Ratings for Dr. Michele A. Potempa

Would NEVER recommend her. Have never seen a doctor as unfeeling & with so little concern for her patients.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

Doctor Potempa herself was okay however she did not return multiple calls I made directed to her and i found that upsetting as I made several calls to her staff leaving messages. Additionally I only saw her once and I was pleased with her in that sense. The office itself was in my opinion (office staff) unprofessional a lot of the time. I recently provided a notice to this clinic for multiple reasons. One: I contacted the on call staff a total of 6 times in a four five year period and twice the doctor on call did not return my calls at all. They told me my back injury was old although i hurt my back this March 28th was an old injury which made no sense, was determined by another doctor to be incorrect. I had to contact this clinic several times because they kept saying they sent a referral out to a particular spine doctor and they did not. To make worse, they, on one occasion only sent (faxed) a piece of paper with my name, telephone, and address on it nothing else. Which is not a correct referral. They were not prompt for the most part and there phone system is frequently in consistent or they answer phone without asking if you can please hold leaving you to believe your call did not go through this is on multiple occasions. I was told I can hold my grandson by a nurse in the clinic then got yelled at for doing so. (after I hurt my back) Proving their consistency is not consistent. I feel the clinic staff not this doctor, is semi in-confident in my strong opinion.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

Had elevated blood work. Did not call to follow up. Made incorrect recommendations re:results confirmed by specialists. Hang up on incoming calls when phones busy. Repeatedly.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

Please don't ever use this practice! I took my newborn child there for her first visit after she was born and we were 15 mins late due to snow storm and just being new parents and this practice refused to see us because it was almost their lunch time! Also when they tried to reschedule all they offered us was 2 days later and it had already been a week since she had been born!!! They were not accomadating at all! I understand the need to be on time for an appt but when you have a newborn and you are taking them out in a snow storm to get checked for the first time you would think they would be more understanding! Needless to say we no longer go to this Dr and I was able to get in an hour later with a better Dr!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

Makes me wonder if there are more than one Dr P?- the only bright spot there is her receptionist- she handles situations calmly and with respect of patient- men seem not welcomed there

flag | Submitted November 8, 2014

wonderful doctor and staff - they try their hardest to give the best possible medical care - i have been in the office after office hours so the np i seen can talk and explain things to me she took her time - even calling on the weekend to check up on me - i will never change drs love them!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2014

I feel like a "Hot Potato" at times? passed on to whoever wanted to see me- then rushed thru my visit- you can see them already running to the door- never had a problem with nurses except maybe one? the doctors that really were good have left- Dr P only is in the office in the morning - I really don't think her PA's ask for help when they need to?

flag | Submitted November 7, 2013

hangs up phone or busy signal often. unable to get sick children in same day ever. big staff turnover does not provide test results without constant calling. no one answers phone on lunch.refers to ER or urgent care often. cancels physical appts made a year in advance then cant get you in for months.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2012

Michele comes into the room, shakes your hand and looks you in the eye and asks what your concerns are. She has been my Dr for several years and has been very patient with me, even when I did not want to make the obvious health choices that were clearly best for me. She never pressured or gave up. Her staff is efficient, organized and compassionate. She always makes sure I leave with whatever scripts or information I need. I would highly recommend her to anyone as she is a VERY GOOD Doctor.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2011

Yes Dr. P is very busy but that is because so many people trust and respect her. She is a great Dr. & person. Very easy to talk to, cares about you and is quick to refer you to a specialist when she feels you could get more care for a specific problem. My entire family goes to her and a lot of my friends do too. Everyone in her office is nice. One PA I am not happy with and would not see again but I just tell them when I call and it is never a problem. Am fortunate to have a Dr. I like and trust so much!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2010

Dr. Michele A. Potempa's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Buffalo School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

Amerigroup