Ratings for Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi

After my consultation with Dr. Bounassisi in early March, I made the decision to have a long incision face and neck lift. I went online to find a surgeon. I am a retired medical librarian, so suffice it to say my research being thorough, is an understatement. The reviews for Dr. B were glowing, and were consistently excellent. At my consultation, I was impressed on how down-to-earth and approachable he was. He put me at ease right away and was very thorough in explaining what the facelift procedure would entail and made the recommendation for a neck lift at the same time. He did not exert any pressure on me and suggested I take some time to make my decision, however I decided right then and there, as I felt so positive with the consultation. In hindsight getting the neck lift was the correct decision, as one forgets that the neck ages in tandem with the face, especially when you are over 60. I had many questions which I reeled off from a long list, which he answered thoroughly and in a way that was very easy to understand. What I most appreciated was his honesty. I believe many patients are unrealistic and he very clearly lets you know what one can expect as a final result. It is now 10 weeks post op and I am thrilled with the results. I still look like myself, but my jowls have disappeared and my neck looks fantastic. I feel refreshed and it has done miracles for my self confidence. Kudos most of all go to the office staff. They were all genuinely warm and kind. I was impressed with how organized they were; the paperwork was seamless and painless. They were also very very prompt in answering all my many questions pre and post op. I highly recommend Dr. B to anyone considering this or any other procedure. My only regret is waiting so long to have it done. Yes, it is pricey, but it was worth it in every way.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Great staff that are always helpful in answering any questions.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

Funny story to share regarding my consult with this surgeon a year ago. After my straight forward meeting with the doctor, I sat with an assistant to talk money. Midway through the discussion, I asked the woman if she would have rhinoplasty performed by Dr. B. She angrily snapped that how dare I insult her husband?!? I had no clue nor care who was married to who. But, if his wife is still his business manager, be wise: she can snap with little encouragement.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

Obviously just in it for the money. Due to having a cleft palate I have a large, lopsided nose. Once they saw my pictures the staff refused me an appointment and I couldn't even pay for a consultation because they were "too busy". I think they were afraid of taking on a challenging case.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi

Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi's response
I am sorry if you feel like we turned you away. Unfortunately we can't see everybody who contacts us. I don't do cleft lift and palette nasal reconstruction. This is a very specialized field of cranial facial surgery, and there are only a few surgeons in Canada that do this. As always, we are happy to recommend a clinic that does this type of work.

Submitted July 7, 2016

A great experience with great results! I highly recommend Dr. Buonassisi who is second to none in his field. The process was made so comfortable by his amazing staff as well.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

Received a chin implant a year ago now, best life decision ever made! The whole team at Dr. Bounassisi's office is incredible and I would highly recommend him to anyone

flag | Submitted June 12, 2016

I had never liked the hump on my nose, but after breaking it as well, i decided it was finally time to change my nose. I was told the crookedness from the break would be the hardest to fix, but my nose is perfectly straight! I love the results. I am 3 months post surgery. There is still a very small hump on the nose that i wish wasn't there, but i guess you can't expect perfection. It looks extremely natural and i am so happy with the results. people don't believe me when i tell them i've had plastic surgery - even people who knew me before the surgery!. The surgery and recovery were 100% pain free. I didn't even need to take my prescription painkillers after, because there was literally no pain whatsoever. I was out of the house by the second day after the surgery. The entire process was also extremely quick. It only took less than 2 weeks between my consultation and the actual surgery. The only cons i can think of are there's an internal scar that i can feel and so far i do not have all of the feeling back in the tip of my nose. not a huge concern, just things i didn't know would happen. I feel like these things will better over time though. Buonassissi was an excellent choice for a doctor. Everything was professional and it's clear he's very good at his job. He answered any questions I had. I appreciated the phone call after my surgery to make sure my recovery was going well. The entire staff in general were all excellent.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

