Dr. Tom J. Pousti

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Tom J. Pousti

Dr. Pousti Review At 55 I had maintained an 80 pound weight loss for three years. After 36 yrs. as a married woman I was divorced, single, and I despaired when I saw myself in the mirror naked. I wanted to get a breast lift and the sagging skin on my arms removed. On Facebook I posted a message on my wall and in a local group asking for recommendations or warnings regarding plastic surgeons. Yes, I received quite a response from friends and strangers, publically and on private messages. Dr. Pousti’s name came up again and again with glowing accolades. I began to interview doctors and I was hoping to find one locally, but after my daughter and I met with Dr. Pousti our choice had been made. My daughter asked: Are you a board certified surgeon? Yes. Do you have hospital privileges? Yes. He said he was focused and my daughter warned me of some doctor's that are highly publicized but are juggling many obligations and have high reports of patients with complications. And lastly Dr. Pousti’s prices were competitive and so I choose him. Today I am six weeks out and I am confident that I made the right choice. I couldn't be happier with the outcome. A review without mentioning his AMAZING staff wouldn't be complete. The level of patient care, friendly... and dare I say “loving” attention given to me cannot be overstated. My sister came from Baltimore and she said, “ I want to come back and have Dr. Pousti as my doctor .” I am very grateful today and I can wear bralettes, sleeveless dresses and camisoles. The inner confidence gives me the freedom to do activities and volunteer without being focused on me. Being “other focused” brings a level of joy that can't be experienced any other way.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2017

Dr. Pousti is truly amazing. At age 14, my bra size was a 34 DDD. I was 5'8" and weighed 118 lbs. While these measurements sound attractive, I never felt confident in my body due to my breast size. I was top heavy, in pain, and my clothes never fit right, which created a big self-esteem issue for many years. Fast forward to age 44, after nursing two beautiful girls, my breast size remained the same, however they became very saggy, so much to the point that it hid my upper stomach. I was referred to Dr. Poust by a friend of a friend after extensive interviewing of two other prominent doctors in the field. At my first consultation in September 2016, I knew immediately Dr. Pousti was the one who would perform my surgery. My initial consultation was outstanding. Dr. Pousti met with me and walked me through the breast reduction process and answered all of my questions. I was provided with all of his photo albums and testimonials (which left such an impression on me). His staff was amazing and so genuine. I was also able to meet and talk to his current patients, which was a pivotal point for me that lead to my decision to move forward because I was able to ask the direct questions about the surgery and get immediate answers from his patients. Before my surgery, as the nurses prepped me, another lasting impression was during the mark up period. Dr. Pousti stopped and looked in my eyes and asked, "What are your fears right now?" i admitted to being afraid of being put under anesthesia. He assured me I would be okay. He looked at my husband and said, "I promise to take good care of her." After my surgery, at my post operative appointment, I cried tears of joy to Dr. Pousti. My breasts are symmetrically perfect and the size is perfect. I am now a full 34 B and I can wear strapless bras and cute little bralettes! He literally exceeded my expectations. I am so happy I made the decision to allow Dr. Pousti to change my life.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

I can't begin to say enough good things about Dr. Pousti and his staff. I had my consultation in December 2016 and surgery was done January 2017. I was nervous about the whole thing. During my consultation I given the opportunity to speak with several patients at various stages of their breast augmentation, from one who was 10 days post op to another who was 8 years post op. I personally found this to be very helpful since it gave me the chance to speak to individuals first hand and see the results of their surgery. Dr. Pousti bedside manner is fantastic. I was extremely nervous about going into the consultation however by the time I walked out of the office that afternoon I was at complete ease with the endeavor I was about to embark on. The whole consultation was about what I wanted and expected and not what Dr. Pousti wanted. I knew when I walked out of Dr. Pousti's office I wanted him to perform my breast augmentation. Neither Dr. Pousti or his staff ever made me feel pressured at any point. At no point leading up to my surgery day did I doubt the decisions I had made or feel nervous in anyway. The day of surgery from the time Dr. Pousti came in to see me until the time I was anesthetized did Dr. Pousti leave my side. He literally held my hand from the pre op room until I feel asleep. I had zero complications during/after surgery. I am 13 days post op and feel great. I received a phone call everyday the first 10 days post op to check on how I was doing and if I had any questions. Down the road I would like to have tummy tuck done (the only reason I did not do it now is because I was not ready for the recovery period of a tummy tuck) and the only doctor I trust in doing it is Dr. Pousti. I am beyond thrilled with the outcome of my surgery! Again I can't begin to put into words how professional and comforting Dr. Pousti and his whole staff from the ladies in the office to those at the surgery center have been!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

