Ratings for Dr. Ann Chiu

Dr. Chiu has to be the most uninformed doctor I have ever met. She came into my appt with her own opinion of my condition, not medical proof. Kept blaming it in everything else other than my condition. Horrible woman.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

The wait time is a bit long but she is a specialist that sees many patients. She is so intelligent knows everything about the body not just the eyes! I have already recommended her to family members.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

We had a horrible experience. The highlights include that she referred to my daughter as "he" the whole time, asked if there was a genetic disorder in the family based on my husbands looks, diagnosed the condition without examining the eye, indicated that a genetic syndrome may develop later on, gave zero symptoms to watch for to know if the condition was getting worse (just said "you'll know"), kept asking if we thought developments were "normal", looked at our child and said, "she appears normal, maybe something wrong with the right side of her face, but I'm sure it's nothing to worry about." I could continue, but I think my point is made. While she may be intelligent, her bedside manner was atrocious. This was all in reference to my 11 week old child and delivered in less than 10 minutes. I walked out of the appointment speechless, full of questions and doubt, and overwhelmed with emotion.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

I just recently had a chalazion removed from my right lower lid and she did an AMAZING job! Her girls are very kind and helpful as they explain how to treat dry eyes and avoid having another chalazion! Definitely will recommend dr chiu and staff to anyone that needs an opthamologist!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

Dr Chiu is very intelligent, professional and polite. She is very thorough, she spends time with her patients doesn't rush, explains in detail so you know and understand your problem and if surgery is required all that it entails. As for wait times, where doesn't one have to wait anymore? I definitely recommend Dr Chiu as the go to Opthamologist.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

Dr chiu is amazing... she really knows her stuff... she explains it in a way you actually understand! Wait times are a bit long but she is DEFINITELY worth seeing! Thank you Dr Chiu

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

avoid very rude and her staff even worse I will not recommend Dr. Chiu

flag | Submitted November 6, 2016

Dr. Ann Chiu is one of the best doctor I have seen in my life. She pays attention to every detail. She is polite, courteous and knowledgeable. My first Cornea transplant in London had failed by another doctor. She did the miracle of a successful transplant. She is so dedicated that she works late hours.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

Dr. Chiu is a wonderful opthalmologist and an asset to Windsor. Her extensive training and competence is complemented by a caring personality. She takes the time to educate patients and she is very thorough in examining and treating patients. As for the office staff or being on time, I think we expect too much from a broken system. Doctors aren't always responsible for malfunctions.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

Very knowledgeable however speaks to her patients like they are simpletons. Her office felt like an assembly line with being shuffled from room to room for tests and to watch videos. When I scheduled an appt I was told it was for a test only and did not need to see her. I had to reschedule via phone and was told by the receptionist that I had to meet with De Chiu. I asked how long I would be there and was told at least an hour. I took off extra time for work to accommodate the appt. When I attended my appt, I had my test done in less than 15-minutes. When I indicated I was to see Dr Chiu I was told she was "too far behind" and wouldn't be seeing me that day. Apparently my time is not as important as hers. Very unprofessional. The office's lack of ability to schedule appts appropriately and Dr Chiu's difficulty in staying on time with patients is not my doing. I have not been back to date.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015