Ratings for Dr. Stephen Wolman

I am in Dr. Wolman's GI care since 2002. During this time his staff treated me always with respect, I was always admitted at the assigned appointment time, and found Dr. Wolman utmost caring and attentive. He took his time to explain the procedure(s) performed, and made sure that I felt comfortable and at ease during those procedures . He is definitely one of the best health care professionals I ever had the privilege being treated by, inspiring trust and confidence in a relaxed and friendly manner.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

Dr. Wolman is the BEST! Truly brillant. He requested certain tests on my daughter that no other doctor had ever thought of, after having been sent to many others. Turns out this was exactly what she has. I have total faith in him for any procedures or medications and particularly diagnosis. He has a lovely manner and doesn't ever make you feel as though he is rushing your appointment. He has an incredible efficient assistant Anne.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

dr. Wolman is an excellent Dr. I have been going to him for 30 years. He has an excellent bedside manor and does not hurry when you get into his office. I would recommend him100%. Anne is a wonderful help and always quick to response to phone calls.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

Dr Wolman and Anne are great!! Anne always returns calls seemingly as soon as possible and is very patient, friendly and helpful. Dr Wolman is very knowledgeable and one of the few doctors that do not rush directly to surgery. He was one of the first doctors to get on board with biologics, proving his forward thinking. He is also very patient and thorough with his explanation and you can feel free to speak openly with him. Unfortunately, as hospital visits go, if you have a 2pm appointment...be prepared to be seen maybe 45 minutes after that. Otherwise, there are few like him.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

no nonsense, good doctor, gives the time needed Anne is very kind and helpful.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

Dr. Wolman misdiagnosed me with IBS, told me to take tranquilizers etc. when I was literally dying of malnutrition at 93lbs from a rare form of chronic pancreatitis 25yrs ago after travelling 3rd world. In TG emerg they told me they did all their tests and I must be anorexic and lying. Only Dr. jeejeboy who saw me in the hospital said i have fat absorbtion problem and to tell Dr. Wolman. He ignored it. Thank God another lesser known doctor who didn`t think they know everything took my symptoms seriously and saved my life. Unfortunately I can't forget. Joanne Orzy

flag | Submitted March 17, 2013

Dr. Wolman has been my doctor for 29 years. Fortunately, I have only needed to see him when my Crohn's has flared-up. It is my belief that during my first experience back in the early-80's I came very close to losing my life as no one had been able to diagnose my illness. Dr. Wolman was the kindest, well-mannered doctor I had. He explainedd what was occuring as it did and took the time to explain everything to me and my parents. He has the best bedside manners and just a kindness about him that makes you know that you're in good hands. The only section above that I struggle giving him a 5 rating, is being punctual... Although his office tries, I believe their "tardiness" is somewhat due to the fact that no patient is ever rushed during thier appointment. So, I guess, this should be applauded when you're the one in his office and I can understand the "frustration" of the patients sitting in the waiting area. Overall, he is the best in his field :) LI

flag | Submitted October 17, 2012

Anne and Dr. Wolman deserve an academy award for their care and promptness at getting back to my panicked telephone calls. Thank you so much!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012

he is a great doctor, been his patient for a long time, his satff is also so helpful/

flag | Submitted November 14, 2011

I have been a patient of Doctor Wolman for about 3 years. I was admitted into Toronto General Hospital 3 years ago from the emergency room after suffering from pain for such a long time. I stayed a week and a half in the hospital. I had a colonoscopy done and dr wolman and his staff were amazing! They made me feel so comfortable in such a frighting situation. He was very gentle and knowledgeable in explaining my situation to me and letting me know I have ulcerative colitis. I was scared to hear my medication since I like going more the natural way, however he helped me so much. I realized after that, although the suffering I went through, the right medication was given. After all, when you hear about all the other medications for my UC, I am happy he went the extra distance to make sure I was happy.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2011