Ratings for Dr. Peter F. Holmes

He is the worst doctor in all aspects. Two shoulder replacements and knee replacements and they still hurt. When asked a question, he walked out of the visit and didn't end visit with common decency. Go somewhere else, I'm not sure he cares and I'm not really certain he does his best job on everyone, just enough to get by. He sure does make sure it's all billed correctly though. Plenty of better doctors to select from.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2017

After years of pain, I was finally at my wits end. When I met with Dr. Holmes, he provided all the information I needed and stated the next step was surgery. In 2015, Dr. Holmes did a left hip replacement on me. In 2016, the pain was so bad in my right hip, that surgery was done eight months after the left. I have also just had a total right knee replacement done. Delivering information about needing so much correction cant be easy. Dr. Holmes has always made me feel like a person, patient and that the I have all the information I needed before making a decision. I am very appreciative of Dr. Holmes, his staff and the hospital.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

Dr. Peter Holmes did an amazing job! He replaced my hip a year ago and because of him I have my life back. Dr. Holmes is very knowledgeable and is good at what he does. The Methodist Ambulatory Surgical Hospital was great hospital and the staff was professional and caring. Dr. Holmes is a very kind, professional Christian man. He has also performed surgery on my family and friends and we all agree he is the best!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Can we give him a 10 vs. only a 5? Dr Holmes has replaced both my husband's knees, now a hip; both my mother's knees, and a hip; both of my sister's knees. Not one of the three has had any complications or negative repercussions. He even helped us get my mother to a neurologist to uncover another illness she suffers from. He is very matter of fact, hides nothing from you, and yet listens to you as a patient and a family member. I also saw him offer us his cell umber in case we had any issues after being discharged from the hospital. How many doctors do that?!! I also admire that he donates time to high schools and their athletes and works to raise monies to fund surgery expenses in local hospital and donates his services. He truly is a humanitarian who gives back! He is awesome and I don't recommend doctors very often! He also works diligently to avoid infections during surgery. That's a plus in this day and time.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

Poor, rude. and just bad bedside manners, unless you catch him on a good day. It is not real. Good luck if he operates on you, If you have a poor outcome, he blames it on you. Any complications and you are out of luck!!!

flag | Submitted December 25, 2015

Rude, arrogant. Good surgeon, bedside manner...pitiful.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

Same as other negative responses. Arrogant and rude with his apparently signature, "well don't get better then" Did not even ask about medical history, so he bases everything on a couple xrays. If you ask for further explanation, he walks out and makes snark comments under his breath. Very unprofessional and uncaring and downright mean. Don't waste your money or time.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2015

I had two knee replaced job well done.....feeling good

flag | Submitted August 3, 2015

I waited until I couldn't walk and then some. 6 weeks out from my 2nd knee surgery with Dr. Holmes, a patient of his asked me about my experience. As a LARGE woman, I freely say that Dr. Holmes and my new knees have allowed me to live large and take charge of my future. Don't delay. Set the surgery date today! Walk confidently into your future; don't deny your potential to enjoy your daily activities.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

I had my right knee replaced several years ago, with some problems with another surgeon. Dr. Holmes listened to my concerns and fears, answered all my questions and calmed my fears. I had my surgery seven weeks ago, doing great. Best surgery ever my pain was controllable and up walking that afternoon.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

Dr. Peter F. Holmes's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston (Grad. 1981)