Ratings for Dr. Yulonda B. Watkins

I came in for strep throat and left on a weight management plan unprompted by me. She was cold and informed me that I was grossly obese and need to "have more respect for myself". She was rude, abrupt, and had zero bedside manner. I happen to have many years working in a hospital with doctors, nurses and social workers and this was by far the worst behavior exhibited by a health care professional in all of my years. Although she is preventive medicine, I was seeing her for strep throat and an ear infection so I was confused when her major concern was my weight. She also lifted my shirt to listen to my heart without my consent. I waited almost 45 minutes in the examination room, she was unapologetic about the wait. It is my hope that she was having a bad day and her other patients don't leave her office feelings this way. Her behavior reminded me of a bully in middle school. Instead of educating me on her concerns and letting me make a decision, she decided what I should do.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2011

Dr. Yulonda B. Watkins's Credentials

• Univ Of Ar Coll Of Med, Little Rock Ar 72205 (Grad. 1983)