Ratings for Dr. Carl Peters

Recently, after having an eye examination by my Optometrist it was discovered that I had a possible torn retina in my left eye. my Optometrist , thankfully, referred me to Dr. Carl Peters who was able to take me for treatment that same day on short notice. His staff and he were exemplary in dealing with me and my problem. Dr. Peters preformed laser surgery immediately to correct this tear and explained the follow ups very professionally . A bad situation was corrected as soon as possible by Dr. Peters and his staff. Thank you.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

It is exactly 2 years since Peters performed cataract surgery on both of my eyes. While they were supposed to be healing, I acquired a detached retina which required me to go to Kamloops and have emergency surgery on. Apparantely, I must have really bad luck because only 1% of cataract patients develop a detached retina right after surgery. Aside from being non-chalanat about all my experiences, he is a rude, arrogant man and his staff is unfriendly and severely need a course in dealin with patients. I cannot begin to tell you the pain, migraines, loss of life quaility that this quack has caused me, and I'm not the only one. His "methods" run like a production factory. A turnstile, if you will. people are in and out, and to Hell with any form of PROPER follow-up treatment. I have registered a complaint against him with the B.C. Medical Association, and I implore anyone reading this: FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR. He has literally, ruinied my life. I have lived with this pain and suffering for 2 years now, while he continues on his merry way. DO NOT SUBJECT YOURSELF TO THIS MAN'S "MILL".

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

Dr. Peters and his Staff are among the best in Canada! I have been involved in many Medical Facilities, as part of my work. Not only is Dr. Peters the most knowledgeable in his field of work, but has the personality to go along with it. Having been a patient of his for many years, it is comforting knowing that I am getting the best up-to-date treatments possible. Eyesight is extremely important to everyone. His professionalism is first-rate! We are truly blessed to have him in our small community.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

Staff were not very nice and did not take the time to answer my questions. Dr. Peters was also very short with me. Not happy with my appointment!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Had cataract surgery in both eyes a few years ago. Chose the wrong type of lens, as I had lasik surgery in the '80's. Probably at a time it wasn't perfected like it is nowadays. In hindsight the doctor should have assisted with the decision, as to what lens to install., but he left it up to me. My eyesight is worse than ever! Huge mistake. And apparently if i went in for a repair it may make it even worse.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2016

I had to return to Dr. Peters to have cataract surgery done on my right eye this time. As usual Dr. Peters was excellent! The girls in his office are very kind and very caring! The staff at the summerland hospital also made me feel very comfortable. The outcome of my surgery was better than I expected!! Thank you to all the staff for your hard work and attention to detail! :)

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

First impressions might be lasting, but they are not always accurate. I first met Dr. Peters when I needed cataract surgery. I had major problems with the left eye, and Dr. Peters didn't hesitate to get it seen to immediately. I had to go to Kamloops to get it operated on. I am still going through problems, but Dr. Peters has assured me this is normal after surgery. I find Dr. Peters to be helpful, insightful and not aloof - just calm . There is a huge different between arrogance and confidence and Dr. Peters is a very skilled, able doctor who has helped me tremendously. A nice man, it is always a pleasure to deal with him. Excellent staff as well!!!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

I had cataract surgery done on my left eye. I am very happy with the outcome. My vision is excellent. Dr. Peters was recommended to me by a friend whom also had cataract surgery and was very impressed. Dr. Peters staff is also amazing! Very organized and a very friendly office. Thank you Dr. Peters!!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

Staff is standard but not overly attentive. Called with questions and specific requests regarding my surgery but did not get a response. Not the service I expected when dealing with people's eyes. Dr Peters is a nice man, but seems to rush you through the door.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

I am very thankful Dr Peters took me on as a patient after being refused by my previous ophtho I had been seeing since 2003 for diabetes.! Very kind and reassuring doctor with amazing staff! Well worth the wait and recommended him to my friends and family.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014