Ratings for Dr. Mark Eisenberg

I am sorry to say that Dr Mark Eisenberg had poor bedside manner when I went to see as a new patient. He asked me a question and I guess I didn't answer quick enough because it's hard to remember when you have gone through several treatments and in response the tone towards me was as if I was wasting his time. The best part was he told his medical assistant to perform the physical exam on me. Until the final outcome was he could do nothing for to continue treatment getting injections and physical therapy. I just felt so beside myself after a Chief of Neuro Surgery would behave that way, even if the patient doesn't need surgery there is a way treat people and his was very poor.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2017

excellent staff!!! excellent doctor and surgeon!! I am so lucky to be cured!! Dr Eisenberg gave me my life back!!!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

I was sent to Dr. Eisneberg out of desperation and being dismissed. Seeking a diagnosis to accept, a solution. I was misdiagnosed and put on pills by doctors . Pills that robbed my energy, my sharpness and abilities to get through a work day. I didn't think I identified at all with my diagnosis. I kept questioning my disc and doctors thought I was crazy for doing so. The minute I called his office the gracious, friendly and most importantly professional staff helped me get an appointment quick. Dr Eisenberg was courteous, thorough, and allowed me to ask many questions. He looked at my disc and questioned the report, without jumping on a diagnosis or treatment he asked for time to research. He didn't agree with my diagnosis as well. He called me personally the next day and everytime to keep me in the loop. Dr. Eisenberg took time with my case, researched and always educated me of the facts, the risks or benefits I may encounter. The outcome benefited the quality of my life highly. Weeks post a craniotimy for a benign skull lesion. I am now free of those symptoms, withdrawing from those pills. Not a single hair was sacrificed for my surgery, since he took the time to part it. The hospital staff I encountered spoke highly of him. Had I not visited him, I would be on pills daily just existing in life. Whenever I need help his office staff, or nurse are quickly there to adress it. He always returns my calls himself to adress my issues or concerns. The staff is outstanding, the office in great location, clean and easy parking. I have trust issues, but I had faith and trust in allowing him To do my surgery and what a wonderful outcome. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

flag | Submitted May 2, 2015

I went to him for a dislocated disc that I had been pressing on a nerve that was causing leg pain and foot weakness I had tried drugs but the pain and weakness continued. When I had seen him this had been going on for a few weeks his recommendation was physical therapy then surgery in 6 weeks. I said but if the disc is dislocated and pushing on my nerve causing the pain how is therapy going to help, don't I need surgery to the dislocated disc remove? I had the films from an MRI that's how I knew my condition I was just seeking the advice of a surgeon. Well my husband was in the consultation with me and he agreed with the other views he was an arrogant and condescending and could careless of my concerns. We sought a second opinion and thank goodness that surgeon said if I it was my wife I'd operate today!! If we had taken Dr. Eisenberg's opinion the results could have been very different instead of just losing feeling in my right toe if I had waited the 6 weeks like Eisenberg wanted maybe i'd be paralyzed?

Submitted January 31, 2015

Dr Eisenberg operated on my 75 year old mother, a working physician herself, who had suffered a stroke and, subsequently, a hemorrhage. Despite what I assume was his best effort, several days after his surgery, her condition deteriorated seriously under what were suspicious circumstances. At this point, Dr. Eisenberg became indifferent to the point of cruelty. My mother was dying and the hospital was aggressively urging the termination of life support. When I asked for a second opinion, Dr. Eisenberg turned to his colleague and said "These people are going to be a problem." And when the colleague pointed out that my elderly father and I could hear him, he coldly said, "I know." He may be a capable surgeon but he demonstrates a callousness that raises serious questions about his ability to treat patients, much less treat them and their families with respect.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2014

He is the most arrogant, rude doctor in the world, it was like he wanted me to notice how wonderful he thinks he is. He is the worst of the worst in terms of self importance and is distracted from your needs by his own ego. I ended up walking out in the middle of the appt. Later I received a bill charging me for things that he didn't do. I reported him to the hospital and the bill was corrected. Go to another doctor please!!!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2007

Dr. Mark Eisenberg's Credentials

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Oxford