Ratings for Dr. John K.B. Afshar

Dr. Afshar made me pain free and took all the time necessary to show me my MRI and explain the procedure. Post op was excellent. Professional and helpful staff made the hospital experience effortless.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

My first experience with Dr Afshar was for a lumbar laminectomy because if pain and weakness while walking. He did the laminectomy and had to cut a cyst out that rapped around the nerves in the spinal column, which was very difficult and tricky to do thank God I had such a good neurosurgeon. That was in 2007 and he told me at that time that I have severe. Degenerative disc disease from arthritis and aging. He said I would be back for many surgeries, but his theory with back surgery is less is better. In other words you only do what absolutely has to be done for you to function. In October 2012, I was having trouble with back again so I was referred to him again. When I saw I told him I had neck pai too. He did test on my neck and asked if I dropped things with my right hand frequently. And I did. He said I needed a three level cercival fusion with bone grafting and a cage. I also had numbness in the hand and arm. All caused by the degeneration of my neck vertebrae pinching nerves. He said I would loose the use of my right arm and hand eventually. He said I needed my lumbar area in my back fused also, but the neck needed to be done first. Well I had the neck fused with bone grafting done in October 2012 and the back fused in April 2013. I have full use of my right arm and hand and no more numbness. In January of 2016, I needed the level above my neck fusion fused and they also removed the cage from the first surgery. I am very thankful to have a surgeon who is so knowledgeable at what he does and is also is a kind caring human being. To me he is the best.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

This doctor is a horrible human being matched only by the in his practice. I was admitted to Martin Memorial for what I learned was a herniated disc in my cervical spine. I was discharged and referred to the back and spine center. I left several messages and when I finally spoke to somebody they told me they wouldn't see me and referred to the Dr who did my lumber surgery 9 years ago. I told them I was in too much pain to make the long drive but they refused to even make an appointment for me

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

the first four comments were written by the same person, perhaps someone on the rude staff that I've been warned about

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

Dr Afshar is a terrific doctor. I was so scared about having surgery but Dr Afshar sat with me for 45 minutes and explained the entire procedure until I was comfortable. He and his staff were there for me through the entire surgery and afterwards until I returned to work. I think he is the best! I would recommend him to anyone who needs surgery.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2015

He is so caring. He tells all the good and bad. Explains how it will help you or what will happen if you don't. He did surgery on me one year ago. He said if I did not do surgery I would be paralized from neck down. Surgery done and I can walk. Thank you dr Afshar.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

Dr Afshar really cares about his patients! Very helpful, my spinal cord was cut half way thru an I had lost use of both legs, an after emergency surgery I have one leg back. He knew I was scared an promised me he would take care of me like I was his daughter! Very professional, very caring! You are not just another paycheck, he really wants you to be okay! Love this Dr! He has went over an beyond call of duty with helping with paperwork an has even called me back at 7pm if I had problem! Wish there were more Dr out there like him!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2012

An outstanding doctor. I owe him my respect. His staff is prompt and helpful

flag | Submitted February 28, 2011

Dr Afshar is a wonderful doctor and surgeon. He has had to operate twice to remove a pituatary brain tumor. He has always treated me with respect and compation. After my 1st surgery he had to leave town but still took the time to call the ICU to make sure I was doing alright. I would highly recommend him. He is the BEST!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2010

First visit with Dr. Afshar this month. Not so good news, need surgery, but he made the bad news sound not so bad. He gave me all options good and bad, was very knowledable and truthful about various options. Dr. A has recommended several steps to prepare for surgery. This impressed me and shows me that he truly cares about the health of his patients. I am looking forward to the future interactions with him and his staff. DP

flag | Submitted August 2, 2008

Dr. John K.B. Afshar's Credentials

• Georgetown Univ Sch Of Med, Washington Dc 20007 (Grad. 1987)

Top Hospitals in Stuart, FL