Ratings for Dr. Jessica R. Jacob

STAY AWAY. She might be a very knowledgeable practitioner, but so are lots of other docs. She's rude, cold and completely lacks compassion. I went to her because my insurance was changed halfway through my pregnancy, and I had no choice but to switch doctors. On my way to the hospital,,while in labor, I called and tried to speak to her, but had to pause several times because of contractions. She actually yelled at me that I'm being incoherent! Then she was annoyed with me in the labor and delivery room because she felt I wasn't ready to be there and should go home (meanwhile I was in so much pain from contractions that I couldn't even speak). She pulled the nurse side to tell her to tell me to go walk around the hospital because she didn't think I was anywhere near giving birth, and the whole time I'm telling her I feel an overwhelming urge to push. She then proceeds to tell me NOT TO PUSH because she didn't think I was ready. Well, one push later and the baby was out. Just a horrible awful experience overall, giving birth should be a wonderful experience, instead I was stressed out the entire time by this lady.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

She examines quickly, but is there for you 24/7 day or night.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2017

Dr. Jacob is by far the most knowledgeable, honest, trustworthy doctor I have ever come in contact with. I switched OBs very late in my pregnancy hopeful for a V bac, and Dr. Jacob gave me just that. I had the most wonderful birthing experience, and it is all thanks to Dr. Jacob. Granted, The office is always insanely busy but that is because she is that good and everyone will wait for her. But when it comes down to it, she is the one that is there on your birthing day. I swear this woman does not sleep she is constantly working and truly loves what she does.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

I gained extra weight during my pregnancy. Dr. Jacob called me "too fat". Totally inappropriate and rude to call names. This woman does not watch her language and feels she can say anything she wants. Visits with her are under 5 minutes - she is too busy to answer questions. Never again.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

Dr. Jacobs and her office is great... excellent experience, baby was a breech presentation, came 1 month early, Dr. Jacobs did emergency C-Section, everything was perfect, her PA is also excellent and so is the office. This is our 2nd, if there is a 3rd, Dr. Jacobs will deliver ... thanks

flag | Submitted May 14, 2017

I was told the doctor does not go on vacations and takes lots of patients. When I went into Labor, Dr. Jacob had a resident take care of me because she was busy. She did not send any other doctor to fill in for her and while other people were attended by doctors, I was attended by a resident who I never met. As I found out, doctors who take care of too many patients, may not have time for you when you need it the most.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

excellent doctor. she really cares about her patients. she is quick and efficient. have questions prepared beforehand. she will answer you.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

Dr. Jessica Jacob missed my ovarian cyst. I reported a number of issues including Emergency room visits, but she did not listen and tried to leave as quickly as possible. I would have been in a real trouble if I did not go to another doctor to get properly evaluated and treated for my condition.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2016

I had a terrible experience at this office. I waited endlessly. After being called in and going over my past history they left me standing there waiting for a room to go into. I stood there reading patients charts that are left out in the open for anyone to see. Then the very sloppily dressed Dr came out of a room and started screaming at her staff for the entire waiting room to hear, I was so embarassed , I almost left then but decided I've already invested so much time waiting. Well, I shouldve left, the Dr was as rude to me as she was to her staff. It's still hard to believe that I actualky paid for such horrible treatment. Stay away from this one!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

Though my experience with Dr. Jacobs was a while ago, I was recently reminded of my ordeal and based on these reviews it doesn't seem as though things have gotten much better. She was my dr at a time when I was having a problem with chronic UTI's. When I had yet another one I asked her for a different medication and the one she kept prescribing never fully got rid of the infection, she refused and told me to take it and drink cranberry juice. Two nights later I woke up with vomiting chills and intense pain. When I called her emergency line, she did answer but clearly had no idea who I was (she is so overwhelmed with patients I was not surprised). Her response was "give me the pharmacy number, I'll call in a different antibiotic"- I repeated that I had a fever and was unable to move. She said oh, you have a fever? Go to the emergency room. Which I did, was treated for two days with a kidney infection, and I never heard from her again- zero follow up. Needless to say I never went back to her and got a different Doctor, but I cannot believe she is still running her practice alone with the gross overage of patients that she treats. It really isn't right, at some point she needs to stop taking patients and try to get a better handle on who she is currently treating.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2015

Dr. Jessica R. Jacob's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

Top Urgent Care Centers in New Hyde Park, NY