You may also like

Rate Dr. Steven M. Simon

Dr. Steven M. Simon's Ratings

I saw Dr. Simon on my first few visits, then was unceremoniously handed off to a nurse practitioner. I have been seeing this NP now for another several years, but she will NOT listen to any new issues, or will sympathize, but absolutely will not make any changes to your medications whether they work or not. After 5 years of the same medications, and advancing disc degeneration and increased pain-sorry-no change or increase in medication. I just think they should be allowed to have some input on our care, not just be prescription writers for Dr. Simon, who is very often out of town traveling and speaking at conferences. I have also been in the office with him when he stopped and took a phone call......from a PATIENT. He will give his cell phone number to a patient just so they can contact him after hours. He did fix a prescription on a Sunday when the pharmacist was able to get hold of him-his NP had written it incorrectly and I was out of an important med. If he is such a big bad, rude, off-putting grunt of a man and a terrible doctor, why did he call my pharmacist back on a Sunday afternoon? I have missed getting a correct script during my visit with an NP, and when I realized it I called them and they let me come by and pick it up-no appointment needed. I needed a non-narcotic salve for my pain and was almost 2 months out for my appointment-they didn't make me wait or make a sooner appointment-they wrote the script and let me come by and just pick it up. I go get early in the day appointments, I show up on time, I am courteous with the staff who greet me by name every time I come in, I pay my bills on time to make sure THEY get paid on time, and most importantly- I take the medications they prescribe the way they tell me to. Do I need to be proactive and make another appointment with Dr. Simon to get some adjustments to my meds made? Yep. That is on me.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2826919].votes_count ]]

Submitted June 3, 2015

Do yourself a favor if you are dealing and a doctor who knows what they are doing. Everything about this practice is terrible. I did find another doctor and it has made all the difference in my life. On my very last visit the words from one of his staff when I asked a question was what do you expect me to do in 15 minutes. That was after I waited over an hour to see her. Dr. Simon is very uninvolved. Only saw him once. Thought I had no options but go find another.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2779290].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

Dr. Simon office is a experience no person with pain should never go to. my very first appointment was disaster at it's highest level, the front office called me to come in at 10:15 am, which I got there alittle early to fill out the paper work. well 10:30 came around and I was still sitting in the waiting area 15 minutes past due for my appointment, so when 10:45 came around I went to the check in desk and the lady told me that I could been seen at 11:00, and on top of that she tried to charge me for so call lab work which was peeing in a cup $20.00 and if you don't have double insurance their copay to them was a additional $20.00, talk about a rip off, my advise to other's do not use this pain management facility at all, I thought all these comments were alittle over the top but experiencing first hand, they are telling the truth. go somewhere else for treatment.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2587350].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2014

I made a huge mistake with my appointment 3 years ago with Dr. Simon. I have grave's disease and a high strung high octane type A person. So I didn't care for how things went because of not relaxing and understanding what he was saying. He was good at checking my records which I had with me, verified my surgeries and wrote out RX's of meds I never head of before. So when I went to fill them is when the problems came in with some nurse who said tough luck you just gotta pay the 450 dollars for the meds until humana approves it. Well I did not have 450 dollars when I have no income or job. She wasn't nice at all and did not care about my response. It is the only reason I did not go back. I would go back in a heart beat but somehow in the medical world if you leave a doctor you can never go see them again. Rather strange since it was my 1st visit. I have researched Dr. Simon and he even give's speeches on chronic pain and Pain management because there is a difference. He is still a 5 star doctor in my opinion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2570058].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

