Are you looking for a conscientious knowledgeable skilled doctor who takes good care of his patients? Then look no further than Dr. Pousti! Many of his reviews are very detailed so I'll make this brief. My wife had been thinking about a tummy tuck for years but was nervous about going through with such an extensive surgery. I'm a physician myself so I already had a set of criteria that I wanted my wife's surgeon to meet. I accompanied her to several consultations with other plastic surgeons. None of them even came close to what we were looking for. We were about ready to forget the whole deal when we decided to go to one more plastic surgeon - Dr. Pousti. Boy, were we glad we did!!! We left his office feeling that he was the surgeon for her - one who had the expertise in the operating room and the desire to really take care of my wife postoperatively. Our feelings were justified because the surgery went smoothly, was without complication, and ended up having the cosmetic result my wife wanted. There were some rough times dealing with the pain and muscle spasms, but Dr. Pousti worked with us and got us through it all. His office staff also worked well with us and were thorough, pleasant, and caring. My wife and I can't thank Dr. Pousti and his office staff enough for making this experience all we hoped for and more!! Thanks again, Dr. Pousti and staff!!!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2016

I went to see Dr Pousti to see if it was time to re-do the Breast Augmentation he had done several years prior. He recommended against re-doing them as they still look amazing! This consult speaks for itself: Dr Pousti is honest, ethical, and professional and his surgical work looks beautiful, even after many many years. Highly Recommend Dr Pousti.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

Dr. Pousti is one of the best plastic surgeons in his field with respect to tummy tuck procedures. I wish that I had gone to Dr. Pousti the first time as I made the mistake of going to a different plastic surgeon in December 2014 to perform my tummy tuck. I chose to have a tummy tuck after two (2) pregnancies left me with excessive loose skin and stretched abdominal muscles. However I naïvely believed that a plastic surgeon could skillfully perform any plastic surgery procedure. The truth is that plastic surgeons develop a specialty over time just as any doctor. I felt devastated and heartbroken when I saw the final results of my initial tummy tuck. Afterwards, I had consultations with three (3) highly-esteemed plastic surgeons located in Beverly Hills, Newport Beach and San Diego (Dr. Pousti). Each surgeon stated that the results I received were less than optimal. One surgeon characterized the appearance of my tummy this way: "You look like someone who once had a tummy tuck, got pregnant and had a baby." Another surgeon stated flatly that my results were "unacceptable." I broke down crying after hearing these dismal assessments. The happy ending to this story is that I finally have the flat midsection that I wanted to begin with. Dr. Pousti did an amazing job in successfully tightening my abdominal muscles and removing loose skin. My midsection looks beautiful now. If you should find yourself, as I did, in the unfortunate predicament of ending up with a botched tummy tuck by a lesser skilled surgeon, Dr. Pousti is highly knowledgeable and experienced in performing revisionary surgery for previous tummy tuck patients--he even has a site on his web page devoted to revisionary tummy tuck. Dr. Pousti's staff (especially Vanessa) was incredibly supportive and kind as well throughout the entire process, which was quite emotional for me, so I cannot post this review without conveying my gratitude and appreciation to them. The important life lesson for me was this: Always do your research, read reviews and understand what the surgeon's specialty is (ask him/her how many tummy tucks they performed in the past 12 months), because it's your body and you need to ensure that you choose the right surgeon to help you achieve your goals. I highly recommend Dr. Pousti to anyone looking to have a successful tummy tuck procedure.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

I cannot say enough about Dr Pousti and his team! Vanessa and Heather have been my go-to girls and Dr Pousti has been understanding throughout my before and after. I did a breast augmentation with silicone and a lift! I am thrilled with my results so far. I have had a little hiccup but that is due to my own problem because I did not take it easy enough. I could not have a better dr by my side through my hiccup! Their office truly makes you feel like you are part of the family!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

Dr. Pousti is an AMAZING doctor, I have done a mommy makeover years ago a and decided I wanted to have my implants bigger. I am again extremely happy with him and his staff. I would not go with any other doctor, Dr Pousti is professional and makes one feel very important, he listened to what I wanted and made suggestions as well as his staff. His staff is amazing as well. I recommend him if there were more stars I would give him more, that is how great Dr. Pousti and his staff are.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2015

