Ratings for Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi

Dr. Buonassisi has honestly changed my life forever and I would recommend him to anyone. I went to Dr. Buonassisi for my Rhinoplasty surgery earlier this year. I have always been self conscious about my nose, and the way it looked, so my parents and I decided it was time to fix it. When we arrived to his office, we were automatically greeted by his wonderful secretory. Once we met Dr. Buonassisi, he examined my nose, and told me exactly what he will have to do and how the procedure will go. Through out the entire appointment he was very polite and knowledgable. He answered all the questions I had and went into full detail when answering the questions. When it came to the operation date, everyone at the facility was also very welcoming. I had an IV sedation and i only remember parts of the surgery and the entire surgery only lasted 45 minutes! The healing process was great, and i had very minimal bruising and swelling. It has been 6 months since my surgery and honestly, I couldn't be happier with the result of my nose. Dr. Buonassisi did an outstanding job. He made my nose seem so natural. People do not believe me when I tell them that I had it surgically fixed. I recommend Dr. Buonassisi to anyone and everyone. He is an outstanding doctor who truly cares about his patients. This entire process has been worth every single penny.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi's response
Thank you! The entire team at Dr. Buonassisi's office is so thrilled to hear this feedback from you. We hope to see you soon!

Submitted March 15, 2016

I just think this doctor and every one at 8 West clinic is amazing! He is an artist with the nose. You can trust that he knows what he's doing and will give you natural beautiful results. He really cares about you too!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

I had Rhinoplasty/Septoplasty with Dr. Buonassisi March 1st 2016. From the moment I entered West8 cosmetics, I had an amazing experience. Dr.Buonassis is friendly, handsome, and pulls no punches. He showed me examples of women with thin nose skin like my own and told me the risks and complications behind it. These included seeing the bridge bone, anything that might not get perfectly smoothed out, or even stitches until they dissolve. He is not some hack that will take your money and do what you want. A friend of mine went to him after, and he told him that he wouldn't be able to do anything do to how thick the skin on the nose was. His whole practice is about giving you the most natural looking results. My major concern going in was my breathing more then appearance. My thoughts were, since I already did not like my nose and had to go under, why go under twice. I had huge bums off the side of the bridge of my nose, my profile was not humped at all. I read a ton of reviews before going into this surgery. The biggest advice they gave me and I will give you, keep on your pain medications every few hours and followed the West8 aftercare to a tee. Doing this I had minimal pain and zero complications, I wont lie the first week is not thrilling. I had huge black eyes, and the T3's made me feel loopy. But it was beyond worth it. I have people come up that I have known for decades and not notice the difference. When I point it out they are so stunned because it is such a natural looking nose, it truly looks like it should have always been there. (You can see from the before and after there is a large difference. As for my breathing, it has improved a lot. I do not really have anything to reference against it since I've had breathing issues all my life. I'm not waking up as tired, I don't fatigue as easy when exercising. All and all its a huge win for me

