Ratings for Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi

After my consultation with Dr. Bounassisi in early March, I made the decision to have a long incision face and neck lift. I went online to find a surgeon. I am a retired medical librarian, so suffice it to say my research being thorough, is an understatement. The reviews for Dr. B were glowing, and were consistently excellent. At my consultation, I was impressed on how down-to-earth and approachable he was. He put me at ease right away and was very thorough in explaining what the facelift procedure would entail and made the recommendation for a neck lift at the same time. He did not exert any pressure on me and suggested I take some time to make my decision, however I decided right then and there, as I felt so positive with the consultation. In hindsight getting the neck lift was the correct decision, as one forgets that the neck ages in tandem with the face, especially when you are over 60. I had many questions which I reeled off from a long list, which he answered thoroughly and in a way that was very easy to understand. What I most appreciated was his honesty. I believe many patients are unrealistic and he very clearly lets you know what one can expect as a final result. It is now 10 weeks post op and I am thrilled with the results. I still look like myself, but my jowls have disappeared and my neck looks fantastic. I feel refreshed and it has done miracles for my self confidence. Kudos most of all go to the office staff. They were all genuinely warm and kind. I was impressed with how organized they were; the paperwork was seamless and painless. They were also very very prompt in answering all my many questions pre and post op. I highly recommend Dr. B to anyone considering this or any other procedure. My only regret is waiting so long to have it done. Yes, it is pricey, but it was worth it in every way.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi

Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi's response
Thank you very much for your review. I enjoyed having you as a patient. We hope to see you in Vancouver again soon. I would love to see you in a few months for a follow up. Take care!

Submitted January 12, 2017

Dr. B is an amazing doctor! He's very knowledgeable, super friendly and very easy to communicate with. I had a rhinoplasty done back in May with great results. I'm so glad I chose Dr. Buonassisi's. I had a wonderful experience with him and his staff!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I had a rhinoplasty with Dr B. in May and am so happy with the results! So happy I finally did it. My results are very natural and he was able to give me the nose I was hoping for- just like the computer generated images. The nurses were so sweet at the surgical centre. Recovery was relatively pain free- just stuffy and swollen! I hope this helps someone because I came here to look for reviews when I was choosing a surgeon. :)

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

Amazing doctor! so far had 3 rhinoplasty and going for my 4th one soon. My 2nd one was with Dr. Bounassisi and I must say it was best result. I am totally regretting now on why I went with the 3rd one with another surgeon. Highly recommend Dr. Buonassisi!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

Dr. Buonassisi is the BEST! I had such a positive experience, and am thrilled with the results. I wanted to have rhinoplasty surgery ever since I can remember, and my only regret is not doing it sooner. The surgery and recovery were extremely easy. It's been truly life changing.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

Dr. Buonassisi and his team at 8 West were amazing right from the start. I had always been self conscious of my nose as far back as I could remember. During my very first rhinoplasty consultation I knew right then Dr. Buonassisi was the absolute best in facial aesthetics and artistry. I am almost 9 weeks post op and I can say with complete assurance that this was one of the best decisions of my life! Dr Buonassisi is an artist as well as a surgeon he gave me a beautiful natural looking nose!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Buonassisi and 8 West from start to finish. The staff were very helpful and quick with their correspondents, the clinic is clean and beautiful, Dr. B was thorough in his explanations and most importantly, he's incredibly talented. At only two weeks post surgery I'm feeling great, loving the result of my lip lift, and my tiny scar is hardly noticeable. Dr. B was also very gentle; I only had one day of minimal swelling and honestly no noticeable bruising. As an out of town patient I'm definitely glad I made the trip to Vancouver BC to see Dr. Buonassisi!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Although I've never come in for anything major, the small procedures I've had with this dr (removing a small growth from the inside of my mouth about 5 years ago and Botox a few years afterwards) went really well. I get extremely anxious for anything medical-related and his "bedside manner" is just awesome. He made me feel relaxed and the finished result was a 10/10. I'm now a fairly regular patient of the clinic for skincare. Excellent results!!!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

It has been 1 month post blepharoplasty. So far, I am extremely happy with the results. The procedure itself was painless and the downtime minimal. I highly recommend Dr. Buonassisi for his skillful work!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

I don't usually post reviews but felt it was my duty as I relied on them so heavily. I had open rhinoplasty in august 2015. They were able to book me an appointment a month or so ahead, and despite it being busy, always responded to my emails and questions promptly. I requested a shorter nose (less projection) to improve my side profile. I asked for a dramatic change because I wanted a doll-like nose, but was advised against this and offered a more conservative shape which I agreed to. The morning of the procedure they couldn't find a reliable vein for the IV sedation so I did the procedure without sedation (typical issue for me, and as I wasn't at the hospital they couldn't use an ultrasound). This allowed me to be fully awake and talk to Dr. Buonassisi during the quick procedure, which went really well. On day 7 I returned to work with makeup and no one noticed any changes (had eye bruising). After about 2 months the sensitivity was gone and after about 1 year my nose had fully formed into its new shape with more defined tip and bridge. It looks very natural and I receive many compliments on it, my mom even forgets I have had the procedure. If you want a natural result, Dr. Buonassisi is a good choice because he is realistic and will let you know what shape is most reasonable. Sometimes opting for a very narrow or small nose will make your face look bigger and may not be proportional. The photoshopped images are helpful too.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

In practice for 15 years, Dr. Buonassisi is a superbly trained and highly experienced facial cosmetic surgeon. He focuses his entire practice on plastic surgery of the nose, eyes, face and neck. Dr. Buonassisi is dual board certified in Head & Neck Surgery (ENT) and Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. The ABFPRS is the only medical board in North America that certifies physicians exclusively in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery of the face and neck. Board Certification by the ABFPRS is viewed as the premier credential in Facial Plastic Surgery. The certification process is rigorous and requires surgeons to have extensive training and experience in facial plastic surgery. Dr. Buonassisi specializes in rhinoplasty, facelift (rhytidectomy), eyelid lift (blepharoplasty of the upper and lower eyelids), neck lift, double eyelid surgery and non surgical skin rejuvenation such as laser resurfacing and dermal injections (Botox, Dysport, Restylane, etc). If you are thinking about having a procedure with Dr. Buonassisi, please take advantage of our complimentary pre consultation. This is a discussion with a knowledgeable patient care expert who can help determine what procedure might be right for you, give you more information about recovery and tell you how much the procedure costs. Then you can decide if you are ready to meet with Dr. Buonassisi. We are a team of experts who love to deliver amazing care to our patients. Please don't hesitate to contact us today!

• English