Ratings for Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi

After my consultation with Dr. Bounassisi in early March, I made the decision to have a long incision face and neck lift. I went online to find a surgeon. I am a retired medical librarian, so suffice it to say my research being thorough, is an understatement. The reviews for Dr. B were glowing, and were consistently excellent. At my consultation, I was impressed on how down-to-earth and approachable he was. He put me at ease right away and was very thorough in explaining what the facelift procedure would entail and made the recommendation for a neck lift at the same time. He did not exert any pressure on me and suggested I take some time to make my decision, however I decided right then and there, as I felt so positive with the consultation. In hindsight getting the neck lift was the correct decision, as one forgets that the neck ages in tandem with the face, especially when you are over 60. I had many questions which I reeled off from a long list, which he answered thoroughly and in a way that was very easy to understand. What I most appreciated was his honesty. I believe many patients are unrealistic and he very clearly lets you know what one can expect as a final result. It is now 10 weeks post op and I am thrilled with the results. I still look like myself, but my jowls have disappeared and my neck looks fantastic. I feel refreshed and it has done miracles for my self confidence. Kudos most of all go to the office staff. They were all genuinely warm and kind. I was impressed with how organized they were; the paperwork was seamless and painless. They were also very very prompt in answering all my many questions pre and post op. I highly recommend Dr. B to anyone considering this or any other procedure. My only regret is waiting so long to have it done. Yes, it is pricey, but it was worth it in every way.

Submitted June 10, 2016

Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi

Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi's response
Thank you very much for your review. I enjoyed having you as a patient. We hope to see you in Vancouver again soon. I would love to see you in a few months for a follow up. Take care!

Submitted January 12, 2017

Reviews are an effective way to thank a person or business. In this spirit I was thrilled by Dr. Buonassisi and his staff at 8 West Clinic. I am a 60 year old male who had a Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty Subcilliary done and I am delighted with the experiance . The consultation was reassuring , the procedure was very comfortable and the positive result was as predicted by Dr. Buonassisi.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2017

I had my alarplasty done at 8 West Clinic. While I was greatly anxious and nervous prior to my consultation, Dr. Buonassisi proved to be approachable, patient, and knowledgeable. I was able to comfortably ask all of my questions and have them answered in an informative and easy to understand manner. My alarplasty turned out amazing!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

I had made the choice at 33 to have rhinoplasty. I went to two other Dr's in the city and started to get discouraged. After meeting Dr. Bounassissi I knew right away that he was the doctor for my surgery. The entire experience was SO professional from the very first phone call. My consultation was not rushed, it was met with realistic expectations of what he could and could not do, which I really appreciated. He was very professional and listened to what I wanted. I was VERY nervous about the surgery but again, he and his staff were above supportive and reassuring. I can't say I was the most relaxed patient. I had a million pre and post operative questions, all that were answered quickly and open minded. GO TO SEE him if you are considering a rhino. I am BEYOND happy. I did this for me and only me and I could not be happier. I still look like me ( I was scared everyone would be able to tell) but it's so subtle and beautiful. I'm always back at their clinic for other treatments and highly recommend it overall.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

I had heard about Dr. Bounassisi through a friend and booked a consultation with him right away for a rhinoplasty. i was so impressed with his team and the amount of knowledge he had about the topic. He answered all my questions and made me feel so relaxed and confident. I have nothing but great things to say about Dr. B and his team, fastest recovery i could imagine with such little swelling i got to go back to my normal everyday life so much faster than i thought! Will definitely be going back to 8West for all my future treatments!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

It has been 2 months since my rhinoplasty was performed and I couldn’t be happier with the results. From my first consultation, Dr. Buonassisi was very honest and professional. He took the time to explain the procedure and answer any questions that I had, making me feel very comfortable with my choice. I highly recommend Dr. Buonassisi to anyone looking for a plastic surgeon. He has many years of experience and it shows on his work

flag | Submitted December 10, 2017

I had rhinoplasty with Dr. Buonassisi last month to correct my fractured septum. I was very happy with his experience, knowledge and professionalism. I appreciated that his clients all need to prequalify with him before he will take them on. After the surgery he personally followed up with me while he was away travelling with his family, even though I had already spoken with his staff on my follow up treatment. It has now been three weeks since surgery and I am happy with the procedure so far. Swelling was minimal and continues to subside each week. I would highly recommend Dr. Buonassisi and his staff to anyone considering cosmetic surgery.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2017

