Ratings for Dr. Edmond B. Dekoos

I have been a patient since I was sixteen years old. For those people looking for a warm and fuzzy kind of guy he is not it but if you are looking for caring and competent - get there! If you are ever diagnosed with anything bad he is totally there to get you in quickly, seen by the right people, calls you at home and gives you his private number "in case you have other questions". He is like family - I have watched his kids grow up and he has delivered mine. Love him to bits and dread the day he decides to retire!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

He was very short and made no attempt to answer my questions. He told me I needed a to do a blood test because I might have had a hormonal condition, when I asked if he could explain what he thought I had, he told me to Google it. Really not what I wanted to hear when a doctor tells me I may have a health problem. When the blood test came in I had to call him ( I got the blood test done privately, so I had a copy of the results). He told me I did not have the health problem, but when my symptoms persisted I went to another gyno who then properly diagnosed me. I understand Gynos are hard to come by, but if possible avoid.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

I have been his patient for years, always friendly good bedside manner. On time and helpfull

flag | Submitted July 13, 2014

Normal check up and pap smear lasted a total of 5 minutes including questions about medical and sexual history. No breast examination. Out of the blue and completely unrelated to anything we talked about he made a derogatory remark about Muslims while he was examining me. I felt very uncomfortable and not in a position (!) to argue with him. When I reported the remarks to the staff at Clinic Medicelle, they were horrified.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

I have been a patient for almost 40 years and have had nothing but positiveness in all my experiences. While he may not have the best bedside manner, if yo get past that you will the most patient, kid and caring individual you could ask for outside your family. If you need time to talk - he makes it. If you have more questions that he can answer because he does not like to keep others waiting he will make the time at the end of the day to call you. My whole family goes to him and whenever I have referred others to him he could not be kinder and more accommodating than he is. He is honest and does no beat around the bush and if you need treatment he no longer does he will get you in to the proper source without delay!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2011

My family doctor sent me to Dr. deKoos since one of his colleague doctor chose him for her hysterectomy surgery. Had my hysterectomy surgery in January 2004 by Dr. deKoos. Everything went well. I have recommended him to friends and colleagues. They are very satisfied with his services. They keep returning to him or recommend him to their friends/colleagues. One of my colleague at work was also recommended by her family doctor to see Dr. deKoos.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2010

Has been our family doctor since the 70's. Has been generous, professional and always on point. I was only a baby when he started consulting my aunts and mom. He then delivered my sisters and cousins! Turning 38 in a few months, and I still receive the utmost perfect advice from him. Treats me like one of his own. Great Doctor!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2009

I have had good service,does not hesitate to send me to other specialists when necessary and he has done a laparoscopy on me rather than a regular incision.Bedside manner could be better

flag | Submitted December 7, 2008

Punctual, Staff unfriendly, does not keep up with latest medical info and procedures. He did a cyst removal on me, opening me up c-section style, when it turns out other doctors are doing it through the belly button, leaving no scar. Then he tried to suggest I have an abortion because he prescribed me antibiotics while I didn't yet know I was pregnant, although he knew I was trying to become pregnant. He refused to give me any info about the effects that antibiotic had on the fetus. I consulted pharmacists and many other doctors and they all agreed there was nothing to worry about. I immediately found a new doctor and have never gone back since.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2008

très compétent. Toujours à l'écoute. N'hésite pas à vous recommander un spécialiste dans les cas d'urgence. Il est un bon gynecolog.Good doctor

flag | Submitted May 5, 2008