Dr. Buonassisi has honestly changed my life forever and I would recommend him to anyone. I went to Dr. Buonassisi for my Rhinoplasty surgery earlier this year. I have always been self conscious about my nose, and the way it looked, so my parents and I decided it was time to fix it. When we arrived to his office, we were automatically greeted by his wonderful secretory. Once we met Dr. Buonassisi, he examined my nose, and told me exactly what he will have to do and how the procedure will go. Through out the entire appointment he was very polite and knowledgable. He answered all the questions I had and went into full detail when answering the questions. When it came to the operation date, everyone at the facility was also very welcoming. I had an IV sedation and i only remember parts of the surgery and the entire surgery only lasted 45 minutes! The healing process was great, and i had very minimal bruising and swelling. It has been 6 months since my surgery and honestly, I couldn't be happier with the result of my nose. Dr. Buonassisi did an outstanding job. He made my nose seem so natural. People do not believe me when I tell them that I had it surgically fixed. I recommend Dr. Buonassisi to anyone and everyone. He is an outstanding doctor who truly cares about his patients. This entire process has been worth every single penny.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

I had a rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty a year later with Dr. Buonassissi. Everyone at 8West was always extremely helpful, attentive, and knowledgeable. Even if I felt my questions were silly or I was nervous about the procedure, the staff were always really friendly and responsive and made me feel confident that I was in the best possible hands and everything would be taken care of for me. I never had any complaints along the process. As for the doctor, he was a consummate professional, straightforward in his approach, and not to mention an expert surgeon. I did not have an obvious defect when I went in for rhinoplasty, just some things I wanted to improve for my self. The doctor made sure my expectations were realistic, and he took on the challenge of doing a very subtle and conservative surgery and did a masterful job of it. He left me with a nose that I am thrilled with but no one else noticed an obvious difference, though they did comment I looked better and asked if something had changed. It really balanced my facial features well and I think he did an amazing job - couldn't have asked for better, either from him or his team. I'd have no hesitation to go to Dr. Buonassissi again if I ever need or want another surgery.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2015

Dr. Buonassisi and his team were extremely wonderful to me during the process of having a Rhinoplasty surgery. He was very no-nonsense and real with me about my expectations. At the same time, he really listened to what it was that I wanted, and noted every one of my concerns. Leading up to the surgery I had many questions that were always dutifully answered by him and his staff. Dr. Buonassisi delivered an absolutely amazing result! It is very evident that he knows what he is doing, because it looks better than I ever could have imagined! The whole process was made so much better by Dr. Buonassisi and the entire 8West team. Should have done the surgery years ago!

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

I had a blespharoplasty procedure done by Dr. Buonossisi and I couldn't be more pleased with the experience and results. Dr. Buonossisi was very kind and the surgery was quick and gentle with no pain. My eyes look much brighter and very natural. Dr. Buonossisi is very skilled and I would highly recommend him to anyone considering surgery .

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

Dr. Buonassisi is amazing! I had my rhinoplasty at 16 (5 years ago) and I was really nervous but he answered all my questions and was super nice. I also had a deviated septum and would get nose bleeds almost every day and he fixed that during the surgery as well! I haven't had a nose bleed ever since and the surgery made a huge difference but looks very natural at the same time. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

I had a wonderful experience at 8West. I saw Dr. Buonassisi for rhinoplasty and a chin implant. I was an out-of-town patient (from Calgary) and I flew into Vancouver for the procedure. The results are excellent, I am extremely happy that I went to Dr. Buonassisi. It was well worth the trip. Dr Buonassisi is very talented and I read the reviews on realself before I booked a consultation with him. We used Skype for the consultation, and he showed me in real-time different 'morphs' of my nose on his computer. He sent me the pictures of the different changes that were possible with my nose and I shared them with my family. I felt that I was in good hands with Dr. Buonassisi. His clinic staff were all welcoming and polite. I highly recommend his practice. I think that I should have had this procedure done 10 years ago. I wish I had done it sooner. I find that I'm more interested in makeup and upkeeping my appearance since having this done, it has done wonders for my self confidence.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

