Ratings for Dr. Kristin Hoffman

Staff are inept and rude. They failed to notify us that the doctor was away and when my daughter and I showed up for the appt. lights were on but doors were locked and no one answered the phone. We waited for over an hour and no one showed up or returned my call. No notes on the door stating the doctor was away and their voicemail stated they were open 9am-2pm. I called the next day, same thing no answer left a 2nd voicemail and the following day my call was returned (2 days after the first message I left) The receptionist then proceeds to tell me that I was called with the appt change! YET I had to tell her my name! Then insisted that she had spoken to my daughter with the change...funny thing is that my number is the only contact number so she would have spoken to me . Instead of just admitting she screwed up and apologizing for her error, she blamed us! To have staff that is unprofessional as this makes me wonder what type of doctor would we be seeing. I have never experienced this with any doctor I have had or any of my family has seen. Would not recommend at all.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

I had surgery from Dr. Hoffman and she was great, she talked to me just before the surgery and really made me feel really comfortable and was very reassuring as I was pretty scared because it was my first surgery and it major. I had an ultrasound which showed a very large tumor on my ovary and she was able to do my surgery only a week later! I am very thankful.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

I first saw Dr. Hoffman for a hysterectomy consultation due to a history of cervical adenocarcinoma, and several postpartum day surgeries performed elsewhere, the last of which did not go well at all. Both her and her staff were extremely empathetic and kind. She identified that I was not emotionally "ready" for a hysterectomy and was the first doctor I had seen to address this aspect of the surgery. She thoroughly answered all of my questions regarding my condition and my previous surgeries- it was clear that she had much more experience with the oncology side of gynecology than my previous gynecologist. She recommended a monitoring program for me through the Women's Health Centre at the Foothills hospital in Calgary. In the next few months, I weaned my son and noticed severe monthly cramping with no return of my period. I suspected cervical stenosis due to damage from my last day surgery (cervical cold knife conization) and booked an appointment to see Dr. Hoffman again. She quickly confirmed fluid retention in her office and recommended an abdominal hysterectomy-by now, I was ready. Within 2 weeks, I had my hysterectomy. It went very well despite the challenge of a bladder fused to my uterus and a difficult distinction between uterus and birth canal (apparently, I can't use the "v" word in my rating!) due to all the previous cervical surgeries. I am so thankful that she recommended the abdominal surgery because of these challenges despite the longer recovery period. I found her to be professional and well-engaged in patient care. The hospital staff was amazing. During any follow-up pelvic examines at the Women's Health Centre, I have received positive comments about my vaginal vault-a testament to her surgical skill. I would recommended this doctor and the Medicine Hat hospital without reservation to anybody seeking obgyn/oncology treatment. Thank you Dr. Hoffman, Irene and nursing staff at Medicine Hat hospital!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

Dr. Hoffmann did a hysterectomy on me. Worst experience ever. She has no bedside manner, is rude, and is focused on getting done as quickly as possible. My questions received one word answers and she rarely made eye contact. Thankfully, I am unlikely to ever need to see her again!

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

We took our daughter, who has an intellectual disability to Dr. Hoffman for a consult on birth control. She was informative, but had zero compassion for our situation, she seemed angry at some of our questions and made us feel almost criminal. A situation like this is difficult enough without being treated that way. Her staff was excellent, but would not recommend her for anyone.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

Dr. Hoffman is an amazing doctor and surgeon. She has performed 2 surgeries on me, and was never anything other than professional and courteous.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

Dr Hoffman did my hysterectomy in January 16. She was professional, understanding and in my view, a skilled surgeon. I was out of hospital on day three, skiing by week five and have never felt better, I just wished I'd had this done years ago, even the scar is better than I imagined! The staff were so helpful when I did have a question and Id recommend Dr Hoffman 100%

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

I found out I have cervical cancer from my gyno who referred me to DR. Hoffman the only oncology gyno in Medicine Hat. I had a doctors note and was off work for two weeks which included this appointment doctors note and everything. They refused to give me another appointment and she is the only cancer gyno in Medicine Hat, I cannot get an appointment becauSe I was sick... I'm sorry but the level of unprofessionalism on just trying to make a quick buck really infuriates me. I'm now am going to have to drive to Lethbridge or Calgary because she and her staff cannot accommodate someone who was ill during that date and time.... I would never recommend her ever! Beyond ridiculous! Waste of my time... Dr.Jeffery although not a cancer specialist was the one who found my cancer I'd rather stick with him than going to see this sorry excuse for a gyno... I wonder what happens when she gets sick and can't see her patients hmmmm... By far the most useless Doctor...

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

I had my two previous babies in Edmonton and it was fantastic!!! She delivered my third baby here in Medicine Hat and it was the worst experience I have ever had. I was induced and she basically laughed at my face when I asked her if I could get an epidural. Lacey was the nurse I had and she was just as bad. They broke my water and made we walk for 45 minutes. When I got to the hospital I was already 4 cm. dilated and advised them before I was endured that I wanted an epidural. The doctor told me that she was leaving it upto the nurse to decide when it was appropriate for me to have an epidural. When the pain was getting bad I kept on asking and asking and all the nurse told me was that I was free to move around or change positions to ease labour pain. Then when I told her that I wanted an epidural she said a comment about me having a nice birth drug free. It was time to push I had to wait for the stupid doctor who was home on her break. I started to push and she finally showed up annoyed and was throwing her hands up in the air saying I was pushing wrong. I was humiliated I was crying. I had no energy. She finally got sick and tired grabbed the vacuum and pulled him out. I cried the entire night afterwards. She put him on ny chest. Cleaned herself off and she left. I never saw her again. I think that nurse is an idiot and that doctor shouldn't be a doctor. Worst experience ever. For my fourth child I was going to Lethbridge or Calgary. Never again in Medicine Hat

flag | Submitted January 24, 2016

I didn't have a good experience with the doctor after surgery. I was in a great deal of pain, and her comment to me was that "she was disappointed" with me.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2015