Dr. Simon had me walk down the hall and stand with my back to him and then sent me to see the in- house psychiatric therapist who let me talk for ten min. I was charged 175.00 dollars for this, then I was sent to see the Dr who does injections so he could tell me about them. Charged 60.00 for that and then sent to see Tom who fitted me for back brace that was way too big for me and a knee brace and an electrical probe machine. I was not told that these things cost individually. Oh, and was given a urinalysis. Come to find out due to research of my own that the knee brace cost 1000.00 dollars, the probe is being billed to me to this day at 76.00 dollars a month(can't get an answer at the issuing company), back brace (didn't need at all) 600.00 dollars, the lab that does the urinalysis charges 576.00 PER URINE SPECIMEN SENT IN! All of this plus the office visit of 120.00 for 15 min. This place is a rip off from the minute you enter the door! The lab they use has lost lawsuits involving inaccurate results and doctor kick backs. Dr. Simon had the nerve to tell me that HIS tax dollars pay for my equipment
Ent and I was at fault for not wearing a knee brace to my visit. The knee brace did nothing to help me. His newest Dr. Zipper has lost his operating priviledges due to repeat replacement surgeries. Also on record is his mental problems that affect(ed) his work. Research these guys and the lab they use and the reviews and you will leave them as fast as I did.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2542741].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

Dr. Simon is the BEST. HE IS NOT ONLY A FANTASTIC DOCTOR, HE IS A VERY GOOD MAN. His skills and his compassion toward me, not enough stars he is a 10 star doctor. i daily thank God for him. if your drug seeking hes not for you. the rest of us?? i have been to so many doctors, rehab, test, other specialist, none come close to the level of care from Dr. Simon. during my darkest days, i stop and remember how grateful i am to be his patient. he is the reason ive gotten this far. i would have given up long ago. all of this is true and more, all of this is true and from my heart. for every negative complaints about him, are probably the drug seekers. dont believe it for a minute. go to him and see for yourself. i angers me to read what some have said about him. i trust him completely.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2538807].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

Doctor didn't listen to me at all! He was too busy talking to people on his cell phone like his daughter- about nothing urgent. People came in and out of office 6 times. He knows nothing about what I have been through- he would cut me off and off didn't want to listen. He just have me 6 scripts for meds I don't know what they are or what they we for. He did NO physical examination and was not interested in helping find diagnosis, just write scripts and don't explain what they are for. Gets very rude if you ask questions about thinks. I was appalled- won't be using any of the medications- I have medications from other doctors, we were told to go to him for help with a diagnosis, he is clearly a "drive through" pain. Clinic- just sees patients for 5 minutes give them scripts and move on- awful, just awful!!!!!! Shouldn't have liscense- 6 meds and no idea what for- oh but don't ask - he will get irritated! His lack of attention was awful. And at end he didn't say, we are done, thanks, he started dictating and after a few minutes we just walked out- AWFUL!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2522555].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2014

I was seen by his Nurse practitioner "Donna". I was very impressed with her treatment of me in the office, She sent me home with several pain remedies. But a week later when the pain returned with a vengeance and I called their office. I was told there was nothing that they could do and I asked. "Do you expect me to live with level 7 pain?" The girl in the phone said I don't know I'll have to ask. She never called me back that day. I am not impressed at all. When I needed them they let me down. I will be looking for a doctors office that is more compassionate and more organized. In the mean time I am stuck with incompetence. And people treating you like you are just looking for a high. I want my pain gone, I don't want to take meds but until a doctor can fix me I'm stuck!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2517895].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2014

Best professional pain Doctor that I have seen in years. Finally, someone that knows and has medical knowledge that most Doctors don't. I have a displaced and dislocated jaw that is locked closed for life. This happened 7 years ago. Today I have a 50% opening due to PT and stretching the jaw. The pain radiates down my neck and shoulders. He understands and his primary care is to help me to function daily with controlled pain levels. I was leery coming here based on some reviews but I decided to go and judge for myself. I'm glad I did.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2467977].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2014

Started the appointment by asking, "Why are you here? You don't look like you're in pain." A pain management doctor should know that pain comes in all shapes and sizes, and that some people hide their pain better than others. Beyond that, I could barely get a word in edgewise to ask questions, he gave instructions while he was dictating chart notes and simply expected me to understand that those instructions were for me, and was completely wrong about the musculature in my back according to 3 other practitioners. He also authorized an $1800 lab test with an out-of-network provider, leaving me a whopping bill from them. The office itself is like a 3-ring circus; if you enjoy chaos, you will like this place.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2439760].votes_count ]]