Ratings for Dr. Donald Yu

Great dentists - he did gum surgery and did an excellent painless job

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

Felt like I wasn't even there since he talked to his assistant the whole time. When the root canal was done, it hurt like crazy, so I asked if he could adjust the occlusion, but since he put down his instruments, he wasn't willing to go back into my mouth and just said to "wait until you get the filling redone at the general dentist." Let's just say the 3 weeks following the root canal was a terrible experience because I felt pain even when I wasn't biting with that tooth. He pretty much tries to maximize profits from you since the tooth he had to do a root canal could will have to be removed to prevent crowding and allow for future braces. So I basically spent 1500$ on a root canal I didn't need when I should have just extracted that premolar for future braces, but obviously, the professional Dr. Yu thinks "it's not a problem, the crowding isn't THAT bad, just do the root canal." Whereas most other dentists would disagree....

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

I had a very complicated root canal to have done which was so complicated that my regular dentist recommended i see an endodontist for it because of the angle my roots were or something. I went to Dr.Yu because his office does direct billing to insurance companies which was important to me because I couldn't afford $1800 upfront, and everywhere else I called said they didn't do direct billing, that I would have to pay upfront and then get my insurance company to refund me the difference, so very happy they did direct billing. The staff were wonderful - very friendly. The root canal procedure itself went very well. Dr. Yu knew I was scared, since it was my first root canal, so he explained to me what he was doing at every step of the procedure so that I would know what to expect, even though I couldn't feel it. He made sure that I had the proper amount of freezing before starting, so I didn't feel anything at all during the procedure. He was very pleasant and entertaining during the procedure as well, telling funny stories and jokes. Very very nice man, and he knows what he's doing. If you are nervous, just let him know. I went to his downtown office where his brother also works as a dentist. Apparently he also has an office on the south side. I have 2 root canals that have to be done presently...my regular dentist went ahead and did 1 root canal last week and I felt everything and have never been in so much pain in my life!! I really really wish I had refused the root canal from my dentist and went to Dr. Yu. There is no way anyone is doing anymore root canals on me except for Dr. Yu. He knows what he's doing, he has been an endodontist since, I think 1979 (I forget the actual year, but I remember we were joking about the fact that he's been a dentist for about as long as i've been alive, so at least 38 years -- makes me feel a lot better knowing that he has all that experience under his belt too). I really wouldn't recommend anyone else for a root canal, he is excellent. Great sense of humor, very friendly, very empathetic, just all around nice man. He has excellent staff too.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2017

Dr. Yu is such a pleasant man. I had a root canal done by him and although it is never a pleasant experience, him and his fantastic staff at the White Oaks location put me completely at ease.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Dr. Yu is very unprofessional, unethical, and decided to do work on a tooth while I was sedated for work to be performed on a tooth. He took advantage while I was sedated to work on a second tooth just to maximize the $$ he gets. I will never forget the horrible experience I've had with him. I had abscess and he knew that and yet hasn't prescribed antibiotics before I go see him, and when I was there and was hurt when he worked on my tooth he got impatient with me.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

I have nothing but the BEST things to say about Dr. Yu's staff that work with him in the back rooms. However, the front receptionist really needs an Attitude Adjustment! I find her impolite, abrupt rude, and very unfriendly towards Dr. Yu'so patients. She should remind herself that the patients are the ones who bring in her her pay check. A smile and a nicer demeanor would go a very long way to Promote the Clinic'so reputation! Good news Travels Fast.... but Bad News Spreads like a Wildfire! I think she has barked against the wrong tree!!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

I've made appointment for root canal. Maybe Dr.Donald C Yu is a very good doctor but I will never found out because I cancelled my appointment at the same day. The staff are very rude and unprofessional,I wanted to know how much gonna cost me whole treatment because simply I don't want to be unpleasantly surprised with the bill when the root canal treatment is done. I guess it's too hard for them to tell you anything more about your payment,they even won't to try explain to you anything!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Isn't someone who is willing to resolve problems with you. Tends to straight up ignore problems are caused by him and is very unproffesional.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

I had a root canal done by Dr. Yu and everything went very well! He's soft spoken and like others have mentioned, he tells a lot of jokes/makes silly banter while he's freezing you up and starting the first bit of the treatment which definitely helped put me at ease. I don't freeze easily and he made sure to give me more anesthetic when I felt pain I shouldn't have. His assistant is lovely as well, very gentle and kind. I would definitely recommend Dr. Yu for root canals.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

I had my VERY FIRST Root Canal with Dr. Donald Yu yesterday. I am glad my general dentist referred him as he made the experience comfortable for me. He put me at ease by throwing in some funny jokes while operating on me which made me feel calm. His assistant was very educated as well. I find the pricing to be a little extreme.... One tooth cost $1900.00(Thank you Insurance) but in the end, I'd rather feel no pain no matter what the cost. I highly recommend Dr.Yu and his team!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016