Ratings for Dr. David Climenhaga

Dr. David Climenhaga performed cataract surgery on my eyes. I paid $900 to have a toric lens used in one eye to correct astigmatism in that eye. I still had astigmatism in the eye after the surgery. Dr. Climenhaga did not admit that he had used the wrong lens (which is paid for by Alberta Health) until I questioned him one month later. I cannot recommend Dr. Climenhaga.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2018

I have been seeing him for 15 years and from day one he has treated me with respect and compassion. The staff have all been great. I normally end up there as a last minute emergency and they always do their best to accommodate me. The wait can be lengthy, but knowing they fit me in when I need it, I don't mind having to wait.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2018

Cataract surgery...high-end multi-focal lenses. First eye...ecstatic! Second...not so much. Inflammation "somehow"...no explanation...now I am left with a "wow" in the second operated eye so that the two can't focus! Like a funhouse mirror! So...still working with one eye closed to make sense of type or print on screen or books. Not so much a fan! Not what was promised! Very dismissive later assessments..."well, that anomaly must have been present before"....NOT!! Ruined career...thanks folks! And it wasn't cheap either!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2018

Just completed my surgery on second eye. Everyone was so professional and kind. I am so grateful to Dr. Climenhaga. I was almost blind in my left eye. Still recovering but have already seen a remarkable difference!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2018

For the person who submitted their 1.5 rating on March 28, 2017. Can you tell me who you went to see please. I have the very same eye issues and Doctor issues as well. sounds like you found a much better doctor . I will check the reviews in the near future to look for your input . Thank you

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

I went as I had an issue with my eye. Was told I had the beginnings of cataracts and to come back in 2 years. I went back the next month again telling him that my eye was hurting and he glanced and said come back in 2 years. I had my GP refer me to someone else who diagnosed me with a serious dry eye problem that also appeared to have a pressure problem. My dry eye got treated immediately and I was checked every 6 months because of the pressure problem that has now been diagnosed as Glaucoma. I am very upset at the treatment I received both by the Dr. and his staff for not listening to me and treating me properly.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Dr. Climenhaga and his staff have been nothing but amazing to me, he has been my doctor since I was in highschool and has performed 2 cornea transplants and cataract surgery. He always has time for questions and is very concerned for your well being. He is always friendly and takes time to interact with his patients. He also has a great staff who are very accommodating in answering questions and booking. This man has changed my life!!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

I was 13 years old in 1995, and Dr. David Climenhaga saved my eyesight. I had been impacted with a rope in my right eye and the force had ruptured my lens, scratched the cornea, and introduced blood into the posterior chamber. With his care, the eye was given heavy monitoring, care, time to heal, and then the lens was replaced. He was excellent, professional and I only wear glasses now to correct the vision in the other eye, as the sight in the injured one healed and vision was restored to a very high quality. A true doctor.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

My son at the age of 18 years old, had PRK surgery with Dr Climenhaga. He was -8.5 on both eyes, he now sees perfectly! The recovery was not so bad for him and he is 110% happy with the results. This doctor also performed PRK surgery on my husband and it was the best decision for both of them to have Dr Climenhaga as a surgeon. He is extremely professional, knowledgeable, patient and his staff is excellent.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Dr Climenhaga did both of my cataract surgeries and I couldn't be happier. His office staff were very helpful and efficient and he was very friendly and professional during my initial exam. He also is an extremely skilled surgeon. I can "see" that every day!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015