Ratings for Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi

After my consultation with Dr. Bounassisi in early March, I made the decision to have a long incision face and neck lift. I went online to find a surgeon. I am a retired medical librarian, so suffice it to say my research being thorough, is an understatement. The reviews for Dr. B were glowing, and were consistently excellent. At my consultation, I was impressed on how down-to-earth and approachable he was. He put me at ease right away and was very thorough in explaining what the facelift procedure would entail and made the recommendation for a neck lift at the same time. He did not exert any pressure on me and suggested I take some time to make my decision, however I decided right then and there, as I felt so positive with the consultation. In hindsight getting the neck lift was the correct decision, as one forgets that the neck ages in tandem with the face, especially when you are over 60. I had many questions which I reeled off from a long list, which he answered thoroughly and in a way that was very easy to understand. What I most appreciated was his honesty. I believe many patients are unrealistic and he very clearly lets you know what one can expect as a final result. It is now 10 weeks post op and I am thrilled with the results. I still look like myself, but my jowls have disappeared and my neck looks fantastic. I feel refreshed and it has done miracles for my self confidence. Kudos most of all go to the office staff. They were all genuinely warm and kind. I was impressed with how organized they were; the paperwork was seamless and painless. They were also very very prompt in answering all my many questions pre and post op. I highly recommend Dr. B to anyone considering this or any other procedure. My only regret is waiting so long to have it done. Yes, it is pricey, but it was worth it in every way.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi

Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi's response
Thank you very much for your review. I enjoyed having you as a patient. We hope to see you in Vancouver again soon. I would love to see you in a few months for a follow up. Take care!

Submitted January 12, 2017

Dr. Buonassisi and his team at 8 West were amazing right from the start. I had always been self conscious of my nose as far back as I could remember. During my very first rhinoplasty consultation I knew right then Dr. Buonassisi was the absolute best in facial aesthetics and artistry. I am almost 9 weeks post op and I can say with complete assurance that this was one of the best decisions of my life! Dr Buonassisi is an artist as well as a surgeon he gave me a beautiful natural looking nose!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Buonassisi and 8 West from start to finish. The staff were very helpful and quick with their correspondents, the clinic is clean and beautiful, Dr. B was thorough in his explanations and most importantly, he's incredibly talented. At only two weeks post surgery I'm feeling great, loving the result of my lip lift, and my tiny scar is hardly noticeable. Dr. B was also very gentle; I only had one day of minimal swelling and honestly no noticeable bruising. As an out of town patient I'm definitely glad I made the trip to Vancouver BC to see Dr. Buonassisi!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Although I've never come in for anything major, the small procedures I've had with this dr (removing a small growth from the inside of my mouth about 5 years ago and Botox a few years afterwards) went really well. I get extremely anxious for anything medical-related and his "bedside manner" is just awesome. He made me feel relaxed and the finished result was a 10/10. I'm now a fairly regular patient of the clinic for skincare. Excellent results!!!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

It has been 1 month post blepharoplasty. So far, I am extremely happy with the results. The procedure itself was painless and the downtime minimal. I highly recommend Dr. Buonassisi for his skillful work!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

I don't usually post reviews but felt it was my duty as I relied on them so heavily. I had open rhinoplasty in august 2015. They were able to book me an appointment a month or so ahead, and despite it being busy, always responded to my emails and questions promptly. I requested a shorter nose (less projection) to improve my side profile. I asked for a dramatic change because I wanted a doll-like nose, but was advised against this and offered a more conservative shape which I agreed to. The morning of the procedure they couldn't find a reliable vein for the IV sedation so I did the procedure without sedation (typical issue for me, and as I wasn't at the hospital they couldn't use an ultrasound). This allowed me to be fully awake and talk to Dr. Buonassisi during the quick procedure, which went really well. On day 7 I returned to work with makeup and no one noticed any changes (had eye bruising). After about 2 months the sensitivity was gone and after about 1 year my nose had fully formed into its new shape with more defined tip and bridge. It looks very natural and I receive many compliments on it, my mom even forgets I have had the procedure. If you want a natural result, Dr. Buonassisi is a good choice because he is realistic and will let you know what shape is most reasonable. Sometimes opting for a very narrow or small nose will make your face look bigger and may not be proportional. The photoshopped images are helpful too.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

I contacted Dr. Buonassisi about a procedure that I thought would be simple. I just wanted a bit more definition in the tip of my nose. Getting in touch with the office was extremely frustrating as they never called back and I was left calling them every time. After waiting 2 days for a call for a consultation date I got an email saying that they didn't think that I was a candidate and that the Dr. thought I already had an aestheticly pleasing nose for my face. I guess I have to be a little thankful for the compliment but I obviously don't agree and it wasn't an opinion that i asked for. I have to wonder how he could conclude that I was not a candidate (that my skin was too thick and that it would be too difficult to make visible changes) having NEVER seen me in person. Overall an unpleasant experience.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi

Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi's response
Thank you for your feedback. I receive hundreds of requests each month from patients wanting rhinoplasty to change their nasal features. I review each of their photos personally. What many people don't understand is that rhinoplasty is not a simple procedure and there are many potential medical and cosmetic problems that can result from the surgery. In cases where patients have normal, aesthetically pleasing nasal features, not only do I not recommend surgery I think it is unethical to perform it. I'm sorry if you felt that we dismissed you. My intention was to give you sound advice without you wasting your time and money on an in person consultation at our clinic. I’m sorry you feel this was bad service.

