Ratings for Dr. Kristin Hoffman

I'm not pleased with hoffman and if I could go back to before she was my gyno I 100% would! I had a similar experience to others - had an appointment booked, her office rescheduled it. Every single time i went there after the office was empty and closed. Apparently she was on vacation. So I go to emergency 4 times because the IUD she put in me when I was 15!!!!! is seriously wrong and hurting me. Guess what still haven't got ahold of her! Im disgusted by her service!!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2018

Had a similar experience to another commentor - had an appointment booked, her office rescheduled it more than once, and on the day of the appointment the office was empty and closed. Apparently she was on vacation. She would not schedule my appointment after that, so I never got in to see her. I think she may have been against my getting an IUD as a young person, because that seems to be a trend here. Go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2018

She was extremely rude and didn't take the time to answer any of my questions.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

Had an appointment knowone in office, knowone called to tell my appt changed or cancelled.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

Awesome Doctor!Very Confident in her work and it shows!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

I was diagnosed with a big fibroid; after my consult with Dr.Hoffman i was scheduled in within 6 weeks for surgery..I was in the hospital for 3 days she visited every morning..I have nothing but good to say..I was well taken care off..

flag | Submitted November 28, 2017

I have fibroids that are causing me all kinds of issues not to mention I haven't had my period in 2 years. Dr Hoffman was unwilling to help and very rude. She told me not to come see her again as fibroids were not an issue, nor was the fact that I was not bleeding at all. I cannot even be intimate with my husband, I am in pain all the time and now am having complications with my bladder due to these fibroids. Dr Hoffman should be ashamed at her manor. I do not know how people like that become Doctors when they clearly don't want to help their patients. Our health care system is very flawed.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

Staff are inept and rude. They failed to notify us that the doctor was away and when my daughter and I showed up for the appt. lights were on but doors were locked and no one answered the phone. We waited for over an hour and no one showed up or returned my call. No notes on the door stating the doctor was away and their voicemail stated they were open 9am-2pm. I called the next day, same thing no answer left a 2nd voicemail and the following day my call was returned (2 days after the first message I left) The receptionist then proceeds to tell me that I was called with the appt change! YET I had to tell her my name! Then insisted that she had spoken to my daughter with the change...funny thing is that my number is the only contact number so she would have spoken to me . Instead of just admitting she screwed up and apologizing for her error, she blamed us! To have staff that is unprofessional as this makes me wonder what type of doctor would we be seeing. I have never experienced this with any doctor I have had or any of my family has seen. Would not recommend at all.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

I had surgery from Dr. Hoffman and she was great, she talked to me just before the surgery and really made me feel really comfortable and was very reassuring as I was pretty scared because it was my first surgery and it major. I had an ultrasound which showed a very large tumor on my ovary and she was able to do my surgery only a week later! I am very thankful.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

I first saw Dr. Hoffman for a hysterectomy consultation due to a history of cervical adenocarcinoma, and several postpartum day surgeries performed elsewhere, the last of which did not go well at all. Both her and her staff were extremely empathetic and kind. She identified that I was not emotionally "ready" for a hysterectomy and was the first doctor I had seen to address this aspect of the surgery. She thoroughly answered all of my questions regarding my condition and my previous surgeries- it was clear that she had much more experience with the oncology side of gynecology than my previous gynecologist. She recommended a monitoring program for me through the Women's Health Centre at the Foothills hospital in Calgary. In the next few months, I weaned my son and noticed severe monthly cramping with no return of my period. I suspected cervical stenosis due to damage from my last day surgery (cervical cold knife conization) and booked an appointment to see Dr. Hoffman again. She quickly confirmed fluid retention in her office and recommended an abdominal hysterectomy-by now, I was ready. Within 2 weeks, I had my hysterectomy. It went very well despite the challenge of a bladder fused to my uterus and a difficult distinction between uterus and birth canal (apparently, I can't use the "v" word in my rating!) due to all the previous cervical surgeries. I am so thankful that she recommended the abdominal surgery because of these challenges despite the longer recovery period. I found her to be professional and well-engaged in patient care. The hospital staff was amazing. During any follow-up pelvic examines at the Women's Health Centre, I have received positive comments about my vaginal vault-a testament to her surgical skill. I would recommended this doctor and the Medicine Hat hospital without reservation to anybody seeking obgyn/oncology treatment. Thank you Dr. Hoffman, Irene and nursing staff at Medicine Hat hospital!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017