Ratings for Dr. Rebecca S. Mattison

Staff at the Endocrinology Clinic of Minneapolis are not helpful. Customer service is lacking. It took forever for someone to get back to me. I called 3 times trying to book an appt with Dr. Chow based on a referral from my primary dr. I have to say that I am not a fan. the clinic is not clean the exam rooms have medical waste receptacles that are full. If I go for a consultation or an exam the last thing I want to see is a bin of bloody test tubes and needles. Talk about Gross. The trash cans don't have lids and I can see the paper gowns that patients have taken off and the exam gloves removed by the dr or whomever.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

I had an appointment in the beginning of Sept. this year, I was 10 mins late due to traffic and I asked the front desk person if there was a restroom I could use after checking in. She said they will probably take you right back. When they took me back and I asked if I could use the restroom which was right by the scale where the nurse was going to weigh me she said "NO, WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU". I sat in the room waiting for Dr. Mattison for about 7 mins --I think I would have had time to use the restroom. Dr. Mattison saw me and we chatted a bit she gave me no insight as to why my TSH levels may be off, no suggestions nothing. After she walked me to the lab to wait for my blood draw she literally turned around and didn't even say good-bye or shake me hand. I heard her say to someone in the back "Yep, that's the last one for the day" It was the rudest service I have ever rec'd at a doctors office. Her bedside manner is horrid and I will never go back nor refer her to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

I have seen Dr Mattison for years for an endocrine problem. She has always been knowledgeable and professional in her interactions with me, and her care has been helpful for my health. I have never experienced anything but friendliness and openness from her, and I agree that she is very intelligent. I would highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

My experience is very similar to many of those listed below. I was referred by my Internist when she could not get my Hashimotos under good control. I have made 3 visits to the Endocrinology Clinic of Minneapolis since that time. I have found the following: 1. Phone calls to make appointments result in long waits. If you are unable to sit on the phone for 10 minutes or longer ... wait until you are. 2. The front desk staff is neither warm, nor welcoming. If you're looking for customer service, you are not going to experience at that point of care. 3. Dr. Mattison is direct, unemotional and minimally friendly. She is brief in her interaction and disinterested in answering your questions. She WAS, however, willing to listen to what research I had done and my insistence that my symptoms were real. She switched my medication and I have been much better controlled since then. Some people need warm fuzzies from their doctor. I am a health care professional and while I like that ... if you don't give it to me but still help me, I'm ok with that. I do feel that much could be done to improve her interactions with her patients. I went away each time feeling as though I was another person with a thyroid issue, and not an individual who was struggling with feeling horrible for years. It is highly unlikely that anyone from Endo Clinic of Mpls. reads these reviews, as nothing has changed in 3 years. Great to be able to vent and affirm.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

What she lacks in warm fuzzies, Dr. Mattison more than makes up for in her grasp of endocrinology! It's almost devilishly complicated--but if you need to sit down and figure out what's going on, she's your person. It's true that she doesn't have a lot of obvious Minnesota nice going on, and I can see how some could be put off by that. But for overall brainpower and ability to come up with a plan, she's top drawer. (Also she has a fine sense of humor that only shows after your first couple of visits.)

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

I have been very happy with Dr Mattison over the last 4 years of being seen by her. When I moved to the area I was uncertain who would be knowledgeable and communicate clearly. Dr Mattison is extremely bright, but realistic when it comes to the challenges of living with Type 1 Diabetes and thyrod issues.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

Dr. Mattison can be very direct, but I value that in a doctor. She is incredibly intelligent and knows her stuff. But I could see her not having a lot of patience with those that try to diagnosis themselves. I have never felt any of the dismissal or rebuffs that others speak of. She communicates her care plans clearly and I always receive a follow-up letter providing my results and future plans for my care.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

Why is it that salons and automechanics always offer comfort and water when you wait for them to complete the service but a place designed to heal and comfort (clinic) leaves you thirsty, cold, and alone? That sums up my entire visit with Dr. Mattison. Even when she was in the room she was cold and I felt alone. She rebuffed my previous research on the largest database of information I have access to (the internet) in my own health as something that would make her own task of explaining how I feel..to me....difficult. She downplayed my body's response to Hashimoto's disease and made me feel belittled. Her final offering was to direct me towards a neurologist, or perhaps a rheumatologist - anyone but her, I'm sure. Which is fine with me. Dr. Mattison - you're fired.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

She told me to take Activia yogurt for bloating and never checked me for Hashimoto's Disease which I found out after leaving her that I had. She was also flippant and uninterested in helping me.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2014

I have tried many endocrinologists in the metro and finally settled on Dr. Mattison. Frankly, I was shocked to see that anyone had anything poor to say about her. She is professional, intelligent, punctual, and has helped tremendously with my thyroid issues. I have been going to Dr. Mattison for 4 years and make a 45 minute drive to do so. I went years with feeling tired and sluggish, without Dr. Mattison's help I would not feel this good. I recommend her to everyone I know.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

Dr. Rebecca S. Mattison's Credentials

• Mayo Medical School (Grad. 1998)

AHC