I had my rhinoplasty done by on January 29, 2016. Dr. Buonassisi was the first surgeon I came across during my research, and honestly, the process was easy and felt right, so I didn’t really look any further. My initial consultation was thorough and clear. When I still had a million questions all the way up to my surgery date and as well as after, the 8 West team was fantastic at answering all of them. I struggled with my nose for most of my life; it always felt like a limitation. It affected everything I did and I always had a sense of being uncomfortable in my body. At first, I judged myself for wanting to change in such a drastic way…I am a pretty organic lady, after all. But, I soon got excited about the change and realized that this experience was a huge act of self love. I always felt so supported, reassured, and well informed. The surgery was painless and time flew by. It was a little over an hour and it felt like 20 minutes. I did it under twilight sedation which has its benefits but I was a little more lucid than I would have liked and I remember it all very clearly and I kind of wish I didn’t. Recovery wasn’t painful, just a little bit uncomfortable. But this was so worth it, the final result is even better than the computer imaging he did in the consultation. It is better than I could have ever dreamed of. I don’t even think of the cost because it is something so life changing that it was worth every penny. I am at about 3 months after the surgery and sensation is coming back. Honestly, my new nose feels more ‘natural’ than my old one did. I didn’t expect perfection, but it’s perfection.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

I just think this doctor and every one at 8 West clinic is amazing! He is an artist with the nose. You can trust that he knows what he's doing and will give you natural beautiful results. He really cares about you too!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

I had Rhinoplasty/Septoplasty with Dr. Buonassisi March 1st 2016. From the moment I entered West8 cosmetics, I had an amazing experience. Dr.Buonassis is friendly, handsome, and pulls no punches. He showed me examples of women with thin nose skin like my own and told me the risks and complications behind it. These included seeing the bridge bone, anything that might not get perfectly smoothed out, or even stitches until they dissolve. He is not some hack that will take your money and do what you want. A friend of mine went to him after, and he told him that he wouldn't be able to do anything do to how thick the skin on the nose was. His whole practice is about giving you the most natural looking results. My major concern going in was my breathing more then appearance. My thoughts were, since I already did not like my nose and had to go under, why go under twice. I had huge bums off the side of the bridge of my nose, my profile was not humped at all. I read a ton of reviews before going into this surgery. The biggest advice they gave me and I will give you, keep on your pain medications every few hours and followed the West8 aftercare to a tee. Doing this I had minimal pain and zero complications, I wont lie the first week is not thrilling. I had huge black eyes, and the T3's made me feel loopy. But it was beyond worth it. I have people come up that I have known for decades and not notice the difference. When I point it out they are so stunned because it is such a natural looking nose, it truly looks like it should have always been there. (You can see from the before and after there is a large difference. As for my breathing, it has improved a lot. I do not really have anything to reference against it since I've had breathing issues all my life. I'm not waking up as tired, I don't fatigue as easy when exercising. All and all its a huge win for me

flag | Submitted April 24, 2016

Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

In practice for 15 years, Dr. Buonassisi is a superbly trained and highly experienced facial cosmetic surgeon. He focuses his entire practice on plastic surgery of the nose, eyes, face and neck. Dr. Buonassisi is dual board certified in Head & Neck Surgery (ENT) and Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. The ABFPRS is the only medical board in North America that certifies physicians exclusively in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery of the face and neck. Board Certification by the ABFPRS is viewed as the premier credential in Facial Plastic Surgery. The certification process is rigorous and requires surgeons to have extensive training and experience in facial plastic surgery. Dr. Buonassisi specializes in rhinoplasty, facelift (rhytidectomy), eyelid lift (blepharoplasty of the upper and lower eyelids), neck lift, double eyelid surgery and non surgical skin rejuvenation such as laser resurfacing and dermal injections (Botox, Dysport, Restylane, etc). If you are thinking about having a procedure with Dr. Buonassisi, please take advantage of our complimentary pre consultation. This is a discussion with a knowledgeable patient care expert who can help determine what procedure might be right for you, give you more information about recovery and tell you how much the procedure costs. Then you can decide if you are ready to meet with Dr. Buonassisi. We are a team of experts who love to deliver amazing care to our patients. Please don't hesitate to contact us today!

• University of British Columbia