Ratings for Dr. Ann Chiu

Dr Chiu is fantastic. Being treated for dry eye with IPL, a problem I have been battling for 25 yrs, first time in her office she walked me thru what was going on, showed video, gave me written handout - more information than I had received from any other Dr. in the city! She is the best and we are fortunate to have her in the city.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2018

Has no bedside manners. Very rude and zero patience. Doesn’t explain anything. She is a business woman not a compassionate caring doctor. Would not recommend!!!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2018

I was referred to Doctor Chiu because Doctor Tayfour was out of the country. I had a very high eye pressure exacerbated by using steroid eye drops for dry, irritated eyes. Doctor Chiu reassured me that my eye pressure would not render me blind by performing a multitude of tests, explaining that I had experienced a reaction to optical steroids. She proceeded to help me resolve the discomfort I had been experiencing for a few years by teaching me and prescribing medicine to care for my condition. I have never been so thoroughly examined and cared for. Despite being extremely busy she helped me enormously.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2018

I have had cataract surgery in April 2017 Dr Chiu made a mistake during the proceedings .A childish mistake she recognized right after and send me after 3days to Dr Curran Since than I m having problems (high pressure,macular Edema) I never will recommend this person to anyone Never be impressed and thrust her knowledge??!! Mihaela U

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

Very hard to phone her office and mailbox is full all the time. Waiting time is too long.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2017

She is a Fraud...She does not know anything...anything she prescribed does not work

flag | Submitted October 14, 2017

I can't say enough great things about Dr. Chiu. She performed a cornea transplant on my son in one eye with great success. She also performed the cross linking procedure on his other eye. She is extremely skilled and intelligent. His vision is amazing now. She was informative and professional. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

Dr. Chiu has to be the most uninformed doctor I have ever met. She came into my appt with her own opinion of my condition, not medical proof. Kept blaming it in everything else other than my condition. Horrible woman.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

The wait time is a bit long but she is a specialist that sees many patients. She is so intelligent knows everything about the body not just the eyes! I have already recommended her to family members.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

We had a horrible experience. The highlights include that she referred to my daughter as "he" the whole time, asked if there was a genetic disorder in the family based on my husbands looks, diagnosed the condition without examining the eye, indicated that a genetic syndrome may develop later on, gave zero symptoms to watch for to know if the condition was getting worse (just said "you'll know"), kept asking if we thought developments were "normal", looked at our child and said, "she appears normal, maybe something wrong with the right side of her face, but I'm sure it's nothing to worry about." I could continue, but I think my point is made. While she may be intelligent, her bedside manner was atrocious. This was all in reference to my 11 week old child and delivered in less than 10 minutes. I walked out of the appointment speechless, full of questions and doubt, and overwhelmed with emotion.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017