Ratings for Dr. David R. Wyndhamsmith

I had 3 Crowns done in 2007. Since then the following happened 6 root canals (3 with a new Dentist). 1 extraction with Dr. Kim (partner). I have had constant infections, pain and swelling. This dentist is the worst, both as professional & a person. I was under the care of another dentist in the practice for periodontal work, I wish I had changed dentist back in 2007 and not in 2009. I know I am not done with dental work or expense on the remaining 2 crowns.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2014

Went in for a routine exam, with no sensitivity in any teeth. Left with diagnosis that 2 crowns and 3 fillings were needed.Asst dropped the temporary on the floor, and if I had not heard the tooth drop, I am certain she would have put it in my mouth. Advised doctor about this, he did not care. Two weeks of a temporary. After permanent crown was put in, assistant broke a piece of dental floss in the tooth and insisted everything would be okay. The tooth caused massive pain throughout the week, but doctor was unavailable. Had to page doctor on the weekend; he was unavailable. Another doctor had to prescribe pain meds over the weekend until I saw Wyndhamsmith on Monday. (Oh, and no suction equipment used to prevent blood/bacteria from dripping down my throat - I had allergies/sinusits at the time. This resulted in a massive throat infection). Permanent had to be crushed out, process repeated, and I am still in pain as I write this. HORRIBLE BEDSIDE MANNER. NEVER GO HERE!!!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2010

I went to his Valencia Office, but wanted to post another review. They insisted things that my insurance covered were not covered and I must pay hundreds more than my insurance said I should be paying. After offering to send a copy of my ins paperwork to the Wyndhamsmith's office I was told, "You should find a new dentist because it is obvious you don't trust your dentist office as much as you trust some person on the phone at the insurance company." I wish I was exaggerating, but I'm not. That is what I was told. When I called my ins again to let them know I was now going to need a new dentist and why my kind insurance rep herself called the dental office. I'm sure it won't shock the reader to discover the Wyndhamsmith's office suddenly changed their tune and said services were covered. Now of course I do not want to go back there to get the work done, and I am stuck paying for the x-rays I had taken. I am writing a letter to the bbb as well.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2009

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. I wish I had read the reviews before going to see this dentist. Dr. Wyndhamsmith does not care about getting good results for his patients. He sent me to get two root canals. The two crowns were cemented and adjusted by his assistant. Both were too high. Not even two years later, both root canals and crowns had to be redone because of cracks and pain. The only thing this office is good at is collecting their payments. Even his bed side manners were poor.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2009

Wyndhamsmith prescribed a crown for me and 2 for my partner. A 2nd opinion form USC Faculty Oral Health Center was that neither of us needed any crowns. He also turns over much of his work to assistants; one who installed a new dented front tooth. The office wait is usually no less than an hour and the staff is rarely even civil. So if you want no waiting, attention, concern and a nice staff go to USC Faculty Oral Health Center, otherwise go to Wyndhamsmith in Pasadena CA.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2008

THE WORST DENTIST EVER!1-2 hr wait in office. They do terrible work.He is rude, has inexcusable chair side manners.My crowns are too big & messed up my "bite". His asst. used the same gloves to talk on her cell & put instruments into the sterilizer machine then came back to work on me, all the while he is screaming at the top of his lungs to staff while I was in the chair. Had 5 root canals & crowns by them. All had to be redone w/in a 2 year peroid or shorter. Broke off part of root canal tool in tooth(by his associate)& didnt tell me. Caused 5 mos. of pain, surgery to retreive and months of antibiotics to treat the infections.They do not care about you and if you value your health, the health of your loved ones & friends, DO NOT USE THIS DENTIST...not to mention your bank account. I have racked up $6K in insurance/out of pocket costs to fix the messes they made, just in the last 9 months.NEVER USE THIS DENTIST! WHY HE IS STILL IN BUSINESS...THIS IS INEXCUSEABLE & HORRIFYING!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2008

I brushes/flosses after every meal & pride myself for taking xltn care of my teeth. I went to Wyndhamsmith as a new patient w/NO existing complaints just for a cleaning & ended up w/ THOUSANDS of dollars in work from crowns to root canals I didn’t need! I was overcharged above & beyond Delta's contracted prices. I overlooked the rudeness of Wyndhamsmith & staff at every visit that began w/a 1 HOUR WAIT. Two of the crowns & root canals caused so much pain that for 3 months I lived on 800mg of Motrin every 3-4 hours. With all the pain I was in, I was hesitant to allow more crowns he said I still needed! At my last visit after the customary 1 hour wait I had enough of the insanity: nasty attitude, being over charged AGAIN & the ENDLESS the PAIN. When I asked for my x-rays & refund on the moneys collected from me in advance for work not done yet, I had to deal w/ Wyndhamsmith's wife/office manager's rude behavior that mirrored the rest. In the end, THEY KEPT MY MONEY & I kept my PAIN!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2007

Terrible experience all around. The wait time is the least of the problems, averaging 45 minutes. From the very first visit, I was told I needed 3 crowns. They did 2 already and very, very poorly. I've been going back over the past 2 months trying to have them fixed. Now I'm told I need root canals on both teeth instead and I may or may not have to pay for new crowns once the root canals are done. The dentist and staff are not attentive at all and treat patients like an assembly line that is making them money. I will NOT continue with this dentist and I DO NOT recommed him to anyone else, no matter what your insurace covers with his office. It's not worth all the pain and hassle. Besides, you end up paying much more in the long run.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2006

I was having a root canal on a wisdom tooth and am admittedly fearful of dental work. However, this man told me to stop being stupid and that my fears were ridiculous. I was not allowed to wear/use my earbuds/walkman despite being told I would be able to by the nurses. He did not finish the procedure, telling me he 'did not have time for my foolishness' and had me reschedule for the next day to have the temporary crown put on.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2006

THE NURSES ARE NOT VERY PRIVATE AND VERY UNHELPFUL AND THE DOCOTRS ARE NO BETTER. OUT FOR THE MONEY

flag | Submitted May 9, 2006

Dr. David R. Wyndhamsmith's Credentials

• Univ Of Southern Ca Sch Of Med, Los Angeles Ca 90033 (Grad. 1990)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Pasadena, CA