Ratings for Dr. Gary M. Horbar

Dr. Horbar has been my internist for over 15 years. He is very knowledgeable and concerned about his patients. He is an excellent diagnostician. As a doctor who is highly respected and well known by other doctors he is able to get a patient into see the top specialists in NYC on short notice, no matter which hospital the specialist is affiliated with. I would highly recommend Dr. Horbar. The only drawback is that I believe that his administrative support team is understaffed. At times this could lead to situations where you may have to request things more than once. However the staff is courteous and does their best to help.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2015

flag | Submitted August 16, 2014

Dr. Horbar tries to deal with preventive issues. He does not seem as attentive to issues of acute illness. He would be acceptable, but his staff is horrendous. They are rude and unhelpful. They sit in an area off of the waiting room that is open and speak about patients' lab and imaging results openly while calling labs or radiology groups, or scheduling other referrals. We actually heard a staff member reveal the name of a patient with "an abnormal brain scan", with the actual name, which was private information that we should never have heard. I really wanted to like this doctor, but cannot recommend his office. He knows of these problems, but chooses not to change the structure of his office.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2014

Dr. Horbar is always kind, knowledgable. Never have to wait for an unreasonable time. Have happily referred others to him.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2013

Dr. Horbar has always be very professional and able to take care of my medical needs. He has a great "bedside manner" and if you need to understand anything to do with your medical treatment he explains things in a way you can understand .

flag | Submitted September 11, 2012

I consider Dr. horbar to be an excellent internist. He is thorough, knowledgeable, friendly, explains problems, answers your questions whether about tests or your inquiries. Both my husband (now deceased) and I have been his patients for many years and I recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2012

Gives you as much time as needed. Excellent doctor who treats each patient personally and as a friend

flag | Submitted May 20, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Horbar for many years. Since he doesn't take my insurance people ask me why I don't find another internist; very simply, because Dr. Horbar has saved my life 3 times due to his diligence and caring. He also became my parents physician, when they moved into the city. He oversaw their care and made sure he was in contact with all their other doctors, i.e.: cardiologist, pulmanologist, etc... I was always able to reach him, day or night if there was an emergency. He is a caring and wonderful man and doctor.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2011

Dr. Horbar is an excellent internist including knowledge outside his expertise. He is comforting with a great sense of humor, but gets across what is important to the patient, but not in an alarmist way. My husband and I have been his patients for many years and will continue to be for many more. Aside from being an excellent physician, his friendliness and comforting ways are extrenely helpful even when I'm under great stress.In addition, my husband has a heart condition & Dr. Horbar and his cardiologist confer & keep each othr informed whether it's medications or any other possible problem. I heartily recommend him and already have to friends.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2010

One of the best-I've seen Dr Horbar for 15 years now. Terrific MD, great demeanor, smart, nice, and really helpful when explaining things. He takes the time to have a dialogue rather than talk at you, and that's appreciated. I absolutely recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2009

Dr. Gary M. Horbar's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1976)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal