Ratings for Dr. A. Jovaisas

I have seem him three times. He is always nice. He got me of off prednisone after I was misdiagnosed. He asked me a lot of questions and seemed to really care. If it wasn't for him I'd still be taking prednisone for no reason.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

Worst specialist I've ever seen waited to see him to get a diagnosis sent by my family Dr. He sent me for a million xrays and blood work that wasn't covered under Ohip never even took 2 minutes to examine me only read my file once i was there sent a report back to my go stating that what ever he believed I had that was it and on his report clearly stated that he supported only decisions make by pfizer funny enough my gp looked into it bad he's is sponsored by them medicationhe wanted me to take there ones I had tried in the past and clearly indicated that they were not meant for the illness that he said I had to completely useless visits and still no diagnosis my GP sent me there in hopes of getting a diagnosis on paper instead he just said that he agreed with my family doctor so my family doctor and myself don't understand why I even went to see him he wasn't willing to help was not willing to listen my symptoms have gotten much worse my family doctor put me on a specific medication meant for something completely different than what they originally thought I was and it actually helped and he kept saying that it was impossible so what I'm wondering is if he is sponsored by this pharmaceutical company and he's obviously not ashamed of it how is he giving Affair diagnosis to anyone because he's clearly only going to prescribe medications made by this company which in the end could be more harmful to the patient he needs to take the time to look at people's files before they get there and actually take time I would have to visit to examine the patient especially when that patient has fingers and toes that are starting to be crooked extremely swollen joints which are very noticeable to the I even a doctor could see that he doesn't seem to care about giving diagnosis at all only seems to care about making money from the prescriptions he gives out try to call his office multiple times after seeing him the second time to explain to them that I cannot take the medication he had prescribed no one ever gets back to me and then when I finally got ahold of someone was told to go back and see my family doctor this doctor is definitely not practicing to help people which is very unfortunate because there's a huge lack of rheumatologist in the area and so many people need a diagnosis but if you're expecting one from him it's a complete waste of time trying to find another doctor or even go out of town and pay out of pocket because you'll wait for months to see him and he's not going to help you

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

I saw dr Jovaisis about 2 years ago at his Carling Office. (i guess his office has moved since) I went in suffering from years of random joint pain. He never even looked at my old test results i brought in. As soon as i said i had tested positive for Anti nuclear A and B markers he went on a rant about how useless the test was and that he was fighting to get it removed from the system as it was a waste of medical dollars. After his lecture on how useless this test was he still never looked at my file, and said he couldnt help me. Then i asked him what to do about my frequent pain and he said i would likely live my life on nsaids (IBU profin, aleve etc) Believe i have been using them for years but that is not a solution to the problem. Two weeks ago i finally got a diagnosis and i have Lyme disease. I don't blame him for not diagnosing me as very few doctors in Canada are Lyme literate but he didn't try and told me to live on anti-inflamatories......for that i give him a one star.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

Receptionist was pleasant. Doctor was rude, abrupt, I couldn't get a word in edge wise. He spent all of 7-10 minutes max with me and went to prescription drugs within 5 minutes or so despite saying that I don't have any of the conditions he specializes in. He showed no interest in taking any time to understand my symptoms and I was rushed out with no clear answers. If you can avoid this doctor I would suggest you do a little reserve and ask to be referred to a doctor with a better track record for patient care.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

The Dr was clear in saying that my case is not within his specialty, so he refereed me to a neurologist. No follow up on referral to that other specialist?

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

I read the reviews but I wanted to give Dr Jovaisas the benefit of the doubt, but all the reviews were bang on. He was rude the minute I walked in the room. He wanted nothing to do with me. He didn't care about anything that I said, and he just brushed me off every time I opened my mouth. I have never been treated so badly by anyone in the medical profession. How this doctor is still practising, baffles me. However, I do want to point out that his receptionist was very nice, I feel bad that she has to work with such a miserable person. Please, if you get a referral for him, change it, don't even waste your time.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

I had a horrible experience with this doctor. He made me give up on any hope of a treatment and I was only 21 years old at the time.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

Waited almost 6 months for the appointment, which then lasted about 7 minutes. Clearly, doc was not interested, concluded in the first 3 minutes that I had fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis. Gave me 2 brand-name prescriptions with "no substitution" notes on them. (Obviously looking for the big pharma bonus.) Barely addressed my questions and concerns. Dismissive and cranky man. Really, this is a specialist????

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

I was referred to this doctor a couple of weeks ago by my MD because I suffer with arthritis. I find Dr. A. Jovaisas excellent. He is courteous, very professional and knowledgeable. He runs a very professional paper free practice. I strongly recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Comments are always appreciated, and I would like to note that Dr. Jovaisas' receptionist of 28 years retired in December 2015. There have been many changes since.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017