I heard about 8west and dr. Buonassisi from a friend and emailed them and heard back right away. Had a consultation set up within a week and was able to book my surgery right away after my consultation. All the staff is very helpful with any questions and concerns. Dr. Buonassisi is super nice and funny and during the consultation he was able to tell me exactly what he could and couldn’t do for me. I went for a rhinoplasty surgery and my nose looks exactly like the photos and I’m very happy with the end result. Healing process was super easy and the clinic called to check up on me to make sure everything was going well. I strongly recommend dr. Buonassisi & 8west clinic

flag | Submitted December 2, 2017

After a ton of research I chose Dr. Buonassisi at 8 West Clinic to do my Rhinoplasty and I couldn't be happier! He understood what I was hoping to achieve while talking me through what he felt would suit my face structure the most and thoroughly addressing my questions and concerns with earnest. The preliminary photos and attention to detail let me know I was in the right hands. I walked out of my consultation feeling confident and assured I was making the right choice. Everyone shudders when I say I underwent twilight anesthesia but I was relaxed and comfortable the entire time. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. The staff are fantastic.. Personable, caring and super attentive. They were also incredibly prompt with all of my pre and post op questions. Constant support through the whole process and recovery. Truly impeccable!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017

I had rhinoplasty/septoplasty done by Dr. Buonassisi 2 years ago and could not be any happier. I found out at the age of about 18 after breathing through my mouth instead of my nose more often than not that I had a deviated septum and needed surgery. This was great news for me as I really wanted to get the bump on my bridge taken down. I started to research online and came across Dr. B. I contacted 8 West and found the team very helpful, accommodating and reassuring. I knew he was the Doctor I wanted to perform surgery on my face as I researched a lot being the most noticeable part of your body I needed to be sure. I had my consultation where he did computer imaging to show me what my results would look like. I was very pleased with the these results. Dr. B was very thorough with everything and all the info I needed prior to surgery. I had day surgery that was very quick in North Van, wait time was not long either :) My deviated septum was medical so that was covered but rhinoplasty being a choice was not. For the surgery I had it was completely worth it, pain free, I had the best care by the sweetest nurse. I chose the twilight zone as it was 1000 cheaper and this is reccomended by him. I would do it again. Thank you Dr. Buonassisi for making me feel confident in my own skin and thank you to your amazing team.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2017

Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

In practice for 15 years, Dr. Buonassisi is a superbly trained and highly experienced facial cosmetic surgeon. He focuses his entire practice on plastic surgery of the nose, eyes, face and neck. Dr. Buonassisi is dual board certified in Head & Neck Surgery (ENT) and Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. The ABFPRS is the only medical board in North America that certifies physicians exclusively in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery of the face and neck. Board Certification by the ABFPRS is viewed as the premier credential in Facial Plastic Surgery. The certification process is rigorous and requires surgeons to have extensive training and experience in facial plastic surgery. Dr. Buonassisi specializes in rhinoplasty, facelift (rhytidectomy), eyelid lift (blepharoplasty of the upper and lower eyelids), neck lift, double eyelid surgery and non surgical skin rejuvenation such as laser resurfacing and dermal injections (Botox, Dysport, Restylane, etc). If you are thinking about having a procedure with Dr. Buonassisi, please take advantage of our complimentary pre consultation. This is a discussion with a knowledgeable patient care expert who can help determine what procedure might be right for you, give you more information about recovery and tell you how much the procedure costs. Then you can decide if you are ready to meet with Dr. Buonassisi. We are a team of experts who love to deliver amazing care to our patients. Please don't hesitate to contact us today!

• English