Ratings for Dr. R. Allison Ryan

Awful. Overbilled me. Very cold, distant, and condescending. Awful manner. Should not work directly with people. I am switching to a better physician.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2012

found her to be lacking knowledge, told me to "quit my job" over an episode ( diagnosed wrong disease) I had 15 years ago..I quit her instead and never had a problem since!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2011

I have taken my mother-in-law, who has Parkinsons, to see Dr. Ryan several times. She does not have the best beside manner (unfriendly) and is condescending. My MIL feels she can't even ask questions. Never evalutes MIL by doing simple tests (balancing and gait) that other docs have done. I guess she thinks just by watching her walk into the office, that is enough and adjusts her meds from that. Always a long wait. My MIL feels she "knows her stuff" but I would head to Boston if you have any serious neurological issues. She got the best care at Mass General and doctors were caring.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

Dr. Ryan was concerned and helpful to me although she has a subdued manner. I did not find her to be condescending or rude at all. She took time to do a thorough evaluation and was knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2011

I didn't feel comfortable with this doctor, as I found her patient relationship skills to be lacking. At times she came across as condescending; at other times just going through the motions. I won't go to her again.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2010

Very rude and condescending. She didn't give any options for treatment except one. And it was so drastic and unneccesary I left and never went back. Tries to twist what you say and change it. Find a diff. Dr.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Doctor was very informative and encouraged me to do research on my condition. Not a big hand-holder, but seems to be supportive. Offered a range of treatments from some slightly alternative stuff to more conventional mainstream stuff, discussed pros and cons. Seems to have pretty good creative problem solving skills, which is essential in a neurologist.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2007

cold ,uncommunicative, not helpful for solution ,first words at the front desk were "do you have your co-pay" not good morning or how are you

flag | Submitted July 20, 2007

Dr. R. Allison Ryan's Credentials

• Univ Of Ca, San Diego, Sch Of Med, La Jolla Ca 92093 (Grad. 1980)