Honestly I don't write many reviews but I just had to write this one because I had the best experience I could've possibly had with a surgery. The staff were super sweet, smiling, helpful, they joke around with you, answer all your questions, hold your hand if you're scared. And the doctor is very talented himself. I had local anesthesia and I was aware of what was going on but I just kept my eyes closed and it seemed like it was over in 10 minutes. No pain after surgery, minor swelling currently on day 2. The only pain I really felt was the shots for the IV and numbing of the nose, but other than that, I would do this over again 348438 times because it is so worth it!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

Dr. Tomas J Buonassisi! where to start? Hes and amazing doctor. He is very polite knowledgeable and his skills as a surgeon are amazing. I had a Rhinoplasty done and the final out come is better then anything I thought was possible. From the moment I walked through the door for that first consultation to the very last checkup Dr. B and his team at 8 west medical have been nothing was professional. As an individual I tend to worry a lot, I always need to know what can happen, what are the worst case possibilities and what are the chances/ odds of that occurring to me. Dr. B gave me solid information and showed me concrete evidence of what is possible and what is realistic in my surgery. Key bits of information I needed to move forwards with the operation. So about the operation, I went under full sedation, and when I woke I couldn't feel and thing. The operation was over and I was ready to go home. My recovery process was fast and I barley had any pain. The first week was tough to sleep but that was because of the nose splints. Id say my recovery process was the same as anyone else's. Just google it haha. I guess the last thing I wanna say is Dr. B thank you! You and your team are fantastic and you have given me a new look on life(both literally and metaphorically). I am very happy I made the decision to work with you and your team, and I would recommend you to anyone and everyone. :)

flag | Submitted August 9, 2015

I went to Dr. Buonassisi for Eye Lid - Lower Transconj surgery. This was such a successful surgery! I couldn't be more happy. My under eye puffy bags are completely gone. In case you didn't know this surgery is when the Doctor removes the fat from under your eyes so you don't have that puffy tired look. Dr.B also cauterized some blood vessels making my dark eye circles fade a lot. This surgery was just for fixing puffy eyes. Usually there is not much you can do for dark eye circles but Dr.B ended up making that better too. :) I've always had dark eye circles since I was a child and in my late twenties I started to get puffy under eyes. It really got me down because I dealt with the tired dark eye circles all my life and then all the sudden I got puffy bags at 30! I researched for a couple years on the best Vancouver surgeons for baggy eyes and found Dr. Buonassisi. His reviews were really great and I booked the appointment. From the moment I booked the appointment to the day of my surgery Dr. Buonassisi and staff were super friendly, comforting, positive and over all very professional. The results were so great!!! After the surgery I was a little out of it from the meds but I had little pain. I had to take a week of of work because of the bruising and dry eyes. After 2 weeks the bruising went away, I felt normal and people were noticing my fresh face. If I could, I would give Dr. B and staff at 8west 6 stars because he helped lighten up my dark eye circles. If you are thinking of getting rid of puffy under eyes I highly recommend Dr. Buonassisi at 8West.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

I went to Dr. Buonassisi for my Rhinoplasty surgery (hump reduction and tip rotation) and I couldn't have been more impressed! I spent months researching and meeting with different cosmetic surgeons before I made my final decision. Dr. B and his staff were very knowledgeable, kind, and answered all of my questions thoroughly. I am the type of person who is scared at the sight of a needle and they made the whole procedure effortless and comfortable. Currently I am at 2 weeks post-op and I love my new nose.. It suits me and is exactly what was promised!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

In practice for 15 years, Dr. Buonassisi is a superbly trained and highly experienced facial cosmetic surgeon. He focuses his entire practice on plastic surgery of the nose, eyes, face and neck. Dr. Buonassisi is dual board certified in Head & Neck Surgery (ENT) and Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. The ABFPRS is the only medical board in North America that certifies physicians exclusively in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery of the face and neck. Board Certification by the ABFPRS is viewed as the premier credential in Facial Plastic Surgery. The certification process is rigorous and requires surgeons to have extensive training and experience in facial plastic surgery. Dr. Buonassisi specializes in rhinoplasty, facelift (rhytidectomy), eyelid lift (blepharoplasty of the upper and lower eyelids), neck lift, double eyelid surgery and non surgical skin rejuvenation such as laser resurfacing and dermal injections (Botox, Dysport, Restylane, etc). If you are thinking about having a procedure with Dr. Buonassisi, please take advantage of our complimentary pre consultation. This is a discussion with a knowledgeable patient care expert who can help determine what procedure might be right for you, give you more information about recovery and tell you how much the procedure costs. Then you can decide if you are ready to meet with Dr. Buonassisi. We are a team of experts who love to deliver amazing care to our patients. Please don't hesitate to contact us today!

