Ratings for Dr. Andrew M. Camerota

Dr. Camerota did laparoscopic surgery on me to remove my gallbladder. It took a while to schedule because he wanted to be sure I had no active stones passing (I had to go to a gastroenterologist and have an MRI performed first), and I appreciate that bit of caution rather than have an overly complicated and possibly dangerous surgery. Though the laparoscopic procedure was supposed to be outpatient, an enlarged bile duct made the procedure a bit tricky and prompted Dr. Camerota to admit me into the hospital for the night to keep tabs on my recovery. Again, I appreciate that caution. RWJ Hospital was fantastic, and recovery has been smooth and easy. Two weeks since the surgery and I've had no problems so far, the four small scars are almost gone, and no pain. Let's hope it stays that way! So, bottom line: Could things have moved more quickly? Probably. Could the doc's bedside manner be better? Sure, he's not very warm and fuzzy. But did he solve my problem and do a good job? Yes, and that's the most important thing.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

Dr. Camerota removed my GALLBLADER on January 5th. He did a splendid job as the surgery was a bit complicated. He devised a way to do it with the LAPAROSCOPIC Method and therefore prevented a full open-me-up procedure. He was very kind, competent and professional in his work and am thankful I selected him to do the surgery. THANK YOU DR. CAMEROTA!!!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2018

Dr. Camerota repaired my hernia laparoscopically three weeks ago. From day one I was up and about and walking. There was no pain and only minimal discomfort. I am 66 years old and very active and back to all my usual activities and sports. His staffs in the office and hospital are knowledgeable and friendly and treated me with respect. I highly recommend Dr. Camerota if you are in need of surgery.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

Dr. Camerota removed my gallbladder last week. I'm feeling much better than I ever thought. Small incisions that only have minor pain. He answered all my questions without hesitation. Office staff was friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

Very competent. Did an arthroscopic abdominal hernia repair and left the tiniest cuts imaginable that healed with no scar.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2007

Dr. Andrew M. Camerota's Credentials

• Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 19107 (Grad. 1985)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Somerset, NJ