Ratings for Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi

After my consultation with Dr. Bounassisi in early March, I made the decision to have a long incision face and neck lift. I went online to find a surgeon. I am a retired medical librarian, so suffice it to say my research being thorough, is an understatement. The reviews for Dr. B were glowing, and were consistently excellent. At my consultation, I was impressed on how down-to-earth and approachable he was. He put me at ease right away and was very thorough in explaining what the facelift procedure would entail and made the recommendation for a neck lift at the same time. He did not exert any pressure on me and suggested I take some time to make my decision, however I decided right then and there, as I felt so positive with the consultation. In hindsight getting the neck lift was the correct decision, as one forgets that the neck ages in tandem with the face, especially when you are over 60. I had many questions which I reeled off from a long list, which he answered thoroughly and in a way that was very easy to understand. What I most appreciated was his honesty. I believe many patients are unrealistic and he very clearly lets you know what one can expect as a final result. It is now 10 weeks post op and I am thrilled with the results. I still look like myself, but my jowls have disappeared and my neck looks fantastic. I feel refreshed and it has done miracles for my self confidence. Kudos most of all go to the office staff. They were all genuinely warm and kind. I was impressed with how organized they were; the paperwork was seamless and painless. They were also very very prompt in answering all my many questions pre and post op. I highly recommend Dr. B to anyone considering this or any other procedure. My only regret is waiting so long to have it done. Yes, it is pricey, but it was worth it in every way.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

The entire experience was excellent! Dr. Buonasissi is a knowledgeable, gifted surgeon. I had a rhinoplasty done November 8 and cannot believe the amazing results. Far better than the computer imaging and far better than I ever thought my nose could look. He is honest about what is and isn't possible. Very direct, clear communication. The support staff are fantastic...from intake to OR nurses.....everyone was positive , professional and worked as a team. If your looking for a surgeon to do a rhinoplasty...this is the one!!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2016

I recently had a neck lift done by Dr. Buonassisi,, yes i was very nervous and scared i hate needles hospitals etc... I called the office a couple of times before by actual surgery date, Dr. Buonassisi took my call and reassured me, answered all my questions again and made me feel at ease. The staff was also amazing. I also want to comment on the surgical staff that worked with Dr. B , they were amazing. i am so happy with my results so far and its only been 2 weeks. I highly recommend Dr. B for any facial surgery etc.... I would use him again. He is knowledgeable, honest and caring, I actually wanted my eyes lids done and he was very honest and told me that i do not need them done. I did my research saw other Doctors , but didn't feel quite confident to go ahead until i had a consultation with Dr. B, i made my decision right away to go ahead. I will always trust in him for any other surgery's i may have.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

I had rhinoplasty done by Dr. Buonassisi in August 2016. It was the best decision and I couldn't be happier with the result. I only consulted with one surgeon and I was confident going with Dr. Buonassisi from the beginning. My whole experience was beyond positive. All the staff was super friendly and helpful. I was nervous but everyone was so confident and calm. The surgery itself wasn't as scary as anticipated and my recovery was much easier and smoother than expected. My nose looks so good. The result exceeded my expecatations. I would highly recommend Dr. Buonassisi and his team!!!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2016

highly sasisfied with my results and the procedure. best decision of my life.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

Dr. Buonassisi and his team are outstanding. He was extremely straight forward in my consultation, and his patient care coordinators promptly answered all of my MANY questions via email, or over the phone, at my request. The doc is extremely knowledgable, and experienced. I'm not sure there is a more qualified rhinoplasty surgeon than him, within the Vancouver region! The surgery itself was easy, and the recovery afterwards was a breeze as well. I absolutely adore my new nose; I no longer have to tell people to delete photos because the angle of my nose looks horrendous. I very much appreciate the fact that he was honest, in telling me that the results would be subtle, and not super dramatic. That is what I wanted, however, and my nose looks perfectly suited to my face now. I would definitely return to Dr. Buonassisi if ever I wanted injectables, or any other surgical or non-surgical facial procedure.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

Great staff that are always helpful in answering any questions.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

Funny story to share regarding my consult with this surgeon a year ago. After my straight forward meeting with the doctor, I sat with an assistant to talk money. Midway through the discussion, I asked the woman if she would have rhinoplasty performed by Dr. B. She angrily snapped that how dare I insult her husband?!? I had no clue nor care who was married to who. But, if his wife is still his business manager, be wise: she can snap with little encouragement.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

Obviously just in it for the money. Due to having a cleft palate I have a large, lopsided nose. Once they saw my pictures the staff refused me an appointment and I couldn't even pay for a consultation because they were "too busy". I think they were afraid of taking on a challenging case.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi

Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi's response
I am sorry if you feel like we turned you away. Unfortunately we can't see everybody who contacts us. I don't do cleft lift and palette nasal reconstruction. This is a very specialized field of cranial facial surgery, and there are only a few surgeons in Canada that do this. As always, we are happy to recommend a clinic that does this type of work.

Submitted July 7, 2016

A great experience with great results! I highly recommend Dr. Buonassisi who is second to none in his field. The process was made so comfortable by his amazing staff as well.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

In practice for 15 years, Dr. Buonassisi is a superbly trained and highly experienced facial cosmetic surgeon. He focuses his entire practice on plastic surgery of the nose, eyes, face and neck. Dr. Buonassisi is dual board certified in Head & Neck Surgery (ENT) and Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. The ABFPRS is the only medical board in North America that certifies physicians exclusively in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery of the face and neck. Board Certification by the ABFPRS is viewed as the premier credential in Facial Plastic Surgery. The certification process is rigorous and requires surgeons to have extensive training and experience in facial plastic surgery. Dr. Buonassisi specializes in rhinoplasty, facelift (rhytidectomy), eyelid lift (blepharoplasty of the upper and lower eyelids), neck lift, double eyelid surgery and non surgical skin rejuvenation such as laser resurfacing and dermal injections (Botox, Dysport, Restylane, etc). If you are thinking about having a procedure with Dr. Buonassisi, please take advantage of our complimentary pre consultation. This is a discussion with a knowledgeable patient care expert who can help determine what procedure might be right for you, give you more information about recovery and tell you how much the procedure costs. Then you can decide if you are ready to meet with Dr. Buonassisi. We are a team of experts who love to deliver amazing care to our patients. Please don't hesitate to contact us today!

• University of British Columbia