Ratings for Dr. A. Jovaisas

I read the reviews but I wanted to give Dr Jovaisas the benefit of the doubt, but all the reviews were bang on. He was rude the minute I walked in the room. He wanted nothing to do with me. He didn't care about anything that I said, and he just brushed me off every time I opened my mouth. I have never been treated so badly by anyone in the medical profession. How this doctor is still practising, baffles me. However, I do want to point out that his receptionist was very nice, I feel bad that she has to work with such a miserable person. Please, if you get a referral for him, change it, don't even waste your time.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

I had a horrible experience with this doctor. He made me give up on any hope of a treatment and I was only 21 years old at the time.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

Waited almost 6 months for the appointment, which then lasted about 7 minutes. Clearly, doc was not interested, concluded in the first 3 minutes that I had fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis. Gave me 2 brand-name prescriptions with "no substitution" notes on them. (Obviously looking for the big pharma bonus.) Barely addressed my questions and concerns. Dismissive and cranky man. Really, this is a specialist????

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

I was referred to this doctor a couple of weeks ago by my MD because I suffer with arthritis. I find Dr. A. Jovaisas excellent. He is courteous, very professional and knowledgeable. He runs a very professional paper free practice. I strongly recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Comments are always appreciated, and I would like to note that Dr. Jovaisas' receptionist of 28 years retired in December 2015. There have been many changes since.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

I've seen him recently and a few years ago if it wasn't for him I'd be completely comused as to what was going on with me. He's taken the time to sit and listen look at my chart and order further testing . Finally after years of wondering what was happening I'm. Closer to getting answers he given me the proper medication and had made sure I didn't have to suffer anymore . The lady at the front was amaxing and helped me coordinate paperwork with my family docord office. I am grateful for dr jervasais extremely happy to have been able to be seen by him so quickly and for his help in my diagnosis

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

I'm actually very surprised at the comments on here I saw him first in 2007 and at the time he was honest with me and my family doctor and said that he had an idea of what the issues were but he couldn't confirm at the time now in 2016 I have gotten worse and he's agreed to see me again I had the office call me to make an appointment I had no issues being able to schedule an appointment to see him also I do agree he's not the type of doctor that wants to do small chat he's there to do his job and I'll meet you the one thing that I noticed on here is that people are saying that he hasn't been helpful but in reality as a rheumatologist his job is to figure out add diagnosis related to his field if he believes that it's not Rheumatology related he will be honest with you and tell you that he's not able to help you which was the case for me in 2007 I didn't get offended by it I was actually pleased that he was honest with me and told me that it wasn't something he was able to help me with so for everyone that says that he wasn't able to help them it might be the case in a few instances but I can't see that being the case and all of them if you have an illness that is not related to his specialty he's going to be blunt and honest with you and tell you that he can treat you you then go back to your family doctor and get referred to the right specialist whether it be a neurologist or a chronic pain specialist also I think most patients that go to Rheumatology Clinic automatically assume that the doctor and they see for their diagnosis is going to treat them afterwards which is not how it works he's there to tell you what he thinks is going on and then from there he will tell you what he thinks needs to be done in order to address the issues and if it's not something he's comfortable in treating he will ask you to go see another doctor that specializes in that specific illness which is the case with me so I honestly would not go by the ratings on here because I do not agree with a lot of what has been said and I don't think it's fair to him just because you referred to a specialist doesn't mean he's going to treat you

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

I feel badly for the reviewers here who have had a poor experience with Dr. Jovaisas. I'm not sure if we could possibly be speaking about the same doctor. I believe he has moved and that his nurse/receptionist is new. There were no signs about not tearing magazines -- I was greeted warmly and the entire atmosphere in the waiting room was one of compassion and good humour. Doctor Jovaisas also greeted me warmly, making sure I was comfortable before proceeding with the exam. He asked relevant questions, gave me a physical exam and ordered appropriate tests. He took the time to talk to me, read my file and truly listen. He prescribed appropriate medication, making certain there were no contraindications or allergies. After taking more time with me than any other Rheumatologist has, he discussed possible treatments making sure that I understood the process and exactly what would happen with each option. Consider yourself fortunate if you get to see this doctor for any of your health issues. In my opinion he is absolutely among the very best and his staff is first-rate.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

I was not impressed with Dr. Jovaisas nor his staff. I dislike how he cancels appointments and has them rescheduled, with no concern about the patient and their schedule. I returned specifically from vacation to see him in May, only to have a phone call to say he would not be in on the day scheduled and I was rescheduled for July. Is my time not as important as his? Very disrespectful. I did not feel good about any visits with him, he not once examined me from the day I met him. You are ushered in and out like cattle. He is too quick with the prescription pad. As for his secretary/office worker, she is just plain aggressive and rude. Have found another Rheumatologist that I really like, who examined me on day one. I want a doctor who shows an interest in me as a person and has compassion. I don't want to be part of a production line. No more Dr. Jovaisas for me, a complete waste of my time.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

Unlike many of the comments posted here i found Dr Jovaisas to be very good and knowlegable. I never had an issue with any if my appointments, easy to book them, always on time, they were never cancelled....except for the fact that a Rheumotologist has come closer to where i live i would have remainded with him. For anybody looking for a Rheumotologist in Ottawa i would recommend Dr Jovaisas.......thank you for the excellent care you gave me

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015