• University of British Columbia

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I am not happy with the results of my procedure at all! Paid over $17,000 for SMAS Facelift and now have indentations on one side of my face, as well as a lump..."

January 23, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty a year later with Dr. Buonassissi. Everyone at 8West was always extremely helpful, attentive, and knowledgeable. Ev..."

December 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Buonassisi and his team were extremely wonderful to me during the process of having a Rhinoplasty surgery. He was very no-nonsense and real with me about my..."

December 23, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had a blespharoplasty procedure done by Dr. Buonossisi and I couldn't be more pleased with the experience and results. Dr. Buonossisi was very kind and the su..."

November 9, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Buonassisi is amazing! I had my rhinoplasty at 16 (5 years ago) and I was really nervous but he answered all my questions and was super nice. I also had a d..."

October 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a wonderful experience at 8West. I saw Dr. Buonassisi for rhinoplasty and a chin implant. I was an out-of-town patient (from Calgary) and I flew into Vanc..."

September 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Buonassisi has honestly changed my life forever and I would recommend him to anyone. I went to Dr. Buonassisi for my Rhinoplasty surgery earlier this year. ..."

September 1, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Much like a horrible boyfriend, I would love to broadcast far and wide that no one should ever see this doctor. I have never been treated so rudely and with so ..."

August 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Honestly I don't write many reviews but I just had to write this one because I had the best experience I could've possibly had with a surgery. The staff were su..."

August 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Tomas J Buonassisi! where to start? Hes and amazing doctor. He is very polite knowledgeable and his skills as a surgeon are amazing. I had a Rhinoplasty don..."

August 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr. Buonassisi for Eye Lid - Lower Transconj surgery. This was such a successful surgery! I couldn't be more happy. My under eye puffy bags are comp..."

June 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr. Buonassisi for my Rhinoplasty surgery (hump reduction and tip rotation) and I couldn't have been more impressed! I spent months researching and m..."

May 1, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I had my eye lid surgery almost 2 years ago .3 month later he corrected one my eye lid but still doesn't look right. The second time they put me in the room and..."

April 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I’m a college student and I was very nervous about rhinoplasty, both because I was worried the outcome wouldn’t be what I’d hoped for, and because of what I tho..."

March 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely recommend Dr. Bounassisi as a cosmetic surgeon! I had been thinking about rhinoplasty for a while since my nose had a large hump and droopy tip. Over..."

February 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My friend had a fantastic experience with Tom. Highly recommend."

February 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Buonassisi regarding a facial procedure. He explained the procedure to me clearly and concisely. He did exactly what he said he would do and the r..."

February 20, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Seems ok for small procedures like shaving small bump down but WOULD NOT RECOMMEND for more complicated nasal procedures such as straightening crooked nose, or ..."

February 20, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Had a rhinoplasty with Dr. Buonassisi and so disappointed with the results. He over promised and now won't even try to make it better. I should have done my h..."

February 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had a non-surgical nose job in which some filler was injected into various spots in my nose. Dr. Buonassisi was excellent. He explained everything, took great c..."

February 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely wonderful doctor. I had an upper eyelid blepharoplasty done in January and am so happy with the results! Everything was explained to me beforehand, r..."

November 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I'm a 27 year old male. Just had rhinoplasty with Dr buonassisi one week ago. I'm so so happy with my results after only a week. I can't recommend him enough. T..."

October 20, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I started looking for a cosmetic surgeon this summer and, after doing a lot of research (on RateMDs and other sites), I was really impressed by the ratings and ..."

September 24, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Buonassisi by a friend who also sees him for Botox injections. I wondered if I really needed to see a surgeon for Botox because I know a l..."

September 23, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I rarely take the time to write reviews, but since I suffer from such anxiety surrounding medical procedures, I feel compelled to share my experience over the y..."

September 23, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been receiving Botox injections from Dr.Buonassisi for approximately three years now. My experience with him and his staff has been wonderful. I have re..."

September 23, 2014
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I'm not able to claim a positive experience from this Doctor. After all these years, he still leaves a bad memory for me. He was a ENT (Ear, Nose, Throat) Sp..."

September 4, 2014