flag | Submitted April 24, 2016

I had rhinoplasty done because before my surgery I really lacked self-esteem. I hated my side view and would not feel comfortable with any photos from the side or even having people look at me from that view. More importantly though my breathing became and issue. I couldn't breathe through my nose when I slept and and had chronic sinus infections as well as sinus headaches. I eventually saw my doctor who then referred me to an Ears Nose Throat Specialist after having to be repeatedly put on antibiotics because I could no longer get rid of sinus infections on my own. The ENT told me that one side of my nose was 80% blocked due to it being deviated (one side was caved and one concaved in my nostrils). Surprisingly this was wonderful news to me as I wanted surgery. I needed my deviated septum corrected but because I was going under already I thought might as well do it all at once. So I started doing my own research since my doctor didn't know of any surgeons in Vancouver who would be good at the specific surgery I wanted. I wanted the best surgeon because well it's my face. I kept seeing dr buonassisis name specifically for rhinoplasty and so I started to research him more. I'm so glad I did because he was AMAZING and so was his staff. About a month after I started to look into having surgery I had my consultation with Dr. B at 8 West Cosmetic Surgery. I had before pictures taken and had computer imaging done to show me what I would look like after surgery. My surgery was 2 months after my consultation :) The surgery itself was in North Van and from the time I came in to the time I left was about 3 hrs. The surgery was painless, I was nervous about the IV and the nurses made me so comfortable that it has never gone that well for me. This was also my first surgery besides having my tonsils out when I was in kindergarten. I chose the twilight anaesthetic as it is $1000.00 less because they have to get an anaesthesiologist and it is also harder for the surgeon when you go completely under because they have to go around the tubes in your nose. I was more than happy with my choice. I was told to take 2 of my painkillers religiously every 6hrs and it wasn't long before I only needed one. I didn't even finish the pain medication. As I don't live in Vancouver Dr B has skyped me for follow up appointments and any time I had any questions I just called the office and always got the answers I needed. 5 months later I was able to make it to Van and decided to stop in to see Dr B and was able to get after photos taken :) I am so pleased with my results. I have one tiny scar that's almost completely gone and it's just on my columella so you can't see it. This will go away with time and there's no skin discolouration at all. I feel like this is the way I was "supposed" to look and I also am yet to have a sinus infection or sinus headache :) the side view of my computer imaging shows the bridge a little lower then the result but it has only been 5 months. At my follow up he gave me tape to put on it at night to encourage the swelling to go down and hopefully lower it by 5%. However I'm not worried as I completely trust him and I love how my side view looks! The computer imaging was almost identical to what I ended up with :) Thank you so so much Dr Buonassisi and to your staff as well!!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

I just hade my rhinoplasty done 2 months ago and i am so happy i did it. It looks better then i even thought it would, and i still look like myself but better. Staff was great always emailed me back right away and answered any questions even the dumb ones! I did alot of reseach and he was my fav from the beginning but i thought id try a few others out just to make sure and him and his office blew the others outa the water, way more professional ! I would reccomend anyone i know to go see him! Recover was about a week but my nose never hurt at all threw out the recover ! You wont regret choicing dr buonassisi as your doctor

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

Dr. Buonassissi and his team are AMAZING. Katie and Jaryn are both extremely smart, friendly and helpful. Dr. B is a patient, calm, professional Doctor with an eye for details. I came in with uneven eyelids. My right eye was a lot smaller while the other was a lot bigger. From the initial consultation to this day 5 months later, I feel the warmth and kindness from 8 West. I wanted to have surgery to cut my eyelids so they can match. Dr. B suggested the Suture procedure instead as he did not think I needed the major procedure of eyelid surgery. Suture was cheaper than the other procedure and he still recommended I go for Suture. He cared for my best interest. He went through the different options, explained clearly what I can expect as a result. I had many questions, and even asked the same questions over and over but Dr. B was always patient with me. Ensured each time I am confident. On my day of the surgery, Katie was in the surgery room with me. She stood next to us and made sure I was okay throughout the process. I could hear Dr. B talk to Katie and explained to her step by step what he was doing. He has always been so calm and gentle and I knew exactly that just by the way he treats his staff. Anytime I had any questions, concerns, or doubts- Dr. B and his team made every effort and answered every questions. They are such a great team together and at 8 West you will always feel confident that someone is looking after you. Until this day I still feel like they care about the outcome of my surgery and how I look and feel. 100000% I would recommend Dr. Buonassissi and his team. If you want to freshen up your look, go to Dr. B! He is so talented you won't be disappointed. For my next treatment, I already know who I'll be calling.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2016

I saw Dr. Buonassisi in 2015 for Rhinoplasty and was so pleased with the results! He and his team were very knowledgeable and helpful in explaining the procedure and answering my questions, from the consultation through the recovery process. The staff were so friendly and really helped me feel at ease. I wish I had done the procedure years ago!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

