Ratings for Dr. Karen Beard

I do not understand Dr. Beard's business model. I present when I am sick (rarely) and need help. Perhaps same day appointments are unreasonable but I do not think so for 1) a thrown-out back and 2) a sinus infection. (Cases where I need a prescription/am in current pain.) I have been refused with "no appointements available" 3:3 times I have tried to see the doctor in the last 4 years. Goodbye Dr. Beard--I will take my business and illnesses elsewhere.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2012

Would not recommend using this dr. She was uncaring and rude. She was not able to diagnose my illness or help me to find someone who could. She made me feel that I was a bother to her. I pray that no one else is subjected to this kind of treatment.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2010

I went to Dr. Beard three times as her patient and was misdiagnosed and/or ignored each time. When going in for a sinus infection I was sent home with no prescription besides to take a Tylenol and telling me to come back in a week for a prescription if I still have it... When going in for a headache that lasted 3 weeks (non-stop), vision problems, and rushing in my ears it was dismissed as stress or a dental problem... Made a special trip to dentist who found nothing and ended up being treated by a neurologist for a possible brain tumor. Luckily I was finally diagnosed with Pseudotumor Cerebri rather than a tumor, however the symptoms are the same. I was told if I had waited any longer to be diagnosed I would have lost part of my vision.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2007

Dr. Karen Beard's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)