Ratings for Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi

After my consultation with Dr. Bounassisi in early March, I made the decision to have a long incision face and neck lift. I went online to find a surgeon. I am a retired medical librarian, so suffice it to say my research being thorough, is an understatement. The reviews for Dr. B were glowing, and were consistently excellent. At my consultation, I was impressed on how down-to-earth and approachable he was. He put me at ease right away and was very thorough in explaining what the facelift procedure would entail and made the recommendation for a neck lift at the same time. He did not exert any pressure on me and suggested I take some time to make my decision, however I decided right then and there, as I felt so positive with the consultation. In hindsight getting the neck lift was the correct decision, as one forgets that the neck ages in tandem with the face, especially when you are over 60. I had many questions which I reeled off from a long list, which he answered thoroughly and in a way that was very easy to understand. What I most appreciated was his honesty. I believe many patients are unrealistic and he very clearly lets you know what one can expect as a final result. It is now 10 weeks post op and I am thrilled with the results. I still look like myself, but my jowls have disappeared and my neck looks fantastic. I feel refreshed and it has done miracles for my self confidence. Kudos most of all go to the office staff. They were all genuinely warm and kind. I was impressed with how organized they were; the paperwork was seamless and painless. They were also very very prompt in answering all my many questions pre and post op. I highly recommend Dr. B to anyone considering this or any other procedure. My only regret is waiting so long to have it done. Yes, it is pricey, but it was worth it in every way.

Submitted June 10, 2016

Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi

Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi's response
Thank you very much for your review. I enjoyed having you as a patient. We hope to see you in Vancouver again soon. I would love to see you in a few months for a follow up. Take care!

Submitted January 12, 2017

I recently went in to 8 West to get nose filler by Jillian, their registered nurse injector. She was very gentle, thoughtful and sweet. She went over all of the risks involved beforehand which was appreciated. It was a quick and painless procedure, I was able to reapply makeup right after and head out for the night. The result was beautiful and natural, she only focused it in the small area of concern. This was my first time getting filler and I think my body metabolized it faster than I would’ve liked so I will be going to see her again for a top up. Everyone’s body react differently so if you get it done and notice the filler has dissolved relatively quickly (before the 6-9 month mark), I would suggest calling the clinic and letting them know so they can help you get the look you desire. I’ll continue seeing Jillian for my injectables.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2018

Highly professional excellent customer service superior knowledge facial specialist

flag | Submitted May 12, 2018

Genuinely down-to-earth skilled and knowledgeable complemented buy an amazing staff I read only one negative comment and I believe the individual confused this surgeon DR THOMAS J BUONASSISI with another doctor with a similar name that practices in North Vancouver personally I think ratemd should do the right thing and remove that negative rating I personally did not see anywhere to flag it for removal as the original facial surgeon DR THOMAS J BUONASSISI deserves a total of five star rating for excellence

flag | Submitted April 17, 2018

Nice guy, skilled etc. however he gambled with my eyelids and used dissolvable stitches that didn’t dissolve and got infected (ended up removing most of the stitches myself, after 10 days) so now I’m left with a noticeable bump right in the centre of my eyelid, I gave up using eyeshadow because it collects underneath the bump. So disappointed with my experience. If there’s some learning to take home from this is never take a chance with dissolvable stitches especially on your eyes and expensive doesn’t always mean the best.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2018

My partner and I had a consultation with dr. Buonassisi I had many questions partner and I were so grateful for the doctor's extraordinary knowledge understanding and communication personally it is allowed me to move forward with a difficult situation now that I understand what had happened and how it can be corrected it was especially appreciated that there were no false expectations presented even the folder contained valuable realistic information about surgery the staff were equally helpful in assisting there was absolutely no pressure to place a deposit and in fact the the focus was on my health and ensuring that we understood the pros and the cons of the surgery The Waiting office was filled with literature and I could see that there were ongoing educational presentations made available to everyone that encouraged ongoing resources we didn't have to wait more than a few minutes but even in that short. time we were asked twice if everything was okay if we would like anyting it was just a warm and friendly atmosphere after a consultation we were assisted again going over the plan of action explaining everything on the folder which contains several pages of valuable educational information about the surgery further the actual office has a rear entrance with lots of available parking this may not seem like the biggest deal unless you have a head full of bandages and you don't want to be seen in public for your after visits this comment has been presented through voice text which sometimes makes its own words at the last minute but I sincerely hope the content is delivered with sincerity

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

I had the most amazing experience. I got rhinoplasty surgery . The staff was so professional and full of knowledge . Dr. Buonassisi is so experienced. He made me feel calm , he will not do anything that does not look natural . I trusted him right from the beginning . I am so happy with the end result. He’s very confident, calming and honest. He’s the best in Vancouver!!!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

You can't ask for a better plastic surgeon ! Everything was great!really great! Dr. Buonassisi is a gifted person with blessed hands. He left a very good memory for me. I can't thank him enough!

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

Reviews are an effective way to thank a person or business. In this spirit I was thrilled by Dr. Buonassisi and his staff at 8 West Clinic. I am a 60 year old male who had a Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty Subcilliary done and I am delighted with the experiance . The consultation was reassuring , the procedure was very comfortable and the positive result was as predicted by Dr. Buonassisi.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2017

I had my alarplasty done at 8 West Clinic. While I was greatly anxious and nervous prior to my consultation, Dr. Buonassisi proved to be approachable, patient, and knowledgeable. I was able to comfortably ask all of my questions and have them answered in an informative and easy to understand manner. My alarplasty turned out amazing!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

In practice for 15 years, Dr. Buonassisi is a superbly trained and highly experienced facial cosmetic surgeon. He focuses his entire practice on plastic surgery of the nose, eyes, face and neck. Dr. Buonassisi is dual board certified in Head & Neck Surgery (ENT) and Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. The ABFPRS is the only medical board in North America that certifies physicians exclusively in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery of the face and neck. Board Certification by the ABFPRS is viewed as the premier credential in Facial Plastic Surgery. The certification process is rigorous and requires surgeons to have extensive training and experience in facial plastic surgery. Dr. Buonassisi specializes in rhinoplasty, facelift (rhytidectomy), eyelid lift (blepharoplasty of the upper and lower eyelids), neck lift, double eyelid surgery and non surgical skin rejuvenation such as laser resurfacing and dermal injections (Botox, Dysport, Restylane, etc). If you are thinking about having a procedure with Dr. Buonassisi, please take advantage of our complimentary pre consultation. This is a discussion with a knowledgeable patient care expert who can help determine what procedure might be right for you, give you more information about recovery and tell you how much the procedure costs. Then you can decide if you are ready to meet with Dr. Buonassisi. We are a team of experts who love to deliver amazing care to our patients. Please don't hesitate to contact us today!

• English