report and took it to U of M. The report clearly states a couple of obvious issues, including the fact that the person who performed the procedure was unable to even locate my vas deferens on the right side and that I have diverticulitis. The U of M doc believe I am fertile and have cystic fibrosis, crones disease or both.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2011

Dr. Steven H. Selman's Credentials

• Case Western Reserve Univ Sch Of Med, Cleveland Oh 44106 (Grad. 1974)