Ratings for Dr. Dhaval N. Thakkar

He has been my doctor for years. While he is knowledgeable, he gets impatient quickly if you disagree with him, and seems offended if you want to see a specialist. I used to feel like he had time to listen to me, but in the last couple of years he is rushed every time I see him. I blame the clinic for overbooking him. During my last visit I waited an hour and a half to see him, and by the time he came in he was completely rushed, and brusque with me. To make matters worse, one of his nurses was extremely rude. I'm sorry to say I won't be going back to see him.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

Dr. Thakkar has been my primary care doctor for many years. He did miss something a few years back that sent me to the ER in the middle of the night--would not refill my asthma corticosteroid until I saw him for an appointment, and that appointment was a month away. I became very I'll and my breathing nearly stopped. Now, years later, I experienced serious respiratory problems while visiting a relative out of state. I went by ambulance to the ER after collapsing, with low oxygen level and unable to stand. I called twice in the following days for his advice and for him to consult with the walk-in clinic I visited for follow-up care. Nothing. Not only did he not return the doctor's phone call, he did not return my phone call or have anyone call me back. This, after repeatedly insisting, in a very reassuring manner, that I call him if I experienced another episode like the first. I am sorry to say that I no longer feel confident that Dr, Thakkar will help to keep me alive and breathing. And I am 50. Even if I were geriatric this would be very concerning. But I am 50 and might not have my life ahead of me if I continue seeing Dr Thakkar for my healthcare. I am sorry, Dr. Thakkar.

Submitted July 20, 2015

I go with my father to Dr. Thakkar when I became concerned about his memory and things that were happening. He has been diagnosed with early Alzheimers. Dr. Thakkar referred him to neurologist for consult who agreed with diagnosis... He has never been anything but respectful, friendly and understanding and has taken time to talk with me without my dad there... He is a very caring and knowledgable doctor that gets other's opinions to support his and listens completely to my (and my families) input about what is going on with my dad... my dad seems to like him also and is always joking around with him... I would recommend Dr. Thakkar very highly...

flag | Submitted November 3, 2012

I have been going to Dr. Thakkar for a few years and felt I was getting good care. But then I went to get a second opinion because he couldn't find what was causing my symptoms. That made him angry and he was sure to express that. I won't be going back. A doctor's priority should be to help his patient feel better, but I left feeling worse.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2010

Never again. Yes, his bedside manner is wonderful as long as you hang on his every word and follow his every bit of advice without question. The minute you question or turn down a prescription, you are forever after treated rudely, abruptly, and your every concern dismissed or minimized.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2009

Absolutely wonderful doctor. Sincerely cares about his patients. Always concerned, compassionate, patient, and listens. He thinks outside the box. Not only do other patients recommend him, but other doctors do as well.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2008

His patient's are his #1 priority. Outstanding bedside manner. Listens and addresses concerns and explains everything in terms you can understand. The best of the best for sure!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2007

Very caring,knowladgable,compasenate. He loves his job.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2007

My experience with this doctor was not positive. While he seems knowledgeable enough, he was not friendly or helpful. For my diagnosis, he choose to do nothing and wait for another possible attack, offering me no other options to explain my pain and discomfort. After seeing 3 other doctors who disagreed with his treatment "plan," I have concluded I will not seek his care again.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2006

Very knowledgeable and helpful; willing to explain things on YOUR level

flag | Submitted October 8, 2006

Dr. Dhaval N. Thakkar's Credentials

• Bj Med Coll, Gujarat Univ, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India (Grad. 1991)

Top Hospitals in Sycamore, IL