Submitted January 15, 2017

Would absolutely recommend dr buonassisi to anyone considering rhinoplasty! I am a little over a month post op and could not be happier with my results. ive always been so insecure of my prominent nose and was finally able to do something about it. i obviously researched surgeons online and decided to travel and speak with him after reading many positive reviews. I travelled to see him and he was very knowledgable, down to earth and realistic as to how my results would be. He pointed out features of my nose that I hadn't even realized were an issue, but also always stressed how he only wanted to make subtle changes and you could tell he was pretty conservative. I decided immediately that I was comfortable leaving this in his hands On the day of my surgery he came to speak with me before and after. Even during (because I was awake but on twilight sedation) I couldn't stop asking how it was going and he was kind and calming and answered all my annoying questions. A week later, because I was an out of town patient, he called me himself to talk me through taking my cast off. He was so ridiculously patient and let me call him back a couple times because I couldn't get it off. Now that the cast has been off for a month I'm soo happy with my nose and so amazed at how flawless it is now. my expectations are exceeded! If you are in BC you will not regret going to this doctor :)

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

I have not had the pleasure of actually meeting Dr. Buonassisi, however I have spoke with the staff . Although the conversations were brief, I found they had been shared with compassion, and clarity. Also the knowledge from the reception was far beyond what I had from a particular surgeon as to whom had taken a request for tightening a slight bit of loose skin on my rather feminine petite but muscular face ( lifestyle of extreme sport and body building) The surgeon I had sold additional surgeries breaking my already shattered self esteem. As anyone preparing for a cosmetic surgery may know, we may have come from an abusive relationship(s) and as I have learned the abusers hardest blows are aimed at the self esteem to attain control. When I met my surgeon I was in awe of her kindness, especially since I had almost my entire family except for one pass away in the few years upon meeting my surgeon I was so vunerable, and as she was a surgeon I had blind trust..... I will never understand why she promoted the surgeries, and sadly the communication was lacking knowledge from beginning to end. as a professional , I was required to take an oath, it was my thought that all professionals honoured their code of ethics, and their oath So why am I leaving this rating? It is my goal to help others now make informed decisions about cosmetic surgery, and if they even need it at all. through that I have read endless reviews, and spoke with hundreds of individuals. THIS PARTICULAR SURGEON IS HONEST , IT APPEARS TO ME THAT DR. BUONASSISI , ALSO HAS A STAFF THAT ADHERE TO ETHICAL BEHAVIOUR. I read a review that seemed rather challenged that they were turned away. Oh my goodness then I READ A REPLY FROM DR. BUONASSISI. This man is genuine, and from all the individuals I have spoke with Dr. Buonassisi is realistic. PLEASE UNDERSTAND A SURGEON THAT KNOWS THEIR OWN ABILITIES IS AN ETHICAL SOUL, THIS IS SURGERY, AND A GOOD SURGEON DOES NOT TAKE A RISK THAT MAY POTENTIALLY ENDANGER AN INDIVIDUAL. If I was working for rate MD I would give Dr. Buonassisi a bonus rating of stars for #1) responding back EXCEPTIONAL and # 2) Having the moral backbone to be honest and ethical. BRAVO DR. BUONASSISI

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

I went to Dr. Buonassisi for rhinoplasty 3 years back and it was a wonderful experience! His staff are very nice and he is very knowledgable! My results were just what I wanted given I had thicker skin. My bump was erased and my nose was not a obvious change that it looked too "done up" it was natural and suited my face PERFECTLY! Would definitely suggest him! :)

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

In practice for 15 years, Dr. Buonassisi is a superbly trained and highly experienced facial cosmetic surgeon. He focuses his entire practice on plastic surgery of the nose, eyes, face and neck. Dr. Buonassisi is dual board certified in Head & Neck Surgery (ENT) and Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. The ABFPRS is the only medical board in North America that certifies physicians exclusively in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery of the face and neck. Board Certification by the ABFPRS is viewed as the premier credential in Facial Plastic Surgery. The certification process is rigorous and requires surgeons to have extensive training and experience in facial plastic surgery. Dr. Buonassisi specializes in rhinoplasty, facelift (rhytidectomy), eyelid lift (blepharoplasty of the upper and lower eyelids), neck lift, double eyelid surgery and non surgical skin rejuvenation such as laser resurfacing and dermal injections (Botox, Dysport, Restylane, etc). If you are thinking about having a procedure with Dr. Buonassisi, please take advantage of our complimentary pre consultation. This is a discussion with a knowledgeable patient care expert who can help determine what procedure might be right for you, give you more information about recovery and tell you how much the procedure costs. Then you can decide if you are ready to meet with Dr. Buonassisi. We are a team of experts who love to deliver amazing care to our patients. Please don't hesitate to contact us today!

• English