Ratings for Dr. Anu Kothari

One of the worst doctor I have ever seen in my life, very unprofessional, greedy for money, she will make u do so many unnecessary exams just to make money.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

I had the worst experience with this doctor, I would recommend her at all. Please don’t make same mistake that I made.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

Possibly one of the worst experiences I've ever had with a doctor. Highly unprofessional. I'm 24 years old and when asked if I was sexually active, she went further to ask if my parents knew about my sexual activity before marriage. She then proceeded to ask when I would be getting married. And the only blood test she recommended was an STD screening. The most ridiculous, disheartening experience I've ever had.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

I made my first appointment with her and she was willing to see me at 25 weeks..... I told the staff I'll be 26 weeks by the time I see her and they said it's ok. After waiting for 3-4 hours, she tells me she can't see me because I'm too far in pregnancy. I just wanted to cry!!!! The WORST experience ever!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

I had Myomectomy done by her back in 2012. Two months later, I had Same 7-8 CM fibroid on the same spot. She never got this removed. I would have to go under surgery again. She was not capable of doing the surgery. I was stupid enough to not get a second opinion. MY suggestion to all ladies out there suffering from Fibroids, Do n't go to this doctor and also do your research first. Don't just really on one doctor. Most of the time when procedure is done by inexperienced doctors they leave the fibroid inside there because they get nervous. In my case it took her 3-4 hours to perform the procedure. There was tremendous blood loss. I assume she got scared during surgery that she will remove my uterus so she left it. She never got the testing done to know the exact location of the fibroid. It was just general sonogram. Have your procedure done by surgeon who is a Uterus Fibroid Specialist please...

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

I go to her in the Jackson Heights office which is Very Busy. Expect to be there for a few hours the least if you are a late comer like me. The staff is always very nice and caring. The first time I went to speak to her, I got a pap smear for the first time and she was very understanding and told me how it would feel. Yes the doctors do tell you to change in front of them, but they don't make you feel weird about it, they turn away or do paperwork. I spoke to her about birth control and I believe she could have been more informative in regards to that, but either than that she is okay. She is very to the point, she can be a little more confidential when it comes to results, such as when I found out I was pregnant, she told the staff member that was to make my follow up appointment that I wasn't sure if I was keeping it, but she said it in a regular toned voice. so that pretty much any one who was there could hear. They weren't weird about it out or anything, the staff member gave me his card and told me if i needed to speak to him to call him directly for any information.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

At first she was rude and mean.....she got better but when its busy they treat you horrible. They just want to get you in and out. She seems knowledgeable but she doesnt take time to explain procedures and the prognosis. I'm sorry to say but I think she pays more interest to people of her race.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2013

Dr. Kothari used to be my GYN. She delivered 2 of my daughters and was there through the entire pre-natal care. She was great. I went to her for a few years until I moved too far to continue visiting her. I believe you just have to warm up to her. She can be a little cold when you first meet her but all it takes is some conversation on your behalf and she just goes with the flow. She made me laugh on many of my visits and I made her laugh too. She was my #1 GYN ever. Shes very real, not fake. She is who she is.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013

My bad experience is too long to actually write it in a 1000 characters what I can say is that this doctor needs to be more professional and respect the privacy of her patients and stop discussing their information in front of other patients. Why would you make fun of someone that decided against a c-section? Why wont you give the privacy to your patients to get change from their clothes into a gown instead of telling them to take off their pants in front of you? You and your staff need to be more professional while tending to patients and what upset me the most if Im telling you and your staff I'm in your office for prenatal care why would 3 people including Dr Kothari ask me if Im keeping the baby?! Hello!!! I said PRENATAL CARE!!! I'm never going back to this doctor and I shouldve read all the other reviews before even making an appt.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2012

Dr. Kothari was very professional, kind, patient and caring. I am an older mom and Dr. Kothari was very helpful and always there when I needed her. I had no worries and when she sent me to the hospital, she made sure I was well taken care of. She came to the hospital every evening and made sure her assistant kept an eye on me. I have and will continue to recommend her to others in need of an ob/gyn. She will always have my thanks and gratitude, her a terrific pregency and birth experience.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2011

Dr. Anu Kothari's Credentials

• Kgs Med Coll, Univ Of Lucknow, Lucknow, Up, India (Grad. 1975)