I recently had my earlobes repaired by Dr. Pousti, after having them pierced and stretched to a large diameter over years. the procedure was very easy process and completely painless an d I am very please with the final results. I also enjoyed the care and how professional pousti and his team are. I had a great experience I would recommend him to anyone who is interested in finding a surgeon

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

I had a trouble-free and amazing experience with Dr Pousti and his team with my breast augmentation. Early this year, I began scheduling assessments again with three different surgeons. Dr Tom Pousti was the first one. As background, I have been in pharmaceutical research for many years and I have worked with numerous physicians and observed teams of people in many countries, so I know a good team when I see one. When I went to Dr Pousti’s office, the vibe in the office was very lively and positive. If I had to choose one word to describe how I felt it would be “respected”. I felt that what I had to say mattered AND was understood. I saw Dr Pousti, and not only sensed respect but kindness and a desire to make me happy. Dr P is very low key and soft spoken but knowledgeable, confident and direct. After I left with a positive feeling, I went home to think about it and decided to cancel my other two consultations and choose Dr Pousti. This was a great decision. My experience from start to finish was wonderful, positive and enjoyable. Dr Pousti likes patients to use pictures of other people as a guide to the desire outcome. I said, “If my results are in the ballpark of the pictures, I will be happy.” Well, Dr Pousti hit it out of the park for me. I am thrilled with the result. The surgery was uneventful, the recovery was a breeze and every visit to the office has been enjoyable with such a great team of people there. Surgery can be a scary event and I felt comfortable and confident. Positive comments from friends and family, and myself regarding my results confirm I made a good choice. Thank you Dr Pousti and the Pousti Team!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2016

I am a 30 year old mother of two, wife, and business owner. I have always dreamed that once I hit 30, I would get my breast done. I had 5 of my friends recommend Dr. Pousti to me. I scheduled my appointment for my consultation. I arrived nervous due to my expectations being so high and wanting to ensure they were going to be perfect. During my consultation, all the women working there were amazing. They literally made all my fears and anxiety go away with their smiling faces and supreme confidence that I would get the look I wanted. I spent the majority of my time with Vanessa and Heath. They were amazing. They took the time to walk me though the entire process: choosing a certain look (natural, "keep people guessing" or it doesn't matter if they look fake"). I have waited so long for this, I didn't care if anyone knew :) I brought in pictures of what my ideal look would be. They also showed me tons of implants. You can choose between silicone or saline, and they all vary in sizes so you can get the size you desire. They also have a Vector machine that you can stand in front of. This machine allows for you to see in real life spectrum of what you would look like with the size you choose. They took the time to explain to me what all was recommended. I ended up needing a Stage 3 lift and Breast Augmentation. After my consultation, I immediately booked my surgery for three weeks out. I paid for my surgery at the same visit, and they squeezed me in for my pre-op appointment while I was already there (since surgery wasn't far away, and it is hard for me to close my work without two weeks notice). They gave me all my pre-op instructions: gets medicine prescriptions filled, buy a certain body wash for the day before surgery, papers to take for anesthesia for the day of surgery, and a FAQ paper. My husband wasn't able to attend the consultation due to last minute work, but after I showed him everything and told him everything, he was certain that I chose the right doctor to do my surgery. The day of surgery was anxiety ridden for me. I have never had any type of surgery before. I checked in and we started prepping. I was so excited to see Heather there. She was one of the wonderful ladies that works in Dr. Pousti's office. It was really nice to see a familiar face. They provided me with a gown, compression socks, non-slip socks, and a hair net. They started an IV and hooked my gown up to a heater in case I got cold. It was so cool. I have never seen anything like that before. My husband then went into the waiting room for my surgery to begin. They told me prior to entering the room that it will be cold due to it being an OR and to keep it sanitary. I was put on the table and the mask went on. I took a few breathes and woke up in recovery. I literally have no recollection of the surgery. I had a drainage tube inserted into each breast. They told my husband all my post-op instructions since he was going to be the one taking care of me post-op. I went back for a post-op visit two days later. That's when I got to see my breast for the first time. Man, it was scary. I didn't research how my nipples would look just a few days after surgery. Everything was good and on my third day, was able to do my moderate makeup and walk around the grocery store with my husband. One week after surgery, I had my tubes removed and got to see my breast again. It wasn't painful at all. They then wrapped me back up in what I call a "granny bra". Yesterday was 3 weeks post-op. I am sooooo happy with how they turned out and as equally as happy with my choice of choosing Dr. Pousti to be my surgeon.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