Dr. Pousti is a great doctor! Very personable and great at what he does! An artistic genius! I could not be happier. He was able to put my safety first and give me the size and shape I wanted! He will be my doctor for my tummy tuck in a year or two! Very gifted doctor with an amazing staff. Mt husband really liked him and felt I was in good hands too!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

After years of wanting to have a breast augmentation I finally pulled the trigger and went with Dr. Pousti. I did extensive research throughout the years and was very well informed about the procedure and process. To be honest the first consultation I had was over 8 years ago. Dr. Pousti was the second. I was able to decide to go with him because he was the only doctor in the San Diego area to show that he had experience working with constricted breasts on his website. At 2 weeks post-op now, I don't regret my decision to go with Dr. Pousti. After providing a number of examples of the look I was going for and allowing him creative and artistic freedom, I'm extremely happy with the results thus far. I'm healing well and am looking forward to the end result! I guarantee you'll be happy too...I can confidently say that he can achieve whichever look you're going for and then some if you let him work his magic.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

After extensive reasearch online i knew Dr. Pousti would be the perfect Doctor. He's very experienced, he's so nice to each of his patients, and his staff is great so you feel super comfortable every step of the way! I couldn't be happier to have made the right choice. I am only 12 days post op but i just wanted to say how extremely happy i am with my results! I was very nervous at first because i had never had any major surgery done before but i always wanted to get a breast augmentation since i had such small breasts. I was also very nervous because I'm very petite so i was concerned about how larger breasts would look on my small frame but i couldn't be happier now. They are the perfect size and look great! I honestly feel very fortunate to have chosen Dr. Pousti for my breast augmentation, not only is he very experienced and skilled he’s also super nice and caring. Ive been treated great by him and his staff since the first day of consultation to the day of surgery and all the routine check ups after that. On the day of consultation I was lucky to have met with Daisy first. She was amazing and such a nice, cheerful person so i felt very comfortable being there. Vanessa was just as awesome and helpful, she called a couple times before my surgery to see how i was doing and i was grateful for her concern. The staff overall is great, even the staff at the surgery center. Everyone is always welcoming and will answer any questions you might have. Everyone seems to genuinely care about you especially Dr.Pousti. They are always professional so Im very happy i got my surgery done with Dr, Pousti. I never imagined i would have such a great experience throughout the entire process. I felt like i was in great hands the entire time. 10/10 i definitely recommend.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014

The best Doctor ever. I just had breast reduction and I couldn't be happier with the result. It feels like I had breast implant. He made my breast size like exactly what I wanted. I like that he is a good listener. He knew what I needed exactly. My new breast makes feel more confident.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

Dr. Tom J. Pousti's Credentials

• Univ Of Ca, Irvine, Ca Coll Of Med, Irvine Ca 92717 (Grad. 1990)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Are you looking for a conscientious knowledgeable skilled doctor who takes good care of his patients? Then look no further than Dr. Pousti! Many of his review..."

January 3, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went to see Dr Pousti to see if it was time to re-do the Breast Augmentation he had done several years prior. He recommended against re-doing them as they st..."

October 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Pousti is one of the best plastic surgeons in his field with respect to tummy tuck procedures. I wish that I had gone to Dr. Pousti the first time as I made..."

September 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I cannot say enough about Dr Pousti and his team! Vanessa and Heather have been my go-to girls and Dr Pousti has been understanding throughout my before and aft..."

September 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Pousti is an AMAZING doctor, I have done a mommy makeover years ago a and decided I wanted to have my implants bigger. I am again extremely happy with him..."

April 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Pousti is a great doctor! Very personable and great at what he does! An artistic genius! I could not be happier. He was able to put my safety first and give..."

April 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After years of wanting to have a breast augmentation I finally pulled the trigger and went with Dr. Pousti. I did extensive research throughout the years and ..."

February 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After extensive reasearch online i knew Dr. Pousti would be the perfect Doctor. He's very experienced, he's so nice to each of his patients, and his staff is gr..."

January 20, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I had breast augmentation and lift for my tubular breasts and they came out great. Exactly the size/shape I wanted. Very knowledgeable"

October 18, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "The best Doctor ever. I just had breast reduction and I couldn't be happier with the result. It feels like I had breast implant. He made my breast size like exa..."

September 15, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Tom" to "Tom J."

October 20, 2013
  • new location added: La Jolla, CA

May 8, 2013
  • combined ratings from Surgeon listing (DID: 3423891)

May 3, 2012