I had a rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty a year later with Dr. Buonassissi. Everyone at 8West was always extremely helpful, attentive, and knowledgeable. Even if I felt my questions were silly or I was nervous about the procedure, the staff were always really friendly and responsive and made me feel confident that I was in the best possible hands and everything would be taken care of for me. I never had any complaints along the process. As for the doctor, he was a consummate professional, straightforward in his approach, and not to mention an expert surgeon. I did not have an obvious defect when I went in for rhinoplasty, just some things I wanted to improve for my self. The doctor made sure my expectations were realistic, and he took on the challenge of doing a very subtle and conservative surgery and did a masterful job of it. He left me with a nose that I am thrilled with but no one else noticed an obvious difference, though they did comment I looked better and asked if something had changed. It really balanced my facial features well and I think he did an amazing job - couldn't have asked for better, either from him or his team. I'd have no hesitation to go to Dr. Buonassissi again if I ever need or want another surgery.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2015

Dr. Buonassisi and his team were extremely wonderful to me during the process of having a Rhinoplasty surgery. He was very no-nonsense and real with me about my expectations. At the same time, he really listened to what it was that I wanted, and noted every one of my concerns. Leading up to the surgery I had many questions that were always dutifully answered by him and his staff. Dr. Buonassisi delivered an absolutely amazing result! It is very evident that he knows what he is doing, because it looks better than I ever could have imagined! The whole process was made so much better by Dr. Buonassisi and the entire 8West team. Should have done the surgery years ago!

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

I had a blespharoplasty procedure done by Dr. Buonossisi and I couldn't be more pleased with the experience and results. Dr. Buonossisi was very kind and the surgery was quick and gentle with no pain. My eyes look much brighter and very natural. Dr. Buonossisi is very skilled and I would highly recommend him to anyone considering surgery .

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

Dr. Thomas J Buonassisi's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

In practice for 15 years, Dr. Buonassisi is a superbly trained and highly experienced facial cosmetic surgeon. He focuses his entire practice on plastic surgery of the nose, eyes, face and neck. Dr. Buonassisi is dual board certified in Head & Neck Surgery (ENT) and Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. The ABFPRS is the only medical board in North America that certifies physicians exclusively in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery of the face and neck. Board Certification by the ABFPRS is viewed as the premier credential in Facial Plastic Surgery. The certification process is rigorous and requires surgeons to have extensive training and experience in facial plastic surgery. Dr. Buonassisi specializes in rhinoplasty, facelift (rhytidectomy), eyelid lift (blepharoplasty of the upper and lower eyelids), neck lift, double eyelid surgery and non surgical skin rejuvenation such as laser resurfacing and dermal injections (Botox, Dysport, Restylane, etc). If you are thinking about having a procedure with Dr. Buonassisi, please take advantage of our complimentary pre consultation. This is a discussion with a knowledgeable patient care expert who can help determine what procedure might be right for you, give you more information about recovery and tell you how much the procedure costs. Then you can decide if you are ready to meet with Dr. Buonassisi. We are a team of experts who love to deliver amazing care to our patients. Please don't hesitate to contact us today!

• University of British Columbia

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I just think this doctor and every one at 8 West clinic is amazing! He is an artist with the nose. You can trust that he knows what he's doing and will give y..."

May 3, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had Rhinoplasty/Septoplasty with Dr. Buonassisi March 1st 2016. From the moment I entered West8 cosmetics, I had an amazing experience. Dr.Buonassis is frien..."

April 24, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had rhinoplasty done because before my surgery I really lacked self-esteem. I hated my side view and would not feel comfortable with any photos from the side ..."

March 25, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I just hade my rhinoplasty done 2 months ago and i am so happy i did it. It looks better then i even thought it would, and i still look like myself but better. ..."

March 15, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Buonassissi and his team are AMAZING. Katie and Jaryn are both extremely smart, friendly and helpful. Dr. B is a patient, calm, professional Doctor with a..."

March 12, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Buonassisi in 2015 for Rhinoplasty and was so pleased with the results! He and his team were very knowledgeable and helpful in explaining the procedur..."

February 8, 2016
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I am not happy with the results of my procedure at all! Paid over $17,000 for SMAS Facelift and now have indentations on one side of my face, as well as a lump..."

