Ratings for Dr. Jesus Hernandez

Went to this doctor by referral from my gp for horrible shooting pain. When he walked in the room he made a diagnoses of Fibromyalgia before even examining me. I knew I did not have this. Refused to test me for anything else. Even with me begging for blood work. Even told little lies to support his diagnoses...like telling me since my Mom has Fibromyalgia, then I have it. And other little lies. Finally he could tell I was not expecting that diagnoses and attempted to test "pressure points", which I had none. Still insisted I had Fibro and refused blood work. The finally said "I tell you what, I will send you for a bone scan and when it comes back ok, we will start treating you for Fibro." Next day I ran a high fever and went to ER, who referred me to a different Rhuemy. And guess what Dr. Hernandez?? I have Lupus! Guess what else? Blood work (that you refused to do) diagnosed it!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2010

I had a bad humiliating experience with the staff and then with the dr. I was referred by my gp because I moved from another town. The rheumatologist I had moved to far for me to see. I have arthritis in numerous joints and had been prescribed a narcotic pain med from other rheumy. The only thing he said is that he would not prescribe me pain medicine. He never examined me or looked at any of the records I provided. I had 32 xray views that showed I had multiple joint involvement. He did not bother to look at them. Not only that his staff was unprofessional and rude.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2009

did not get any help only blood work two or three tnot a good experienceimes after already having it the same day no help at all

flag | Submitted March 1, 2009

Dr. Hernandez is an amazing physician who really takes time for the patient. He listens and is very knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend him to anyone I know in need of a rheumatologist.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2009

He is awful he doesnt listen to you. He has your diagnoses before he ever comes in the room.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2008

Actually listens to concerns, not judgemental, understanding.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2007

Dr. showed no concern about my husband's debilitating pain and gave no encouragement that he could or would help. He began by telling us that my husband could not possibly have gout in his shoulders - although he had been diagnosed in London by a top specialist - and millions of internet sites list it as a symptom. Then he listed other things it might be,leaving us with the sense that he needed to just learn to live with it as the treatment would be worse than what he has now. The worst thing was that my husband left both discouraged and scared. And still in debilitating pain. But we go back in 10 days!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2007

He is a rheumatologist. He says he treats fibromyalgia.This doctor was absolutely worthless. If rheumatologist dislike fibromyalgia so bad the insurance companies should not waste money to pay them.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2007

Dr. Jesus Hernandez's Credentials

• Univ De Salamanca, Fac De Med, Salamanca, Spain (Grad. 1990)