Ratings for Dr. Walter R. Woodhouse

Went to see Dr. Woodhouse because I couldn't get in to see the famous Dr. Brownstein (my insurance didn't participate). Though Dr. Woodhouse is obviously very knowledgable, he is kind of impatient, and stuck up in the ivory tower of his own knowledge on the subject of hypothyroidism. I didn't see him for very long. His office environment felt kind of like entering a penitentiary. Lots of rules which made you feel kind of uneasy and stifled. He also does NOT seem to like little children.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2013

The staff was rude to me and my wife. I was receiving lab results, they would not allow my wife to come in. Then I found out the results they provided me were not for me. The blood samples were mixed up with someone elses by the office staff. It took the move a month to notify me.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2013

flag | Submitted May 4, 2012

Dr. Woodhouse is knowledgeable about endocrine system...seems to be his only focus. Realize that a lot of health issues stem from thyroid but every time I saw him he repeated the same stories & didn't seem to listen to any new health related issues. I went in to have a lump on my throat checked. He pretty much ignored it until I asked about it a 2nd time & all he told me was to stop using toothpaste with flouride. That was the last time I went to him. Found another doctor who referred me to a ENT. Woodnotes might ok at first & helpful with alternatives but after a while his stories & one-sided focus get tiring.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2011

I filled out med history forms in May, Dr takes them home and reads them then offc calls you to schedule appt. They forgot to call me- so I called on Monday of following wk, got appt for Mid June. I do not have insurance and am low income. NO PHLEBOTOMIST ON STAFF so I could not get blood drawn!!! Wish they would have told me this BEFORE I scheduled an appt!! Here it is July & I still do not know when they will have a person there to draw blood. Mrs. Woodhouse said she "knows how, but I don't like doing it". Unfortunately, I had already been seen by the dr so as far as I'm concerned I'm out $250 and NO ANSWERS!!! They will be getting a phlebotomist soon from a lab& I can go to Quest Labs to have my bloodwork done for another $300+ dollars that I do not have. There is a Dr. Kaplan in Tecumseh - much closer to where I live who has similar rave reviews like woodhouse shld hv gone there but did not find him online until the day of my appt! SHOULD BE TELLING PATIENTS NO PHLEBOTOMIST

flag | Submitted July 5, 2010

Dr. Woodhouse is great. Very knowledgeable about endocrine system and he takes time to EXPLAIN everything. Very good mix of holistic and traditional meds (he uses what WORKS no matter what that is). Excellent for Thyroid conditions.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2009

Very good about recommending non-prescription cures before prescribing medication

flag | Submitted July 21, 2007

Dr. Walter R. Woodhouse's Credentials

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1978)