January 23, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty a year later with Dr. Buonassissi. Everyone at 8West was always extremely helpful, attentive, and knowledgeable. Ev..."

December 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Buonassisi and his team were extremely wonderful to me during the process of having a Rhinoplasty surgery. He was very no-nonsense and real with me about my..."

December 23, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had a blespharoplasty procedure done by Dr. Buonossisi and I couldn't be more pleased with the experience and results. Dr. Buonossisi was very kind and the su..."

November 9, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Buonassisi is amazing! I had my rhinoplasty at 16 (5 years ago) and I was really nervous but he answered all my questions and was super nice. I also had a d..."

October 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a wonderful experience at 8West. I saw Dr. Buonassisi for rhinoplasty and a chin implant. I was an out-of-town patient (from Calgary) and I flew into Vanc..."

September 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Buonassisi has honestly changed my life forever and I would recommend him to anyone. I went to Dr. Buonassisi for my Rhinoplasty surgery earlier this year. ..."

September 1, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Much like a horrible boyfriend, I would love to broadcast far and wide that no one should ever see this doctor. I have never been treated so rudely and with so ..."

August 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Honestly I don't write many reviews but I just had to write this one because I had the best experience I could've possibly had with a surgery. The staff were su..."

August 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Tomas J Buonassisi! where to start? Hes and amazing doctor. He is very polite knowledgeable and his skills as a surgeon are amazing. I had a Rhinoplasty don..."

August 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr. Buonassisi for Eye Lid - Lower Transconj surgery. This was such a successful surgery! I couldn't be more happy. My under eye puffy bags are comp..."

June 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr. Buonassisi for my Rhinoplasty surgery (hump reduction and tip rotation) and I couldn't have been more impressed! I spent months researching and m..."

May 1, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I had my eye lid surgery almost 2 years ago .3 month later he corrected one my eye lid but still doesn't look right. The second time they put me in the room and..."

April 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I’m a college student and I was very nervous about rhinoplasty, both because I was worried the outcome wouldn’t be what I’d hoped for, and because of what I tho..."

March 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely recommend Dr. Bounassisi as a cosmetic surgeon! I had been thinking about rhinoplasty for a while since my nose had a large hump and droopy tip. Over..."

February 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My friend had a fantastic experience with Tom. Highly recommend."

February 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Buonassisi regarding a facial procedure. He explained the procedure to me clearly and concisely. He did exactly what he said he would do and the r..."

February 20, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Seems ok for small procedures like shaving small bump down but WOULD NOT RECOMMEND for more complicated nasal procedures such as straightening crooked nose, or ..."

February 20, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Had a rhinoplasty with Dr. Buonassisi and so disappointed with the results. He over promised and now won't even try to make it better. I should have done my h..."

February 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had a non-surgical nose job in which some filler was injected into various spots in my nose. Dr. Buonassisi was excellent. He explained everything, took great c..."

February 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely wonderful doctor. I had an upper eyelid blepharoplasty done in January and am so happy with the results! Everything was explained to me beforehand, r..."

November 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I'm a 27 year old male. Just had rhinoplasty with Dr buonassisi one week ago. I'm so so happy with my results after only a week. I can't recommend him enough. T..."

October 20, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I started looking for a cosmetic surgeon this summer and, after doing a lot of research (on RateMDs and other sites), I was really impressed by the ratings and ..."

September 24, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Buonassisi by a friend who also sees him for Botox injections. I wondered if I really needed to see a surgeon for Botox because I know a l..."

September 23, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I rarely take the time to write reviews, but since I suffer from such anxiety surrounding medical procedures, I feel compelled to share my experience over the y..."

September 23, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been receiving Botox injections from Dr.Buonassisi for approximately three years now. My experience with him and his staff has been wonderful. I have re..."

September 23, 2014
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I'm not able to claim a positive experience from this Doctor. After all these years, he still leaves a bad memory for me. He was a ENT (Ear, Nose, Throat) Sp..."

September 4, 2014