Ratings for Dr. Donald Yu

Dr. Yu is such a pleasant man. I had a root canal done by him and although it is never a pleasant experience, him and his fantastic staff at the White Oaks location put me completely at ease.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Dr. Yu is very unprofessional, unethical, and decided to do work on a tooth while I was sedated for work to be performed on a tooth. He took advantage while I was sedated to work on a second tooth just to maximize the $$ he gets. I will never forget the horrible experience I've had with him. I had abscess and he knew that and yet hasn't prescribed antibiotics before I go see him, and when I was there and was hurt when he worked on my tooth he got impatient with me.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

I have nothing but the BEST things to say about Dr. Yu's staff that work with him in the back rooms. However, the front receptionist really needs an Attitude Adjustment! I find her impolite, abrupt rude, and very unfriendly towards Dr. Yu'so patients. She should remind herself that the patients are the ones who bring in her her pay check. A smile and a nicer demeanor would go a very long way to Promote the Clinic'so reputation! Good news Travels Fast.... but Bad News Spreads like a Wildfire! I think she has barked against the wrong tree!!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

I've made appointment for root canal. Maybe Dr.Donald C Yu is a very good doctor but I will never found out because I cancelled my appointment at the same day. The staff are very rude and unprofessional,I wanted to know how much gonna cost me whole treatment because simply I don't want to be unpleasantly surprised with the bill when the root canal treatment is done. I guess it's too hard for them to tell you anything more about your payment,they even won't to try explain to you anything!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Isn't someone who is willing to resolve problems with you. Tends to straight up ignore problems are caused by him and is very unproffesional.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

I had a root canal done by Dr. Yu and everything went very well! He's soft spoken and like others have mentioned, he tells a lot of jokes/makes silly banter while he's freezing you up and starting the first bit of the treatment which definitely helped put me at ease. I don't freeze easily and he made sure to give me more anesthetic when I felt pain I shouldn't have. His assistant is lovely as well, very gentle and kind. I would definitely recommend Dr. Yu for root canals.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

I had my VERY FIRST Root Canal with Dr. Donald Yu yesterday. I am glad my general dentist referred him as he made the experience comfortable for me. He put me at ease by throwing in some funny jokes while operating on me which made me feel calm. His assistant was very educated as well. I find the pricing to be a little extreme.... One tooth cost $1900.00(Thank you Insurance) but in the end, I'd rather feel no pain no matter what the cost. I highly recommend Dr.Yu and his team!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

I usually never write these reviews but I had to today after my visit with Dr. Yu. I went in for a root canal and he made the experience very comfortable and pain free. He is by far the most professional dentist I have ever visited. His rates are also very reasonable and his staff provide you with a comprehensive overview prior to the procedure.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

I had a root canal procedure. From a professional level the procedure was done at the highest level in my opinion. Post-procedure I had residual pain that diminished over a two week period (which is normal) to a healthy state. Be aware you are seeing a Endodontist (specialist) not a Dentist so rates are higher and may be more than insurance will cover if you do not have 100%pay. In my opinion, the rates can be justified for complex procedures (molars) where no amount of money is worth a job done incorrect.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

I had 3 root canal procedures done about 7 years ago, and recently had 3 opinions that they were not done properly and needed to be re-done. I was referred to Dr. Donal Yu. He advised me that I could leave them as it would be a fairly expensive procedure (I do not have dental insurance), however down the way they could access from the bottom. I did decide to follow through and all 3 root canals have been re-done. They were extremely difficult as posts were in the way, and Dr. Yu was very frank in telling me that he wasn't sure if he could get past the posts. His expertise is amazing, I feel so fortunate that he worked in my teeth, and would not hesitate to recommend him. His office staff were very friendly, his assistants very competent and professional, and his office is extremely clean.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2014