I have been a patient of Dr. Taks for over 10 years. He has seen me through some difficult times and has always been compassionate and helpful. I love his honest, down to earth personality. He knows great doctors to refer you to when needed. His staff is top notch. They are very professional and efficient, quick to refill medications or send a referral. Thank you Dr. Tak and Staff!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

Dr Tak is terrible human being who is only after your money. Out of the blue, one day his office asked me to pay upfront for my office visit (my insurance hasn't changed in a decade). There is a surveillance camera in one of his exam rooms (GROSS!!) and unless he can get you hooked on addictive drugs, he doesn't care to help.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

Dr Tak spends his time looking at the computer. He has never touch my body except to listen to my lungs. He did not notice I missed mammograms. When I noticed and went for an exam he did not contact me when they recommended a biopsy. When he got the report he asked to see me in the office = paid office visit. After reading about breast cancer I said, since my husband does not drive that I would prefer to get good or bad news at my home on the phone. He was angry, I guess because he could not bill me. I said if I have cancer I want to learn that at home and not have to drive, if I don't I want to relax and enjoy my birthday tomorrow. His answer: Well I am going to ruin your birthday because you have cancer. I asked him what else the report said and he said "invasive". He had nothing comforting or informative to say. My cancer surgeon assumes I understand the pathology report. I know from the imaging center that there are three sites and I have now to wait three weeks to even learn what I have. This is a cruel and uncaring man.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

Dr. Tak diagnosed my condition as an allergy. I went to an allergist and found out that I have a serious condition, one in which Dr. Tak should have recognized. In addition, rather than write directions for me to OD on allegy medicine on a prescription pad, he wrote it on a pink sticky note. And, after seeing many doctors about my condition, non of them knew Dr. Tak in the medical community. He just wants your money and he isn't a research doctor, problem solver, he's just referrs you out. I also heard he is a "cash" doctor.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

Doctor who doesn't listen and just tells you everything. Very Judgemental and only cares about making you come in for as many appts as possible

flag | Submitted February 23, 2014

I highly recommend Dr. Tak. As a Board Certified hospital administrator I know hundreds of doctors and would not trade Dr. Tak for any other. His diet program is terrific. I lost 70 lbs.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2010

This doctor really sucks. He says what he has to say and does not consider where the patience is coming from. Recommend him to someone you truly hate.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2010

Has a preferred patience list of people willing to pay more per office visit which ensures he will spend more time with you during your visit than patience's that opp out and don't pay the premium office charges.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2010

I chose Dr. Tak because many physicians in the area go to him for service and he was recommended by his peers. The service in the office is excellent and pleasant. His demeanor is one of caring, though he buries himself in his laptop while talking to you. Being in private practice has pros and cons, and I wish there were other experts on staff for some common specialties. He is good about calling in prescriptions by phone. He expresses strong Christian faith values which I like, but others may not. With complicated chronic fatigue / lyme disease, he has not been able to offer relief through traditional medicine. All else, he is an effective internist.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2008

Dr. Tak was recommended to me when my regular Primary Care physician left the office he was in. I am more than happy with the service he has provided, love his personality, and his knowledge of medicine appears to be vast. I like the fact that he cares.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2007

Dr. Andrew J. Tak's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Taks for over 10 years. He has seen me through some difficult times and has always been compassionate and helpful. I love his hon..."

September 18, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr Tak is terrible human being who is only after your money. Out of the blue, one day his office asked me to pay upfront for my office visit (my insurance hasn'..."

July 21, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Tak spends his time looking at the computer. He has never touch my body except to listen to my lungs. He did not notice I missed mammograms. When I noticed a..."

January 15, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Tak diagnosed my condition as an allergy. I went to an allergist and found out that I have a serious condition, one in which Dr. Tak should have recognized...."

October 14, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=114263'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.4

February 5, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Andrew" to "Andrew J."

October 20, 2013