Are you looking for a conscientious knowledgeable skilled doctor who takes good care of his patients? Then look no further than Dr. Pousti! Many of his reviews are very detailed so I'll make this brief. My wife had been thinking about a tummy tuck for years but was nervous about going through with such an extensive surgery. I'm a physician myself so I already had a set of criteria that I wanted my wife's surgeon to meet. I accompanied her to several consultations with other plastic surgeons. None of them even came close to what we were looking for. We were about ready to forget the whole deal when we decided to go to one more plastic surgeon - Dr. Pousti. Boy, were we glad we did!!! We left his office feeling that he was the surgeon for her - one who had the expertise in the operating room and the desire to really take care of my wife postoperatively. Our feelings were justified because the surgery went smoothly, was without complication, and ended up having the cosmetic result my wife wanted. There were some rough times dealing with the pain and muscle spasms, but Dr. Pousti worked with us and got us through it all. His office staff also worked well with us and were thorough, pleasant, and caring. My wife and I can't thank Dr. Pousti and his office staff enough for making this experience all we hoped for and more!! Thanks again, Dr. Pousti and staff!!!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2016

I went to see Dr Pousti to see if it was time to re-do the Breast Augmentation he had done several years prior. He recommended against re-doing them as they still look amazing! This consult speaks for itself: Dr Pousti is honest, ethical, and professional and his surgical work looks beautiful, even after many many years. Highly Recommend Dr Pousti.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

Dr. Pousti is one of the best plastic surgeons in his field with respect to tummy tuck procedures. I wish that I had gone to Dr. Pousti the first time as I made the mistake of going to a different plastic surgeon in December 2014 to perform my tummy tuck. I chose to have a tummy tuck after two (2) pregnancies left me with excessive loose skin and stretched abdominal muscles. However I naïvely believed that a plastic surgeon could skillfully perform any plastic surgery procedure. The truth is that plastic surgeons develop a specialty over time just as any doctor. I felt devastated and heartbroken when I saw the final results of my initial tummy tuck. Afterwards, I had consultations with three (3) highly-esteemed plastic surgeons located in Beverly Hills, Newport Beach and San Diego (Dr. Pousti). Each surgeon stated that the results I received were less than optimal. One surgeon characterized the appearance of my tummy this way: "You look like someone who once had a tummy tuck, got pregnant and had a baby." Another surgeon stated flatly that my results were "unacceptable." I broke down crying after hearing these dismal assessments. The happy ending to this story is that I finally have the flat midsection that I wanted to begin with. Dr. Pousti did an amazing job in successfully tightening my abdominal muscles and removing loose skin. My midsection looks beautiful now. If you should find yourself, as I did, in the unfortunate predicament of ending up with a botched tummy tuck by a lesser skilled surgeon, Dr. Pousti is highly knowledgeable and experienced in performing revisionary surgery for previous tummy tuck patients--he even has a site on his web page devoted to revisionary tummy tuck. Dr. Pousti's staff (especially Vanessa) was incredibly supportive and kind as well throughout the entire process, which was quite emotional for me, so I cannot post this review without conveying my gratitude and appreciation to them. The important life lesson for me was this: Always do your research, read reviews and understand what the surgeon's specialty is (ask him/her how many tummy tucks they performed in the past 12 months), because it's your body and you need to ensure that you choose the right surgeon to help you achieve your goals. I highly recommend Dr. Pousti to anyone looking to have a successful tummy tuck procedure.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

I cannot say enough about Dr Pousti and his team! Vanessa and Heather have been my go-to girls and Dr Pousti has been understanding throughout my before and after. I did a breast augmentation with silicone and a lift! I am thrilled with my results so far. I have had a little hiccup but that is due to my own problem because I did not take it easy enough. I could not have a better dr by my side through my hiccup! Their office truly makes you feel like you are part of the family!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

Dr. Tom J. Pousti's Credentials

• Univ Of Ca, Irvine, Ca Coll Of Med, Irvine Ca 92717 (Grad. 1990)

• BCBS Florida