Ratings for Dr. Christopher R. Galbreath

It's unfortunate to have to write a negative comment. No explanation given as to the medication I was prescribed, eventually went through the worst experience of my life weaning myself off the medication that was prescribed without any information (now I know for the future to ask questions before simply taking anything, I trusted his judgement). No tools for change given, no feedback or discussion, no support or interventions given. Was told I would be referred to a nutritionist which never was. Was late for an appointment by 10 mins due to an accident backing traffic, upon arrival learned that he left without even contacting me to see if I was ok or on my way and therefore did not have a session that day. His secretary is very kind and helpful, I actually feel bad for her. Have had friends go to the same doctor who told me to run far and fast from this doctor as he also prescribed them many different medications, described as feeling like an "experiment"....found a new doctor and won't recommend to anyone in the future unfortunately.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

As a patient of Dr. Galbreath, and as a medical professional as well, I can tell you that Dr. Galbreath is an outstanding D.O. specializing in psychiatry. Aside from being a expert in pharmacokinetics, he is kind and compassionate. In contradiction to other reviews I have read here, I can assure he has extraordinary interpersonal skills. As far for his patient's that comment that he is on his laptop a lot, I would only hope so, seeing as though electronic charting and prescribing is now a mandatory law. He has been so understanding of me and my situations, He has helped me recover and I thank God for allowing me access such a wonderful doctor, especially in today's medical society.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

This Guy is not good what so ever. I told him about all the side affects that I was having anti depressants he gave me and he gave me more meds to take on top of it. He also doesn't explain anything to you. Don't go to this guy he is a waste of money and time and he is not in this field to help people

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

Excellent Psychopharmacolcologist, wonderful bed side manner. Can't believe the one scathing review that is here. Charts are not used much in medicine/surgery in this moderm era. URMC has My Chart. The MD can go online and see all medications which have been prescribed for a patient for their entire life if you are in the URMC system.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

I have been a patient for many years being treated for recurrent Major Depressive Disorder; Dr. Galbreath is by far the best doctor I have ever gone to, he gave me back my life

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

Check out website called Dollars For Docs if you asked for generic and were prescribed brand name drugs.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

I can't believe the reviews here. Dr. Galbreath is one of those doctors who stares at you and asks a few brusque questions. He acts totally disinterested. He did NOT put me at ease and I did not find him easy to talk to. And forget feedback. The guy sits there the entire time typing on his laptop as you talk and does not interject with observations, recommendations, anything. I think he is playing video games the whole time! He has also prescribed medication that is severely contraindicated for me...even though I had just mentioned my other illness. When I filled the script and read the warning (not in the "rare" category) I did not take it. When I told him about this he simply rolled his eyes at me. I have seen many psychiatrists over the years and tried him because he is close to home. Horrible interpersonal skills. I am currently looking for another doctor.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2011

My name is Derek and I have seen a few psychiatrists in my life. Dr. Galbreath is a great guy who is very knowledgable, down to earth and easy to talk with. Go see him and his dog at his office in fairport!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2010

Just the best doctor I have ever had. It is intimidating seeing a new doctor, but he puts you at ease.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2009

Awesome person... helpful and his office manager is great!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2008

Dr. Christopher R. Galbreath's Credentials

• New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology (Grad. 1985)