Ratings for Dr. Gary B. Hanfling

I have been a patient if Dr Hanfling for many years. He has always had a wonderful bedside manner and his staff is fantastic. They are on top of everything and if you need explanations for any procedure they are there to help you. Dr. Hanfling has a terrific personality and although he approaches every procedure with a great degree of caution he is very upfront with explaining why he’s doing something or why he won’t do it. He always puts a smile on my face and he is a very caring doctor. I would highly recommend him as a gastroenterologist.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2019

I work for an agency with disable adults and this office really surprised me when I wanted to make an appt and the receptionist had the nerve to ask if they have behaviors, do they sit still or in wheel chairs, are they high function and also saying that they only take them during certain times of the day because the Dr. doesn't want the disable patients to interfere with his normal patience's. They will not get our service or reference

Submitted January 12, 2015

When I googled him just now I saw that the first thing was a 60% rating...I think that is 1000% off from what he is really as a physician. Frankly, I am in my 30's now and have saw the doctor since I was 21 years old. I have been to 7 different gastro's throughout my bouts with ulcerative colitis and diverticulitis and he is the most knowledgeable and straight forward of them all. Every PCP that I've had knows who he is and change their referral towards his practice (because my doctors immediately refer their buddies rather than great doctors). He's helped me through every crisis and has always gotten back to me, sometimes late at night, just to see how I am doing. That is care that I'm sure 99% of you have ever experienced. I'll sum it up for all of you: DR. GARY HANFLING - AN UNQUESTIONABLE 10 OUT OF 10 (Side note: Staff is amazing...utterly amazing!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2012

You could not find a better doctor and staff. Wish all doctors could be as wonderful as Dr. Hanfling. Very rare indeed. His staff is top notch and they follow up asap. Bless you Gary.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2011

Extremely caring and thoughtful doctor and staff. Both the doctor and his staff couldn't do enough for me and gave me the best care.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2007

Dr. Gary B. Hanfling's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 1979)