Ratings for Dr. Mark D. Fossey

I liked Dr. Fossey, he may be a bit absent minded at times but so am I. He see's many patients and sometimes he runs behind but I believe that is actually the schedulers fault, because all the doctors in the St Francis network are always behind probably due to over-booking the doctor. I don't mind waiting on him because he always addresses/asks about my mental/emotional state. I have seen him for the last 7 years and now have to find a new doc because he has moved to the VA. :( They are lucky to have him he is a great doctor!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013

Wonderful doctor! I defiantly recommend him! Don't let the negative statements on this site ruin the chances of being able to experience a superb doctor. He is very caring, excellent listening skills, respectful ,genial, and overall a really nice person. When diagnosing me, he was very professional. Experience him for yourself, you will not be disappointed! The negative, on appointment date, sometimes you are in the waiting room for about 15 minutes. Honestly, he is well worth the wait.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2012

will give out pills to anyone with money, even if they are addicts and he's made aware of it

flag | Submitted February 28, 2012

Third visit: staff said he was running 45 min. behind. I asked why they didn't call to let me know. They said they don't do that. I sat down, chatted w/2 of his other patients. They said this is the norm for him. Also said he doesn't take time to counsel or ask probing questions. I agreed with them on that. He strikes me as the absent-minded professor, losing his pen on his desk, looking for paper to write on. Very unprepared, very unprofessional. I am not impressed. I will find another doctor who will actually treat my problems instead of just applying a medication-based bandaid. I do not recommend this man to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2011

great doctor;works to make appointments affordable.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2010

Dr. Fossey, nor his staff return calls. I truly believe his staff is to blame for most of the above. Dr. Fossey cannot remember what you said to him 30 seconds after you have said it. Every time I get a script from him it is wrong such as quantity, mg, signing script and returning pharmacy calls.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2010

Excellent. Talented. Very dedicated and caring. You'd be in good hands.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2009

I've seen about 9 psychiatrists in the past decade and he was absolutely number 1 in my list. After reviewing my situation he even asked me if I was able to afford $15 to possibly waive that charge. He is like a radar, asking me the right questions after I answered the previous ones, for things I would never speak up about or forgot to mention. During the process, I would not count the fact that he had no emotion until after the diagnostic interview; I believe this is purposefully done so that the psychiatrist's emotion does not affect the mood of the patient, otherwise most psychiatrists have no social skills whatsoever. It was an extremely memorable appointment. Too bad I don't live in Tulsa anymore, nor do I know whether he accepts patients at all. He is a very helpful, compassionate, and knowledgeable man.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2007

Dr. Mark D. Fossey's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)