Ratings for Dr. G. Fisher

She's been the best GP I've had since childhood, highly recommended. Clinic is pretty busy though!

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Dr. Fisher is the best doctor I met in Canada in 25 years. Very professional, kind and respectful.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

Dr Fisher is kind, pleasant and knowledgeable. So are her staff. If you prefer a female doctor and you don't have an appointment, she's great.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

EXCELLENT DOCTOR! RESPECTFUL OF ALL PERSONS! Nothing but great things to say. I feel important.. and always follows up as needs and keeps me in tip top shape :)!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

she is busier than a one armed paper hanger!So its a pretty in and out visit with a half hour wait usually.She serves a constant stream of drop ins.All in all I am happy

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

She doesn't share knowledge, she alreadys been assuming , made conclusion in three minutes, she's saying she's not my Dr. - I said a patient waits in pain , the Doctor is a drive tru mind eraser. Why Go back? Trustworthy.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

Interesting to see that one of the previous commenters mentioned that Dr. Fisher mumbled about not treating chronic pain. I am in my early twenties and have chronic pain that at its worst is debilitating. After trying numerous alternative therapies and having visited this clinic many times, I am immensely frustrated with Dr. Fisher's lack of understanding. She jumped to conclusions about the cause, conclusions that another Dr. I consulted told me she could not have diagnosed from the available information (an x-ray). She reiterated an alternative treatment that I had already tried, as though she did not believe me. It was obvious she didn't want me in the room (after I'd waited over an hour in the clinic), rushing me out and she started out the door while I was in the middle of asking questions. I know some patients come into the clinic for little or inconsequential problems, and I know that is annoying and taxing on Doctors, but I am in a lot of pain and becoming hopeless. However - mine is not the case. Looking for a new clinic now.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

Great doctor, took charge of my health when no one else was. The results weren't exactly what I had hoped to find out. I have to say I felt say knowing she was looking after me

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

I trust Gillian. She has done wonders for my blood pressure.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2014

Both times I have seen Dr. Fisher at Commercial Med Clinic I have been thoroughly disappointed. The first time I went in to ask about a cold - I was having pain in my ear and throat and I thought it may have been a sinus infection as a woman I worked with had one recently with the same symptoms. She said is was probably a virus and that was it. Very rushed, and her demeanor was very cold, harsh and rude. I definitely felt like she judged the way I looked the moment I went in (I live and work on Commercial Drive; one would think she'd be used to individual styles by now). The second time was a follow up from a car accident I was in. I was hit by a car on my bike (no fault of my own, he ran a red), and I told her this as soon as she came in. I told her I was looking to get Xrays to find out the extent of the damage and she just got extremely defensive about it, telling me (in a VERY rude manner) that Xrays are radiation (yes I know) and she wouldn't just give me a form. I wasn't asking for that, I wanted her opinion on what she thought I needed. She asked me to lie down and I did so, very slowly and painfully with no help from her. She CRANKED my bad knee so badly ("does that hurt?" YES OF COURSE I THINK IT'S FRACTURED LADY!) I was in tears when I left. I know they need to test it out but the way she did it was like I was a machine, not a human. One of the WORST bedside manners I've ever experienced, I will never see her again. I've seen other doctors at Commercial Med Clinic and they've been wonderful.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014